Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough, heaven does forbid it.

Leviticus 4:30-31 (NIV)
"And the Lord said to Moses, 'Laugh not at the comedy stylings of Andy Maher, for he is an unfunny, Carlton-supporting prat. And should any man encourage him by pre-arranging content, they will be smited unto the seventh generation.'"
And then the Lord said, "Truckosaurus, for having such a fiendish sense of humour, you are banished to take Andy Maher's place on the Front Bar for eternity'...& Trucko felt a little sad...for a moment.

The knobs on SEN were saying that it’s reported that west coast fans might be booing Brayshaw. Te media is an absolute farce. Who was the d**ckhead that asked jk this stupid question!

ha its a fair achievement. Have to be the first crowd in world sport that's copping s**t for something that hasn't happened yet
And without any reasoning or evidence that we would

I mean the thought of booing Brayshaw never entered my mind or the notion that others would was a possibility. Fair enough with Goodes there was the likelihood he’d be booed and also with gaff its pretty obvious (and understandable in gaffs case). But Brayshaw ffs is just dumb to even think it

The back page of todays West is a ripper

Michael Walters is a better player then Jeremy McGovern it seems
I actually saw that, I think they were listing who could have the most impact. I guess if the top 3 are Eagles it's only fair to try squash some Dockers in there. Thought they had Jetta very low though.

I do not buy that paper, was just at a cafe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or you know, Der-by. Because that's how it's spelled.

And how pronounced anywhere else . Originates from Derby England . Not sure if being an isolated small ( population) state is reason enough to distort your Head of States language . Much less criticise those that use correct pronunciation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lauren Pavlich. “Fremantle and Andy did a way better job of handling the whole issue!” Like the way they handled the Fyfe incident last week ? Their medical staff should be charged, they could and may have caused him more damage than is diagnosed. Had a lot of respect for Pavlich and his loyalty to Fremantle, but his bias is pathetic to hear.

And how pronounced anywhere else . Originates from Derby England . Not sure if being an isolated small ( population) state is reason enough to distort your Head of States language . Much less criticise those that use correct pronunciation

We have a place called Derby up north. Pronounced Dur-by. So that's probably why we call the game of footy the Der-by as well.

Our Head of State can GAGF

Interesting isn't it ? The English generally pronounce the word as it is spelled. The Americans like to change the spelling and the pronunciation to suit themselves, However, they pronounce Derby correctly, the same way Western Australians do. There is no A in Derby.

Interesting isn't it ? The English generally pronounce the word as it is spelled. The Americans like to change the spelling and the pronunciation to suit themselves, However, they pronounce Derby correctly, the same way Western Australians do. There is no A in Derby.
Believe there used to be, I think the current spelling has evolved from an old Danish name for the place. (I'm from there originally)

We have a place called Derby up north. Pronounced Dur-by. So that's probably why we call the game of footy the Der-by as well.

Our Head of State can GAGF

Named after Derby England as your capital city Perth is named after a city in Scotland .

You can't have it both ways , adopt place names from other countries and then create your own mispronunciation

Your message makes no sense but I'll educate you a bit

Shrove Tuesday games began in the 18th century. The most famous took place in Derby when the young men of the parish of All Saints challenged those from nearby St Peter's. All men over the age of 18 took part, trying to force the ball from one parish into the other. In 1731 the mayor made an unsuccessful attempt to suppress the game, repeated every year by his successors until1848, when troops were called in. From then on the name 'local Derby' was attributed to any football match played with fierce partisanship between neighbouring clubs.

By the way your attempt at phonetic description if Derby as Dur-by ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back