Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve watched every Fremantle game this season, and the only time I’ve noticed Brayshaw was when he kicked it out on the full twice in thirty seconds last week.

There’s no chance that, at the ground, I could pick him out in a team featuring 21 blokes with the same haircut plus Luke Ryan.

So Luke Ryan is the peroxide blonde in defence? I was trying to figure out who that was.

And yeah...I know what Brayshaw looks like and can generally pick players at long range from the 5th floor no trouble, but I only saw him once.

I’ve watched every Fremantle game this season, and the only time I’ve noticed Brayshaw was when he kicked it out on the full twice in thirty seconds last week.

There’s no chance that, at the ground, I could pick him out in a team featuring 21 blokes with the same haircut plus Luke Ryan.

He still hasn't recovered from Gaff the poor soul.

Said it on the game thread, was really surprised how upbeat Lyon was. The dockers never looked like getting smashed but the closest they briefly got was 9 points. They played ugly, s**t skill level. He's always struck me as a grumpy bastard so it was really jarring seeing how jovial he was. I'd be fairly annoyed if I was the freo coach personally, "good effort but unacceptable skill" would've been my summation

Said it on the game thread, was really surprised how upbeat Lyon was. The dockers never looked like getting smashed but the closest they briefly got was 9 points. They played ugly, s**t skill level. He's always struck me as a grumpy bastard so it was really jarring seeing how jovial he was. I'd be fairly annoyed if I was the freo coach personally, "good effort but unacceptable skill" would've been my summation
Never met the bloke, but a friend of mine used to work in one of the coffee shops near Fremantle Oval (this is back when the Dockers were based there) and players and staff used to frequently visit their store. She's always insisted to me that he is in fact a very jovial and affable man; literally the opposite to how he comes across in the media. Bizarre.

Fronting the media would be a huge pain in the ass. You've just had a very busy, very stressful few hours (figure even on a blowout coaching is a lot of work). Then you've got that DH Tom Brown or whatever his name is among others asking a bunch of extremely obvious questions, most of which have obvious answers or stuff you can't talk about.

He loves ugly footy.

He doesn’t believe skills can be trained and largely thinks what you get as an 18 year old is where their skills will stay for their career. Short of the win, I think last night was exactly what Lyon hoped for. No reason why he wouldn’t be happy.

Issue is, that style will never deliver success without a much larger number of stars to pull the game out and win it in the end, like they had in their peak 2013 era team. They don’t have those stars, so they’re just playing muddy, s**t, scrappy football with all effort and no skills, plus not enough game winners to put a season together with. Baffling he’s still believed to be the man for the rebuild.

Named after Derby England as your capital city Perth is named after a city in Scotland .

You can't have it both ways , adopt place names from other countries and then create your own mispronunciation

Your message makes no sense but I'll educate you a bit

Shrove Tuesday games began in the 18th century. The most famous took place in Derby when the young men of the parish of All Saints challenged those from nearby St Peter's. All men over the age of 18 took part, trying to force the ball from one parish into the other. In 1731 the mayor made an unsuccessful attempt to suppress the game, repeated every year by his successors until1848, when troops were called in. From then on the name 'local Derby' was attributed to any football match played with fierce partisanship between neighbouring clubs.

By the way your attempt at phonetic description if Derby as Dur-by ,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The good citizens of WA took out the snootiness and silly pommy accents from the name Derby ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL website.
FMD!

1. Dylan Grimes is the best one-on-one defender in the competition

Tom Lynch was superb, kicking six goals, but Grimes was just as important in getting an undermanned Richmond across the line against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Saturday. Grimes had 17 disposals, 13 of them contested, to go with five contested marks and six rebound 50s. The 27-year-old finally received recognition last year when he was named in the 40-man All Australian squad for the first time. With Alex Rance sidelined for the year, Grimes is standing up and taking a leading role in the Tigers' defence. Grimes rarely gets beaten one-on-one and stands up when it matters the most. - Lee Gaskin

From the AFL website.
FMD!

Tom Lynch was superb, kicking six goals, but Grimes was just as important in getting an undermanned Richmond across the line against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Saturday. Grimes had 17 disposals, 13 of them contested, to go with five contested marks and six rebound 50s. The 27-year-old finally received recognition last year when he was named in the 40-man All Australian squad for the first time. With Alex Rance sidelined for the year, Grimes is standing up and taking a leading role in the Tigers' defence. Grimes rarely gets beaten one-on-one and stands up when it matters the most. - Lee Gaskin
I know right, what a crock of s**t.

From the AFL website.
FMD!

Would genuinely not get a game for us

So apparently there were also muted jeers for Brayshaw when he came on last night. What a bunch of s**t, just trying to backup their bullshit rhetoric that although we didn't full blown boo brayshaw look gais there were definitely jeers but it was "muted" so wouldn't have heard that on TV so can't prove it didn't happen.!

media scumbag campaigners

I noticed some booing of Brayshaw. It did seem a weird coincidence to me that every time Brayshaw was booed, it was immediately after a por umpiring decision and Brayshaw was nowhere near the play. But the media (and Mrs Pav) are definitely right to get stuck into the abhorrent behaviour of us West Coast supporters.

From the Age podcast today, talking about GWS over the Cats
Jake Niall: is that the biggest win of the season by any team?
Caroline Wilson: Yeah, biggest upset for mine
Jake Niall: I mean the most consequential result
Caroline Wilson: I think as road trips go, it was equal to what Richmond was able to do.

1555329373761.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back