Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brabs

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
D9569F97-8AB7-4887-A803-6BD316959EB6.png

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL great Leigh Matthews was scathing of Naitanui’s performance during the middle of the game.

“I’ve got to say Nic Nat looks a mile off it,” he said on 3AW.

“I know he hasn’t played for a long time and he’ll be OK in the hitouts but he’s going to be struggling around the ground I would’ve thought.”

These sort of comments make my blood boil.

Matthews strikes me as somebody who has a particular vendetta against us.
Personally l find Leigh Matthew
a cumtwat....very vic orientated.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grahame

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL media coverage is amateur hour at its finest. It is at the point where it ruins the sport for me...

Yes I'm absolutely with you on this one. As others suggest I'm starting to turn it off. I have not had Fox for years and now, housesitting, I have it and I cannot believe not only how unbelievably and blatantly biased it is - not only to Victorian perspectives but especially to the big Vic clubs e.g Coll, Ess, Rich. (Without Fox I only had free-to-air so don't start me about programs with Hutchison ughhhh or Darcy!!)
The guest players or ex-player 'experts' are not 8/18ths from 'interstate' so each week there are players from Vic clubs who might be there supposedly to comment on the whole round but it ends up being more about their own club. Or the crap about the difficulty of travel to WA - or the WA home ground advantage - but not travel from WA or the home ground MCG, Launceston, Kardinia Park advantage etc etc etc etc.

And while I'm ranting, a couple of other things. First there are so many footy shows that they need to find 'news'. But there is only so much real news so then they have to speculate. And then discussion on the speculation. And then speculation on the discussion etc etc etc etc etc.
So, if StK beat Geel (or do well) then the Alan Richardson story will fade a bit. But if say Ess get belted then the Worsfold story will be back on. Or if NM win well then the Rhyce Shaw story will be front and centre again. And as mentioned, it is mandatory to have at least one 'big' story on Coll, Ess or Rich.

The second point is there are a heck of a lot of teams. (Too many.) That means there is always one or more that are not doing well so that provides guaranteed stories.

The next point is with the ridiculous final eight it means there are many teams only winning 50:50 who are in contention for a finals berth thus giving the commentators some to rabbit on about. In a finals system with integrity there'd only be a final six so all those mid-range teams - who are just average - would only be worth commentary if they were on a roll and were winning regularly. But now they pump up NM or Ess or Foots or Haw when they win one or two and thus might make the finals. "Make or break game". "Season defining." etc. In reality these teams, 95% of the time, if they make seventh or eighth go out in straight sets anyway - just revenue raisers for AFL Inc.

And one last suggestion. I reckon Fox Footy could add two one hour programs - one on Mon night the other late in the week. Being Fox, one hour would only mean 45mins. That would mean five minutes for each of the nine matches. The Mon night be a review, the other a preview. For all the hours of crap they serve up there is not actually a Fox show that reviews every match in any sort of detail and with equal time to each match. What a novel idea for Fox Footy - having a program about the actual matches!

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Here they come

Lose by one point and written off again. fu** em

It’s just the way the media is. Such extremes from week to week. No one at WCE said they were favourites to win the flag after the derby, it was guys like Roos who were pumping them up.

Wait until next week and if GWS flog the pies they will suddenly become flag favourites

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Good to see the Vic media enjoying the Eagles losing the game against Collingwood on Friday....

ANALYSIS
The run home: Eagles' grip on home final starts to slip
Staff writers
Jul 14, 2019 7:38PM

4. West Coast
44 points (11 wins, five losses), 113.3 per cent

How much will the Eagles rue throwing away a sizeable three-quarter time lead on Friday night? Tough trips to Alice Springs to face Melbourne and to the MCG to play Richmond are the key games in their run home, while North Melbourne, Adelaide and Hawthorn represent tricky home match-ups. They will probably need to win five of six – or maybe every single remaining match – to reclaim their spot in the top-two and earn a home qualifying final. - Riley Beveridge

The run home
R18: Melbourne @ TIO Traeger Park
R19: North Melbourne @ Optus Stadium
R20: Carlton @ Marvel Stadium
R21: Adelaide @ Optus Stadium
R22: Richmond @ MCG
R23: Hawthorn @ Optus Stadium

HS got the Queen join their campaign as well....

images (2).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back