Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
They can rank us last if they want - as long as we win the flag I don't care.

If we can win a flag with the 12th best list, surely we can do it even easier with the 11th ;)
Surely if you're champion Data you fudge the eagles figures a little. Their analytics lose a fair bit of relevance having the defending champs at 11 and more so having them 12th last season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smeg Head

Just take a bite
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Champion Data ranks the eagles as the 11th strongest list. Up 1 spot from 12th last season. One of the weaker midfields too. #keepsleepin
The ranks Brisbane's defence above ours for example, its nonsense.

Eaglemaniac

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast

OMGFridge

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Has anyone listened to the whole of that interview? I can’t imagine vic journos being as excited about one of our players coming back to play after being filmed snorting powder like they are about Mumford. The hypocrisy that exists in this sport is unbelievable.
Mumford hurts someone and its BIG MUMMY
Nic Nat does it and is blasted for it....

Also I've always thought Mumford was pretty overrated anyway.

Shuestar13

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m watching a classic match on Foxtel from 1996, West Coast vs Carlton at Princess Park and the crowd are booing every decision that goes west coasts way. Of course if you ask the AFL that was invented by our crowd this year and causes umpires to not know the rules.. :rolleyes:
The match decided by the infamous Williams “goal”. My 9 year old self had a meltdown after that game :'(:eek:. But an even bigger injustice was to follow in that year... The “home” Semi Final. Ah the memories!

KERRPOW

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
Champion Data ranks the eagles as the 11th strongest list. Up 1 spot from 12th last season. One of the weaker midfields too. #keepsleepin
On paper our midfield is pretty weak. But they all have their roles and as a collective it works.

I reckon collingwoods midfield has too many stars in it. Sidebottom, pendbury, beams, treloar, adams etc. They need masten and hutching role players.

AFL Club
West Coast
It’s a computer algorithm

Who gives a shit
Plenty of blokes on this site have used CD stats to justify all manner of stupidity and we live in a world where SC and various other diversions for fans have elevated the importance of contextless stats.

These sorts of exercises are useful reminders that stats often don’t mean shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
On paper our midfield is pretty weak. But they all have their roles and as a collective it works.

I reckon collingwoods midfield has too many stars in it. Sidebottom, pendbury, beams, treloar, adams etc. They need masten and hutching role players.
A number of these stars have been asked to take a pay cut to get them under the cap

BartBart

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
I suspect 1st year players like Rioli & Ryan have low rankings and rapid improvers/form drop off don't get decent rank changes. Which would mean long term guns who are just ok now are still ranked highly.

TL;DR... using the player rankings to rank each team is silly

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd

One of the reasons we won was because one of their role players - Levi Greenwood - was simply unable to curb Shuey in the second half, and our role player - Hutchings - limited Sidebottom to his worst game for the year.

Our midfield being ranked 15th is actually about right, because our whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Tactical innovation got us the flag, not individual brilliance from our midfield brigade.

Top Bottom