Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surprised to see Shuey and Tim Kelly are not our the top six according to this article.
the media is trash on all levels

Considering Kelly's stats are fairly comparable to Sheeds i wouldn't consider him elite. Unless you want to call Sheed elite as well.

He's not in the best 10 mids in the comp IMO, despite his Brownlow finish. Top 15-20 maybe.

Dangerfield, Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps, Yeo, Bont, Macrae, Josh Kelly, Martin and Neale are all better mids off the top of my head.

Considering Kelly's stats are fairly comparable to Sheeds i wouldn't consider him elite. Unless you want to call Sheed elite as well.

He's not in the best 10 mids in the comp IMO, despite his Brownlow finish. Top 15-20 maybe.

Dangerfield, Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps, Yeo, Bont, Macrae, Josh Kelly, Martin and Neale are all better mids off the top of my head.
I agree with that, though I'd much rather have him than a stats padder like T. Mitchell. That's why I'm glad we didn't pay any top 10 picks for him, he may take another step to become elite but he's not there yet.

Only two of them really involve West Coast.

1) A thinly veiled attempt to say 'Kelly isn't that good anyway'.
2) West Coast will miss finals because... Reasons.
He has three teams dropping out of the 8 (including us with our predicted all Australian skipper) but has said that saints and both adelaide teams will miss. Who comes in? Hawks,Norf and Carlton? Can't see it happening.

Also, they've predicted a Richmond vs Bulldogs GF. That would be awful. I'd love to see a non-Vic GF, haven't had one since 2006!

I can see them missing finals too. Bevo loves to out smart himself and has never finished in the top 4. Their flag came from exploiting rule loopholes and umpiring so bad that the AFL issued the swans with a formal apology.
Spot on. There is also a huge gap between their best and their worst footy. Just need to contrast their game vs us with their game against the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see them missing finals too. Bevo loves to out smart himself and has never finished in the top 4. Their flag came from exploiting rule loopholes and umpiring so bad that the AFL issued the swans with a formal apology.
I have not seen this formal apology but am intrigued. What did it say "Dear Swannies, you got fingered for a flag by some dodgy umpiring and we're sorry? The dogs were really up and about and we felt we it was their time to snag a flag. Hope you understand. Truly yours Gilly. PS. COLA cheque is in the mail"

I have not seen this formal apology but am intrigued. What did it say "Dear Swannies, you got fingered for a flag by some dodgy umpiring and we're sorry? The dogs were really up and about and we felt we it was their time to snag a flag. Hope you understand. Truly yours Gilly. PS. COLA cheque is in the mail"
It was a letter that they released publically around rnd 1 of the 2017 season (so it was buried in the media cycle). It essentially responded to the Swan's formal enquiry about the umpiring, apologised and admitted it was not at the required standard. I was amazed the media didn't run with it, but they were still on the Bulldogs/Bob Murphy Hype train.

It was a letter that they released publically around rnd 1 of the 2017 season (so it was buried in the media cycle). It essentially responded to the Swan's formal enquiry about the umpiring, apologised and admitted it was not at the required standard. I was amazed the media didn't run with it, but they were still on the Bulldogs/Bob Murphy Hype train.
I just googled and it was done in the 2016 off season which is why it was buried.

Melbourne team wins Cinderella story GF with the help of poor umpiring and the media don't latch onto the story? Well knock me over with a feather.

I’d say I’m shocked at the amount of attention that admission from the AFL received in comparison to something like the Willie Rioli non-call for a block (that didn’t exist)

But I’m not

Not even a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back