Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Coasters7

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
It really depends on how badly he/his family wants to come home. It's rare in the AFL that a player doesn't get to his destination and if the Eagles are offering both 2019 & 2020 first rounders the Cats would be hard pressed to say no as we get to the end of the trade period.
West Coast are a club that gets deals done so I have no doubt we'll get it done. As fans we might be disappointed with what we pay but I'd much rather pay in picks than Brander.

If something dramatic happens and he ends up in the draft another club (other than Freo) isn't going to jump on Kelly with his 4 kids if he goes in to the draft... it's not a great look and Kelly can opt to sit out for the year (unlikely but again it depends on the family situation).

Luke Ball is the last example I can think of and nobody touched him. He was staying in Melbourne and had significantly less baggage than Kelly (the only question mark was his knee and he didn't talk to any clubs other than the pies). He went for pick 30 and was part of the Pies premiership against the Saints.
Yeah I’d be prepared to give up whatever picks they wanted from what we have at the moment, last year was sketchy as we’d only seen a years work. Probably start at our first and second and go from there.

I’d draw the line at giving up players (unless it was a 2018 draftee, as they were the picks we offered them anyway), because they’d be severely undervalued as part of the trade, ala JK. Pick 3 and 20 was the trade, JK was the cream.. and it’s pretty clear which of those turned out best. Not implying it’ll end up exactly the same as the Judd trade, but from that example it shows how overrated draft picks are, especially outside the top 10 as both our 2019 and 2020 firsts are likely to be.

I’d much rather “miss out” on a potential gun that was picked at 16, when its speculative whether we take that guy anyway (Wellingham trade for the pick that became Grundy comes to mind).. than trade out someone we wanted, developed and had plans for, who is looking like he’ll be quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eagles rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Except, once again, that's not what he is interested in. Every time he is interviewed, he talks about loving Geelong. If he's going to be in Victoria, it will be at Geelong. He'd re-sign there rather than go to another Melbourne team. He'd only leave if it was because he could get back to WA.
It would be foolish for Kelly to say what he really thinks so it’s just grit the teeth and see out his contract..
Apparently he called Wells in the dying minutes of trade week and pleaded with Wells to trade him to the Eagles ..So a big kick in the guts for him and his family..
He’s proven himself to be very composed and professional this year ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WCEforeverman

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
Wow!! Just wow!!
Maybe I’m just getting old but “the ralph” sounds like a sexual assault to me
And like I said, maybe I’m just getting old, but I don’t see the humour in that

“They never will love where they ought to love, who do not hate where they ought to hate.” — Edmund Burke

Let’s *hope keys is not a “hate speech” advocate

*posts/moderation generally good, but that comment- poor form
Hate speech advocate. Jesus Christ

Marlin01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2007
continental shelf
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow!! Just wow!!
Maybe I’m just getting old but “the ralph” sounds like a sexual assault to me
And like I said, maybe I’m just getting old, but I don’t see the humour in that

“They never will love where they ought to love, who do not hate where they ought to hate.” — Edmund Burke

Let’s *hope keys is not a “hate speech” advocate

*posts/moderation generally good, but that comment- poor form
You’re probably just getting old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Is he gone forever or just this week? I don’t normally watch but Nat Edwards is a great host so if Hamish is gone I might get back to it.
Not 100% sure, I don't watch it every week but she is infinitely better than him.
I'd be watching channel 9 but it doesn't work where I am.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
We're getting 'love' because Collingwood and Geelong lost. We've gone from third to one win off first (and %). Beat the Pies and that might be a gap they can't close.

As a top 2 team since the current final 8 came in we've beaten every Melbourne team that has come here. 2006 was our only loss and that was to Sydney by 1 point. Ignoring the fact we haven't lost at the MCG since 2017 it makes people nervous if we're top 2. If we end up third or fourth pundits will jump off.

Top Bottom