Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Named after Derby England as your capital city Perth is named after a city in Scotland .

You can't have it both ways , adopt place names from other countries and then create your own mispronunciation

Your message makes no sense but I'll educate you a bit

Shrove Tuesday games began in the 18th century. The most famous took place in Derby when the young men of the parish of All Saints challenged those from nearby St Peter's. All men over the age of 18 took part, trying to force the ball from one parish into the other. In 1731 the mayor made an unsuccessful attempt to suppress the game, repeated every year by his successors until1848, when troops were called in. From then on the name 'local Derby' was attributed to any football match played with fierce partisanship between neighbouring clubs.

By the way your attempt at phonetic description if Derby as Dur-by ,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually, you can. Derby is proof of that :)

Named after Derby England as your capital city Perth is named after a city in Scotland .

You can't have it both ways , adopt place names from other countries and then create your own mispronunciation

Shrove Tuesday games began in the 18th century. The most famous took place in Derby when the young men of the parish of All Saints challenged those from nearby St Peter's. All men over the age of 18 took part, trying to force the ball from one parish into the other. In 1731 the mayor made an unsuccessful attempt to suppress the game, repeated every year by his successors until1848, when troops were called in. From then on the name 'local Derby' was attributed to any football match played with fierce partisanship between neighbouring clubs.

Yeah...you can. Born in Derby (UK), call the town and the game here Dur-bee, call the city in England and the Kentucky Derby for example, Dar-bee. It's actually quite easy to do.

Yeah...you can. Born in Derby (UK), call the town and the game here Dur-bee, call the city in England and the Kentucky Derby for example, Dar-bee. It's actually quite easy to do.
Yeah people call Sydney , Sydney but i like to call it Shithole

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for the help, random Port supporter.

And how pronounced anywhere else . Originates from Derby England . Not sure if being an isolated small ( population) state is reason enough to distort your Head of States language . Much less criticise those that use correct pronunciation

LOL. It’s called the derby. Deal with it.

I blame JK to be honest. He should've looked at that idiot with contempt, shaken his head and told him that that was the stupidest question he's had put to him. Next question.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

this..gave the question validity by answering the way he did

Thanks it was difficult but an ethics decision after drug fuelled 90s and clubs handling of it .

Port good fun to follow , roller coaster of a ride . Makes the wins dry enjoyable , horrendous losses don't even surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just brought a new pair of slacks, would love to see what Pav's wife thinks of them.

Anyone know how i can get in contact?
I had a housemate (best mate) once who got into a 3 hour argument with his then girlfriend because he didn't notice that she'd bought new trackpants. I'm talking swearing, crying, throwing things, the full works, not because he didn't like her $10 plain blue Big W trackpants but because he hadn't noticed that she was wearing them. In retrospect that was a sign of things to come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back