Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a free kick against unless he gets nowhere near it. He nearly took the mark, play on is the right call.

The ruck infringement when Allen was thrown down and their ruck never contested the tap was as clear as day to Allen, the commentators were way off base in that one.
Don't think so...

Where'd that come from? Coxy 2006 wasn't that long ago.
Hmm that article a few posts above.

Let's try an exercise to demonstrate this — off the top of your head, can you pick the last time the All Australian ruckman won a premiership in the same year?

You can have a second to think about it.

Did you guess 1996? North Melbourne's Corey McKernan? It's been a while, hey.”
cox named on the bench. suppose they meant starting ruckman

Perhaps it was the collective stink of the rest of the commentary team yesterday that soiled her performance, but I don't think she offered anything insightful at all. In saying that, she was the best of the group but that's hardly great when it includes, Basil, Ling, Darcy and BT.
At least she tries to gives some insight into what you can't see on the screen, Lingy describes in great detail what you have just seen with your own eyes, as if we didn't see player kick A to player B who wouldn't have got the ball without the block from player C. Piss off lingy.

Hmm that article a few posts above.

Let's try an exercise to demonstrate this — off the top of your head, can you pick the last time the All Australian ruckman won a premiership in the same year?

You can have a second to think about it.

Did you guess 1996? North Melbourne's Corey McKernan? It's been a while, hey.”

Cox was listed on the bench, but in the 22 and obviously listed as a ruckman.

Went back and googles the AA team. Cox was on the bench and Lade starting. I never realised Lade was that Good TBH.

VERY good and always under rated.

The ‘No Premiership Ruckman in the AA team since 96’ thing is a big of a dud stat though, clearly Coxy was in there as a ruck and was one of the best on ground in the GF, dominating Darren Jolly to the point where 51% of the sale price that Jolly got for his house on ‘The Block’ went to Cox - he still technically owns him.

I just wish Daisy did more blokey banter and was clearer in the agenda she was pushing for the game. Is the umpiring THE WORST EVER SEEN? - Are *insert mediocre team* THE REAL DEAL? - Does she have more details about which country town in Victoria the debutant comes from?!

Said no one ever.

She’s fine though. They totally treat her ‘like a woman’ but I guess that happens when you put her with a group of old footy players.

Don't think so...

Fairly certain they changed the rule years back that you couldn't use your hands to climb on an opposition's shoulders to fly for a mark, but they hardly ever pay it.

Afraid so. Every player goes up with hands on the shoulders and there is no penalty. It is far more favourable than getting knees to the head. Never paid as a free kick and never will be if the player gets their hands to the ball. The call was fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I thought the low point was them referring to De Koning as ‘young gun’. A few good moments (good for him BTW) makes him a gun.🤷‍♂️

Fairly certain they changed the rule years back that you couldn't use your hands to climb on an opposition's shoulders to fly for a mark, but they hardly ever pay it.
You can if you mark it......if you don't then a free kick should be rewarded against you for high contact.

Afraid so. Every player goes up with hands on the shoulders and there is no penalty. It is far more favourable than getting knees to the head. Never paid as a free kick and never will be if the player gets their hands to the ball. The call was fine.
No. If you fail to take the mark then you should be penalised for high contact. Not talking about hands in the back, talking about hands on top of shoulders giving you a push up. See it paid all the time.

Are you saying that you can only be a champion in a successful team?

It's not his fault he's in a dud team.
BTW, I don't think he's a champ yet, but he's getting there.
Champions impact the league around them.
Being a gun in a s**t team means exactly dick all in the grand scheme of things.

I don't care what wikipedia says.

It is not a free kick, has not been paid for years, if ever.

If you get hands on it it is play on. Smaller players like Betts do it all the time to gain elevation. Burton used the method numerous times to get up, despite him having a very good leap. Howe also uses the method on the odd occasion.

Not a free kick, not incompetent, play on.

Not sure if this comment fits on the ‘inciteful media’ or ‘insightful media’ discussion.

But here it is .......

AFL website running with a media/video asking if this WC midfield is better than the 2006 version with Judd, Cousins and Kerr.

Will look tonight to see what the verdict is.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back