Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dane Rampe was pretty out of line that game. Did he give away a free kick for his insult towards an umpire?
No, there was no penalty for that.
And I get that no umpire wants to be seen as "so soft" that they're the first to dish up a free for that type of trash talk, but they absolutely should not have to put up with it. They put up with more than enough crap as it is. Yeah they get things wrong too often, but I feel confident in saying that leaving them exposed to all manner of childish insults is not going to improve their ability to umpire better.

What I found lame was the commentators trying to encourage cheating by begging for the Saints forwards to be paid marks that had been juggled and touched by other players ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was hilarious. "Yes I know other players touched it, but sometimes umpires (by mistake) pay those ones, so why not this time"

Nathan Brown on the Sunday Footy Show

"St Kilda had the better of the first 3 quarters":rolleyes:
What garbage. Reflecting on the game two days later, I'm actually pretty happy with how we played. It certainly wasn't perfect but we scrapped for a half and blew them away in the second. We had 3-4 posters in the 4th quarter so really should've won by 30-40 points.

The team is starting to turn the corner, as long as we can scrap a few more wins before the bye, we should be in a good shape to finish the year with nic nat, riolu and barrass back

Most important thing is we’ve won contested count 2 weeks in a row, and our tackle numbers have been high and largely effective. Would’ve liked to win both games by more but the effort has been there. Let the Vics look at the scoreboard and write us off because we aren’t flogging teams. Has there been any talk of how terribly the Cats are tracking cause they could hardly beat North? Or how the wheels have fallen off at Collingwood after almost choking against Carlton?? Yeah, didn’t think so

What garbage. Reflecting on the game two days later, I'm actually pretty happy with how we played. It certainly wasn't perfect but we scrapped for a half and blew them away in the second. We had 3-4 posters in the 4th quarter so really should've won by 30-40 points.

The team is starting to turn the corner, as long as we can scrap a few more wins before the bye, we should be in a good shape to finish the year with nic nat, riolu and barrass back

I thought we pretty much controlled the first, third and fourth quarters TBH.

Kicking 1 goal 8 in the last meant the final margin flattered the Saints I thought.

What pissed me off is the way the commentators were trying to get McGovern rubbed out. It turns out he received a rubbish fine. Then we see Ablett and Fyfe fawned over and defended by the commentators and they get off scott free. Outrageous decisions.

So the Adam Goodes documentary is so controversial it needed to be shown to club CEO’s first.
Wonder if any particular club or clubs will be singled out for booing/racism or if it will be about AFL generally.

So the Adam Goodes documentary is so controversial it needed to be shown to club CEO’s first.
Wonder if any particular club or clubs will be singled out for booing/racism or if it will be about AFL generally.

Well I am sure they want to reserve the right to not show said doco until Grand Final week. Pending the participants of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was booed by multiple of clubs for weeks - but when Eagles fan did it, it was obviously much worse - so I would expect that to be the only booing footage shown (ignoring the diving and dodgy free kicks in that game as it doesn't fit the story).

Oh you're joking me! How ******* predictable.
Actually can’t help but laugh at this. Of course they’d do that. Guaranteed we’re going to feature prominently in it too. Love how they’ve just said the booing was racist and have run with it for years, milking it for all its worth. Nevermind the fact he was sniping our players in that game. Would love for someone to just explain that fact to them one time and bring up all the other indigenous players who have played in Perth and not been booed..

I'm actually really interested to see the documentary, and think that the conduct around Goodes is worth examining. I don't know how central the Eagles will be, I suppose we will see.

Actually can’t help but laugh at this. Of course they’d do that. Guaranteed we’re going to feature prominently in it too. Love how they’ve just said the booing was racist and have run with it for years, milking it for all its worth. Nevermind the fact he was sniping our players in that game. Would love for someone to just explain that fact to them one time and bring up all the other indigenous players who have played in Perth and not been booed..
Channel 7 pointing at supporter groups and calling them racist is pretty wild.

A television age Der Sturmer but for the white picket fence set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back