Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Yeos kick is smothered the clock still runs out. A long kick will hang for at least 5 seconds and Varcoe still had to gather and run 20m because Schoey has DeGoey covered.
What a load of rubbish!

Also Shuey after taking 30 seconds for his "set shot" really should have played on, kicked sideways for an uncontested mark or ran sideways for 3 or 4 seconds before heading to the pocket. Was relatively unmarked.

Happy to not watch any AFL shows or read any crap articles that give us no credit.

Just watch our games and make own opinions.

Filter through these types of threads waiting for a random "finally something positive said about us" links then I may have a browse.

Worked last year.

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a tough draw and like Simmo said we were 2 games off 7th last year and won a game on the last kick (v port)

We had a bit of luck going our way.

All you need is a few things to go against you and it gets tough.

Id like to think our squad is a top 4 squad though. Mentally tough to battle through situations and enough drive from guys who missed last year to push the others.

Barring a terrible run with injuries Id like to think top 4.

Adel-Rich-WCE-Coll (in no particular order)

We have a tough draw and like Simmo said we were 2 games off 7th last year and won a game on the last kick (v port)

We had a bit of luck going our way.

All you need is a few things to go against you and it gets tough.

Id like to think our squad is a top 4 squad though. Mentally tough to battle through situations and enough drive from guys who missed last year to push the others.

Barring a terrible run with injuries Id like to think top 4.

Adel-Rich-WCE-Coll (in no particular order)

Ahmm. NicNat, Gaff, Shepherd.
Also, missed JD, Kennedy, Gov and Shuey for chunks of the season.
We won in spite of things going against us, not going for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have thought that exact thing having watched it so many times. Had Varcoe actually smothered it, we probably would've lost, and Jack Darling would be doing the Ron Burgundy, walking down the street drinking milk from the carton never to play AFL footy again
Milk was a bad choice!

Just on this - there are six seconds on the clock the moment the footy touches Yeo’s boot. Let’s assume it’s smothered and bounces up perfectly to Varcoe (presumably). He‘s not gathering, running from the centre circle to 55m and kicking in six seconds.

He can’t score himself, so he kicks ahead to a teammate. De Goey is no certainty to mark with Schofield on his hip, but let’s argue that Varcoe gathers and kicks perfectly ahead. De Goey is either forcing a set shot from beyond 55m, or leading back towards goal but hearing the siren go because the longer kick took too long.

Zero chance of a smother amounting to anything other than the most breathless, but ultimately inconsequential, moment in Grand Final history. Kingy gets there eventually, but imagine trying to script a better Grand Final than the one we actually got.

**** Victorian fan fiction.

Let me paraphrase for you:

"Imagine if the other team kicked more goals than the team that actually won. Then they would be the team that won! MIND BLOWN."

Imagine if Melbourne didn't concede 11 goals to 0 in the first half of the prelim. We might not even have made the Grand Final! :eek:
Well, technically Melbourne didn't concede 11 goals to 0 in the prelim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back