Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Taylor calling Foley Redden
Tbf I struggled with those two a couple of times today.

My favourite BT line was him rubbishing Cripps' set shot accuracy based on his goal/behind ratio from all attempts. Now I could write a book on all of Cripps' faults, but he is a good set shot. And of course he nailed it.

Thought JJ was better and IMO offers more.
Jones has more talent, but in a team with players going down left right and centre, Langdon's ability to play nearly the entire game on the field without using up rotations is valuable as well.

He's quick, he tackles hard, he's not as good with ball in hand but he's servicable.

No reason they both can't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton got slaughtered on The First Crack last night.

They pretty much said Teague isn't up to it and they should get Ross Lyon in.

Ross Lyon was on the radio commentary I was listening to. Actually quite liked some of his insights into how things were playing out. He made a couple of interesting points about the Blues from a coaching perspective. The first was around the players coachability and compliance in regards to some structural breakdowns, given the Blues were making some fundamental/non negotiable mistakes.

The second was how their pressure rating was low for 3 quarters and shot up to elite territory in the last. He was questioning where that was all game and saying that's not game plan or tactics, it lands on the players.

For all of his faults, I think Lyon would be prime to take a talented list straight to finals. He does not * around with players not adhering to the plan and committing for 4 quarters. He could do good things with the GWS list.

Ross Lyon was on the radio commentary I was listening to. Actually quite liked some of his insights into how things were playing out. He made a couple of interesting points about the Blues from a coaching perspective. The first was around the players coachability and compliance in regards to some structural breakdowns, given the Blues were making some fundamental/non negotiable mistakes.

The second was how their pressure rating was low for 3 quarters and shot up to elite territory in the last. He was questioning where that was all game and saying that's not game plan or tactics, it lands on the players.

For all of his faults, I think Lyon would be prime to take a talented list straight to finals. He does not fu** around with players not adhering to the plan and committing for 4 quarters. He could do good things with the GWS list.

An interesting thing that seems to happen, is when we slow the game down the opposition pressure applied goes through the roof.

They tend to find it much harder to pressure us when we are attacking, compared to when we are trying to take the sting out of the game (happened against the Saints, Dons and then again against Carlton).

Richmond's pressure is at another level to who we have played (maybe the dogs are the other comparison), we are going to have to lift our intensity. That said, they have injuries so there are areas in which we can exploit them.

Lyon could work for them - they have a decent core of spuds that he can transform into scrappers and taggers. Probably too many viable forwards when they are all fit though, will need to ditch a few of those in questionable trades.

My favourite BT line was him rubbishing Cripps' set shot accuracy based on his goal/behind ratio from all attempts. Now I could write a book on all of Cripps' faults, but he is a good set shot. And of course he nailed it.
He rolled out some stat didn't he? And I thought to myself hmm Cripps is a good set shot and sure enough...

So given Richmond have raced back to Sydney to avoid quarantine, why has the bye been moved for us?

Obviously to reduce the inconvenience for the Tigers at the expense of reduced recovery time for our battered group.
I wonder if we resisted this behind the scenes.

At one stage one of the commentators mixed up 5ft Jackson Nelson with 7ft Harry Edwards.

My favourite call was vs Essendon, as Rotham kicks it out of defense to Rotham (Brander) on the wing.
Could hear the brain ticking over in the change of tone as the commentator finished the sentence. Genuine confusion at what just happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back