Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 689663

Who helped the Eagles win in the Grand Final again? Who’s a 3x All Australian?

One bad game and you’d think we were Carlton

Looking forward to Gov coming back after the bye pumped up.

IMG_0773.JPG

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Tempted to get up at 4am tomorrow morning and call up SEN to give that idiot Lyon an absolute mouthful...

Do it. The campaigner needs to be pulled up. Ask him why he can’t seperate the Indigenous players, but could correct Huddo or Healy and pick out the difference between Parker and (I forget who) whilst at the bottom of a pack with no trouble at all.

Let's just say it's not going to be a fun couple of weeks in the AFL media.

Nothing like dishing up an insipid performance for the media and WCE fans to stew on for 11 days before our next game.

Aaaand then it's the annual Thursday night game vs Essendon. Coming off our bye. We know how that normally turns out :sick:

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Let's just say it's not going to be a fun couple of weeks in the AFL media.

Nothing like dishing up an insipid performance for the media and WCE fans to stew on for 11 days before our next game.

Aaaand then it's the annual Thursday night game vs Essendon. Coming off our bye. We know how that normally turns out :sick:
Yep avoiding all AFL stuff as of last night.

Only BigFooty for the next 2 weeks.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, it's going to be a tough week.

According to The Tackle, we're now a joke and we don't try.

5. What a joke West Coast
When the Eagles lose, they lose big. Their four losses this year have been by 44 points, 42 points, 58 points and 45 points against the Swans. They lacked Elliot Yeo’s grunt in the middle and Shannon Hurn at the back. They were destroyed by Sydney’s ball movement. There are damning stats and horror stats and the Eagles yesterday allowed the Swans to score 45 points from chains starting in the defensive 50m. The AFL average is 13 points. That is a horror stat. If you didn’t know any better, you’d say they didn’t try.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

When the Eagles lose, they lose big. Their four losses this year have been by 44 points, 42 points, 58 points and 45 points against the Swans. They lacked Elliot Yeo’s grunt in the middle and Shannon Hurn at the back. They were destroyed by Sydney’s ball movement. There are damning stats and horror stats and the Eagles yesterday allowed the Swans to score 45 points from chains starting in the defensive 50m. The AFL average is 13 points. That is a horror stat. If you didn’t know any better, you’d say they didn’t try.
Hopefully we come out and do a number on robbo's beloved essendon after the bye

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Lyon gets confused on Ryan and Rioli yet can recite all 3 losses this year and the margins ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn't the commentators on the weekend mess that up in the first? I think it was around JK's second goal and I'm pretty sure Rioli did something to free up space, but the callers went on for about 5 minutes about how dangerous Flyin' Ryan was in that situation.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Meh Slobbo being Slobbo selling papers to his fellow idiots.

We had won 5 in a row leading into yesterdays game and hardly got a mention.. as soon as we lose they're all over it.

Reset after the bye and come home strongly in the 2nd half of the season.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea

It's not wrong either - pathetic defensive effort from our forward half.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Pretty funny watching Judd go diwn the Freeze MND slide.

Not a single highlight of him playing at WCE where he made his name and was at his best.

Good old ch7

Yeah thought the same. Couldn't squeeze in a shot of a premiership captain holding a cup, too many Carlton highlights to choose from...

Mitchell, Cyril, Swan all had GF victory footage. Picken had nothing but GF victory footage.

Small thing but just so typical of Vic centric media.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Yeah thought the same. Couldn't squeeze in a shot of a premiership captain holding a cup, too many Carlton highlights to choose from...

Mitchell, Cyril, Swan all had GF victory footage. Picken had nothing but GF victory footage.

Small thing but just so typical of Vic centric media.
Yep exactly. Almost as if it's only shown in Vic.

Ah well.

Reigning premiers

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
rioli and vardy both banned thanks to lyon and healy.

go **** yourselves. this game is in shambles.
Vardy I didn't see, but Rioli was fair enough based on previous week, I mean if Jetta got a week then Willie def gets one

I think it's bullshit don't get me wrong, but it was probably a sling even if his arms were free, just unlucky he hit his head. Bit of a nightmare game tbh, would rather forget it ever happened

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Vardy I didn't see, but Rioli was fair enough based on previous week, I mean if Jetta got a week then Willie def gets one

I think it's ******** don't get me wrong, but it was probably a sling even if his arms were free, just unlucky he hit his head. Bit of a nightmare game tbh, would rather forget it ever happened
I said to my self at the time, one down

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I think it's ******** don't get me wrong, but it was probably a sling even if his arms were free, just unlucky he hit his head. Bit of a nightmare game tbh, would rather forget it ever happened

The problem is the ******* umpires. If a guy takes 6 steps after being tackled and has arms free to defend himself, get the ball away and makes no attempt to protect himself. Lets run through the options.

A. Umpire should have called for a bounce well before the tackle went to ground.
B. Umpire should have called for a holding the ball well before tackle went to ground.
C. The player being tackled still has a responsibility to protect himself.

The whole system is just beyond incompetence. It's as though their heads are so far up their own arse as to not even think of any of the above and just go oh right, tackle, concussion incident, instant suspension.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
The problem is the ******* umpires. If a guy takes 6 steps after being tackled and has arms free to defend himself, get the ball away and makes no attempt to protect himself. Lets run through the options.

A. Umpire should have called for a bounce well before the tackle went to ground.
B. Umpire should have called for a holding the ball well before tackle went to ground.
C. The player being tackled still has a responsibility to protect himself.

The whole system is just beyond incompetence. It's as though their heads are so far up their own arse as to not even think of any of the above and just go oh right, tackle, concussion incident, instant suspension.
Was thinking that myself. AFL have a history of punishing the result rather than the action. If you don't want sling tackles, blow the whistle before the sling happens. If you don't want blokes getting hit in the head, don't give the offender two more chances to get it right.

As a side note I wonder what percentage of whistles are blown before the tackled player is brought to ground. There seems to be this belief that if a tackled player is still moving their feet it is play on.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Pretty funny watching Judd go diwn the Freeze MND slide.

Not a single highlight of him playing at WCE where he made his name and was at his best.

Good old ch7

They don't deserve being given the benefit of the doubt, but could there possibly be rights issues?

That footage would have been broadcast on 9. I'm not sure how the AFL handles licensing its legacy content.

rioli and vardy both banned thanks to lyon and healy.

go **** yourselves. this game is in shambles.
I wouldn't over-think the level of influence of the commentators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back