Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steele's a great player, but he's hardly exciting. Don't get me started on Cunnington.

I guess you could say like other aspects of Dal Santo's life, his list comes up a bit short

Liam Ryan, Shai Bolton, peak Eddie Betts, Lewis Jetta obliterating defenses one kick at a time, these are the guys I pay to watch.

No NicNat? You'd have to assume Dal Sandwich thinks it's too expensive to get over here for a footy match.

Dal Santo strikes me as the kind of guy who'd go to an event with an open bar and would order water.

Steele's a great player, but he's hardly exciting. Don't get me started on Cunnington.
Even Whitfield.

3 players on that list who are nowhere near the top for creating excitement for fans.

Pendlebury is probably lucky too. Great player, but wouldn't be one I'd pick to put bums on seats.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s an unhealthy amount of pressure/attention directed to the number 1 draft pick. If I’m north not only am I bidding on daicos to force Collingwood to pay the maximum price for him but to also direct all that attention away from Horne-Francis
This was a big factor in Adelaide bidding on Ugle-Hagan last year. Look at how much media spotlight is on him, whilst they quietly develop the guy they were always getting in Thilthorpe.

This was a big factor in Adelaide bidding on Ugle-Hagan last year. Look at how much media spotlight is on him, whilst they quietly develop the guy they were always getting in Thilthorpe.

North are in a different financial position from the Crows though. They might prefer having a number one pick they can trumpet to fans in order to get them to buy memberships, an issue that Adelaide wouldn’t have had to worry about.

North are in a different financial position from the Crows though. They might prefer having a number one pick they can trumpet to fans in order to get them to buy memberships, an issue that Adelaide wouldn’t have had to worry about.

Surely not.

Like either way they will get Horne-Francis, how many people will be throwing cash at Norf just because he went at 1 vs 2 (or, ideally 3 cos they bid on Darcy too)?

Surely not.

Like either way they will get Horne-Francis, how many people will be throwing cash at Norf just because he went at 1 vs 2 (or, ideally 3 cos they bid on Darcy too)?

Yeah I dunno, it’s their first number 1 pick ever. I’m sure there’s some marketing value in that, but god only knows how much it’d be.

I remember attending Jack Watts' first game.

No 18 Year old should have to go through the same ridiculous attention that was heaped on him before he ran out onto the ground.

Surely not.

They owe it to the rest of the clubs to bid on those 2 just for the sake of integrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Sheehan’s best rookie pick of all time.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

And the winner is ……………Brett Kirk.

Interesting choice and justification by Sheehan.

Would have though Cox’ All Australian selections and Priddis’ Brownlow would have had them in the front by a nose (obligatory Melbourne Cup) reference.

That’s not to take anything away from Kirk’s great career but I think Sheehan got this one wrong.

Mike Sheehan’s best rookie pick of all time.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

And the winner is ……………Brett Kirk.

Interesting choice and justification by Sheehan.

Would have though Cox’ All Australian selections and Priddis’ Brownlow would have had them in the front by a nose (obligatory Melbourne Cup) reference.

That’s not to take anything away from Kirk’s great career but I think Sheehan got this one wrong.
He's not always gonna get it right, and sometimes, you're not going to agree with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back