Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why I was expecting insight from Fox Sports, but at the very least I was hoping for fluent English. The end of this paragraph reads like it was written in another language then google translated, what a mess.

Editing isn't my strong suit, but that was so bad I felt compelled to attempt a re-write:

In their last 4 games against all comers, there are only two teams Richmond hasn't at least broken even with - the Western Bulldogs and West Coast. In fact, in the last 9 seasons Richmond has only beaten West Coast at the MCG once - Round 3 in 2017; a time where Richmond were still considered a middle of the road team, and West Coast appeared to be in decline.

Last night on 360 they had Sam Newman on to have a chat about Polly Farmer, which was all in a ll a good piece.
Except for when they brought up racial abuse.
Sam Newman basically said in all his time and all he witnessed from both spectators and players he never once seen or heard any racial abuse aimed at Farmer.
Robbo I think it was then brought up how Polly Farmer talked about being racially vilified throughout his career.
Next comment, well he also played in WA.
WTF.

Last night on 360 they had Sam Newman on to have a chat about Polly Farmer, which was all in a ll a good piece.
Sam Newman basically said in all his time and all he witnessed from both spectators and players he never once seen or heard any racial abuse aimed at Farmer.
Robbo I think it was then brought up how Polly Farmer talked about being racially vilified throughout his career.
WTF.

Sam probably also has a different definition of what's considered racist compared to the public

Editing isn't my strong suit, but that was so bad I felt compelled to attempt a re-write:

In their last 4 games against all comers, there are only two teams Richmond hasn't at least broken even with - the Western Bulldogs and West Coast. In fact, in the last 9 seasons Richmond has only beaten West Coast at the MCG once - Round 3 in 2017; a time where Richmond were still considered a middle of the road team, and West Coast appeared to be in decline.
Excellent use of semicolon

Shocking development: Man with huge blind spot for what's racist missed racism at the time.

Yep, this guy
DE7-WnqUIAAHqTb.jpg

Shouldn't those 50 premierships have a * next to them? You know, cos we weren't sanctioned by the AFL and managed to land Chris Masten in the 2007 draft? And as you know the club obtained the rights to Masten's genetic material in 2062, allowing us to extract his athletic running genes and perpetually implant them into each year's crop of vat-grown 18 year old draftees, which culminated in the incredible 10-peat Premiership sides of the 2070's who travelled interstate every second week by running across the Nullabor and back. F*cken rigged VFL...

The premise of that article is almost as absurd! 2018 is tainted because in 2007 a fringe WCE player was in the backseat of a car that crashed and because he told some unthruth's about the driver from another team WCE should have lost the chance to draft Chris Masten... a fringe 2018 premiership* player. Never-mind the incident was in the report by the independent investigator sent to the AFL who rightfully chose not to penalise WCE with draft pick loses... probably because by then we'd already sacked Cousins and offloaded Chick, Fletcher and that other scallywag who's name escapes me

The premise of that article is almost as absurd! 2018 is tainted because in 2007 a fringe WCE player was in the backseat of a car that crashed and because he told some unthruth's about the driver from another team WCE should have lost the chance to draft Chris Masten... a fringe 2018 premiership* player. Never-mind the incident was in the report by the independent investigator sent to the AFL who rightfully chose not to penalise WCE with draft pick loses... probably because by then we'd already sacked Cousins and offloaded Chick, Fletcher and that other scallywag who's name escapes me
Bock.

One of the dumbest things I've heard on 360 from Mike Sheehan last night:

GW: His place, Mike, so you were asked to do the top 50 of the all time of the all time. You bracketed together big nick and Polly, and they were together at 7 and 8.

MS: and big nick was 7, now Sam wouldn't agree with that...

SN: No, but that's ok

MS: ...I'm making the point, I'm happy with them as the pair. One had to go first and I'm big on longevity. The people in WA will sort of say, well he played 19 seasons. But in terms of the VFL, Nick played 328 and Polly played 101.

Stupid reasoning, but expected from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the dumbest things I've heard on 360 from Mike Sheehan last night:

GW: His place, Mike, so you were asked to do the top 50 of the all time of the all time. You bracketed together big nick and Polly, and they were together at 7 and 8.

MS: and big nick was 7, now Sam wouldn't agree with that...

SN: No, but that's ok

MS: ...I'm making the point, I'm happy with them as the pair. One had to go first and I'm big on longevity. The people in WA will sort of say, well he played 19 seasons. But in terms of the VFL, Nick played 328 and Polly played 101.

Stupid reasoning, but expected from him.
He linked Neville Shaw's suicide to not being as revered as his brothers are on Open Mike the other night.

I have no idea if it's true but it sounded tasteless.

WTF.

I think Sam has rose coloured glasses on. He clearly idolises Polly pulling himself up by the bootstraps to great aclcaim, when perhaps that wasn't the totality of the story.

Sam frustrates me. He's clearly an entertainer and a clever man, but he just gets it wrong too often. There's an underlying insecurity there I reckon.

Can’t really believe there’s legs in another run about the 2007 stuff...

I don’t think there is, might get a few BigFooty trolls frothing but it’s completely irrelevant now.
Unrelated to your perfectly valid comment, but how long have you had that avatar? It's brilliant and I think this is the first time I've seen it.

Gawn must bloody hate coming here.

Can’t really believe there’s legs in another run about the 2007 stuff...

I don’t think there is, might get a few BigFooty trolls frothing but it’s completely irrelevant now.

Haha I think I changed it in the week after the mark being taken - someone posted a HQ pic of the mark and it loaded on my phone right on the ‘foot to face’ part of the shot. Too good not to use haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back