Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-09/threematch-grand-final-series-a-dumb-idea-bartel

"As soon as we understand that everything in our game is not fair, you can move on and deal with it. It's just the nature of the competition," Bartel said.

Wonder Bartel would say the same thing if the GF is played at the Optus stadium every year. Best of three finals is not such a dumb idea. They play 3 matches in the NRL state of origin and that seem works out OK for them.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-09/threematch-grand-final-series-a-dumb-idea-bartel

"As soon as we understand that everything in our game is not fair, you can move on and deal with it. It's just the nature of the competition," Bartel said.

Wonder Bartel would say the same thing if the GF is played at the Optus stadium every year. Best of three finals is not such a dumb idea. They play 3 matches in the NRL state of origin and that seem works out OK for them.
Best of 3 GF is a stinker of an idea.

The game isnt fair, and thats fine, and i think a lot of people DO deal with it. It's when nuffs like Caroline Wilson try to suggest that the MCG is a neutral *ing venue that people get pissed

IMO, Bartel is one of the more balanced and intelligent media guys going around.

Three finals would be atrocious.

IMO, Bartel is one of the more balanced and intelligent media guys going around.

Three finals would be atrocious.

I am not a fan of three GFs either. However, I don't mind three GFs IF that prevents a Victorian team (some of them travel outside Victoria only about 5 times in the home and away season) from getting an unfair advantage in the grand final. Regarding Bartel, he is slightly better than the others but he is as biased as the rest of them. Did you see the AFL Game Day on 7 after the GF? Leigh Mathews and Bartel were like they were commenting on a national disaster or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the 1993 jacket waving game against the Bombers. (Well it is the off-season)
Sheedy stated later something about the reaction to frees in the Eagles box being the reason for his actions.
Well it was only 27-16 in Bombers favour so the Eagles did get off lightly!!

Just read that. I was tired just reading it. Those repeat efforts wouldve ended me.

Should get Slobbo or Caro to do one.
Just make sure its not occuring in the South West please if he is doing one.

We have had a few earthquakes already this year.

Champion Data ranks the eagles as the 11th strongest list. Up 1 spot from 12th last season. One of the weaker midfields too. #keepsleepin
They can rank us last if they want - as long as we win the flag I don't care.

If we can win a flag with the 12th best list, surely we can do it even easier with the 11th ;)

They can rank us last if they want - as long as we win the flag I don't care.

If we can win a flag with the 12th best list, surely we can do it even easier with the 11th ;)
Surely if you're champion Data you fudge the eagles figures a little. Their analytics lose a fair bit of relevance having the defending champs at 11 and more so having them 12th last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back