Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 articles about reiwaldt studs up one afl other the herald scum saying its a stupid rule .
Neither article mentions the studs up incident with reiwaldt again in the same game that sent sheppard to the bench in a lot of pain after studs up into shep knee .

The rule was bought in for that exact reason .

Studs up 3 times in one game from rewaldt one causing injury. This is something the MRP should be looking at

2 articles about reiwaldt studs up one afl other the herald scum saying its a stupid rule .
Neither article mentions the studs up incident with reiwaldt again in the same game that sent sheppard to the bench in a lot of pain after studs up into shep knee .

The rule was bought in for that exact reason .

Studs up 3 times in one game from rewaldt one causing injury. This is something the MRP should be looking at
Pushing in the back with the foot is definitely worse than pushing in the back with the hand. Dont see any problem of the free kick.

Pushing in the back with the foot is definitely worse than pushing in the back with the hand. Dont see any problem of the free kick.
Ditto. The examples today could have just as easily been called push in the back instead of "studs up". They were obvious frees either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Ryan went studs up into Gawn's face and I'm sure none of you were calling for a free in that instance.
Recollection is that the initial contact was with the knee and not the studs. Whereas Jack is making space with his studs.

Don't mind the rule. If they get rid of it then we need to start training using the studs up to create space.

Ditto. The examples today could have just as easily been called push in the back instead of "studs up". They were obvious frees either way.
I felt that the first one was awarded for a push, it looked to me that's what the umpire ment. Fair enough too, otherwise everyone would just push out with their legs.

Good old Eddy loved calling the goals for Richmond before they were kicked.
"Rewoldt takes the mark and will go back and slot it"
For a point you numb nut.

Eddie goes too far the other way to distance himself from being the president sometimes as most Magpie fans wanted Wce to win for ladder position..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good old Eddy loved calling the goals for Richmond before they were kicked.
"Rewoldt takes the mark and will go back and slot it"
For a point you numb nut.

The bias in the commentary is unbearable. I think the place it is most notable is how many times the Victorian commentators either complain about a non - free kick to the Victorian side or complain about a free kick to us Vrs how many times they call for a free kick to us that wasn't paid or complain about a free kick to the Victorian side. I honestly think that with commentators like McGuire and some of the others we had on the weekend the ratio would be at least 10 to 1. I would not be surprised if it breached 20 to 1.

McGuire has this cowardly way of doing it when the game is in Melbourne where he says "Richmond fans are calling a for a free kick for a high tackle" etc. So he tries to disguise his blatant barracking by describing the Victorian team fans barracking for a free kick as opposed actually just full on barracking for it himself.

They are horribly biased and they know it. But they think they are successfully hiding it in the commentary and there is no way of measuring or proving the bias. But i think that if you counted an average over several games of us vrs Victorian side of their reaction to umpiring decisions and non - decisions the bias would be very, very obvious.

Recollection is that the initial contact was with the knee and not the studs. Whereas Jack is making space with his studs.

Don't mind the rule. If they get rid of it then we need to start training using the studs up to create space.
Have just read on the AFL website that after Hardwick complained about the two decisions that went against the Riewoldt the AFL in their wisdom have decided to alter the interpretation, “ there is a need to adjust the interpretation of rough conduct free kicks relating to the use of studs in marking contests and will make this change effective immediately” Steve Hocking said on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back