Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Not so much the media but the Vic nuffy brigade are out in force on Twitter trying to have a crack about us wearing our usual clash guernsey and not an indigenous round design. All oblivious to the club’s communications that the AFL dictated our royal indigenous jumper a clash.

Still don’t see how royal blue with white shorts would have clashed with dark navy (almost black) guernsey and shorts.
Thought it was a shame they didn't wear last years yellow one which was also a brilliant design. Who says we only have to wear an Indigenous jumper for one game anyway?

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I was also unimpressed. Waited the whole show and then right at the end got my hopes up when they introduced the game....nek minnit.

Surely they knew the press conference was at a certain time and could have got through all the games instead of dribbling sh*t. That would be optimistic I guess.
A lot of these shows posts small snippets on twitter and i used to go through them to see if they post anything on us so i didn't have to waste my time by watching the whole show. I think they have finally gotten on to that and stopped posting anything on Eagles.

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
We had a blue one last year.

Our last yellow jumper was 2016.
This was the one I was thinking of. 2016 was it? Change the sponsor and make some more. Would have loved to see the team in it on Saturday or other away games!

1558873627796.png

Brer Bear

All Australian
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I was also unimpressed. Waited the whole show and then right at the end got my hopes up when they introduced the game....nek minnit.

Surely they knew the press conference was at a certain time and could have got through all the games instead of dribbling sh*t. That would be optimistic I guess.
Yet they found time to talk about game of thrones fmd

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I thought Ricciuto's comment "You're allowed to start the year slow after you win a premiership, aren't you Pav?" was a bit cruel to Pavlich.

Haha yeah that was brilliant ..

Ricciutto was more than fair in his commentary for WCE didn’t mind his call at all ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If anything it seemed he had played 300+ games for the Eagles. He was not impressed with the Crows or the umps, calling every non decision against them out.
He actually did well to go against the narrative in the 3rd where the free kicks all went our way, pointing out that they were all blatantly there and if anything, the umps missed some (Liam Ryan high at least twice). Even the AFL.com article pointed to the free kick count in the 3rd after the game - I was like FMD, do these guys even watch the games?

Ricciuto in the third quarter was defending every one of the free kicks and called out ones that were blatant but not paid like Ryan being collected in the head and neck very clearly. No complaints there.

It's proof that looking purely at free kick counts mean f***-all. Ask the posters that complained about all those free kicks in the third quarter which one wasn't justified and you will hear crickets in return.

If anything it seemed he had played 300+ games for the Eagles. He was not impressed with the Crows or the umps, calling every non decision against them out.

A bit like Langdon for us I reckon. Tries so hard to not be seen as biased that he can be overly harsh against his old club.

Drives the Crow fans nuts I think :D

Ricciuto in the third quarter was defending every one of the free kicks and called out ones that were blatant but not paid like Ryan being collected in the head and neck very clearly. No complaints there.

It's proof that looking purely at free kick counts mean f***-all. Ask the posters that complained about all those free kicks in the third quarter which one wasn't justified and you will hear crickets in return.

A Wet Toast fan would say that. *posts free kick differential chart*

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
A bit like Langdon for us I reckon. Tries so hard to not be seen as biased that he can be overly harsh against his old club.

Drives the Crow fans nuts I think :D

Langdon annoys me way to much now. He tries to hard not sound biased but it comes across as biter. IT is even worse when a dockers game is on he just sounds like a mega fan if they are doing well!

I like haselby as he tends to tell it how it is with WC or Freo and doesnt sound biased.

Langdon annoys me way to much now. He tries to hard not sound biased but it comes across as biter. IT is even worse when a dockers game is on he just sounds like a mega fan if they are doing well!

I like haselby as he tends to tell it how it is with WC or Freo and doesnt sound biased.

It's funny isn't it, how we all perceive things. Haselby strikes me as an apologist flog.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Gotta go abc. Not too many flogs on there and actual good callers. For Optus games 94.5 with Dennis is also great

Gotta go abc. Not too many flogs on there and actual good callers. For Optus games 94.5 with Dennis is also great

ABC is easily the best radio coverage particularly for games outside Perth

I agree for Perth based, 94.5 is the best. That being said, I don't have a great choice. I bought a little DAB portable radio a few years ago and the delay with digital makes it unlistenable for live games - the thing also has a FM tuner which is live so that's what I get.

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Yep a soft cap, for every $ you go over who have to pay an equivalent $ to the AFL.

Part of the AFL's "equalisation policy" where well run clubs get penalised for being, well, well run and broke arse joke clubs get our "equalisation" money for being, well, broke arse jokes.

If we're being honest, we could be run terribly and still be a rich club because we're in a two team market and one of those teams is the Dockers.

If we're being honest, we could be run terribly and still be a rich club because we're in a two team market and one of those teams is the Dockers.

If we were run terribly we’d be the dockers ;)

Tom Morris is only 28.

How has this little peanut got his own spot on On The Couch?

There’s an old Regurgitator song that answers that question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back