Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Jesus - just listening back to the SEN Breakfast show and there was an ACTUAL DISCUSSION about whether the AFL will force an interstate team to host a Preliminary Final at the MCG like circa 2004. Apparently our esteemed hosts Whispy and Gaz Lyon completely forgot about the 2015 prelims.
Or the 2006 prelims.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
As much as I don’t want a team to be robbed a final, I’d love to see what would happen if it got to that stage, where contractually someone is losing a final.
In this day and age I'd fully expect a legal challenge. West Coast is a very big club these days, our revenue base is pretty important to ensuring s**t clubs like bullflogs and norf stay alive, so theAFL cant just ignore us.

Then again, I expect they'd screw over the poor club or the AFL owned one and not us (eg Brisbane or GWS).

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
In this day and age I'd fully expect a legal challenge. West Coast is a very big club these days, our revenue base is pretty important to ensuring s**t clubs like bullflogs and norf stay alive, so theAFL cant just ignore us.

TBH I wish we'd throw our weight around as a big club a bit more anyway. The Vics wont help us out of their own free will - anything we want we should be taking from them by legal force: umpiring reviews, MRP reviews, fixtures, etc.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
TBH I wish we'd throw our weight around as a big club a bit more anyway. The Vics wont help us out of their own free will - anything we want we should be taking from them by legal force: umpiring reviews, MRP reviews, fixtures, etc.
I am all for some weight throwing - need to be smart though. For one thing I dont think the club's PR is strong enough re support for the WAFL, paid for their own facilities (not tax payers), no pokies - the list goes on.

GWeagles

Premium Platinum
Sep 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The Sleepy Hollow move to send a non-Victorian team to Geelong for a final this year is the bigger risk, noting of course that any Melbourne based away team will have the disadvantage of having to wear their white shorts at the MCG if they come up against Geelong. I haven't heard that threat being completely extinguished yet.

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
The Sleepy Hollow move to send a non-Victorian team to Geelong for a final this year is the bigger risk, noting of course that any Melbourne based away team will have the disadvantage of having to wear their white shorts at the MCG if they come up against Geelong. I haven't heard that threat being completely extinguished yet.
I think there is little chance the AFL will allow this.
Big Vic clubs like Essendon and Carlton could legitimately expect to host finals at Docklands if this happened. There's no way the AFL will want to open this can of worms.

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
There must have been a bit the week before too. No finals in Melbourne week 2 in 2006 either. And I had forgotten we lost the first final to Sydney by a point.
I was living in Melbourne at the time and everyone suddenly was a long lost dogs supporter. The Mrs and I were the only eagles watching the game in a very vocal throng of VFL supporters at the London in Richmond. Ahh the memories!

The week after everyone was a long lost SMFC fan.

Nathan Brown named his top 5 kicks of the comp.
Let's just say that Dusty and sicily made the list but no Eagle made it.

One of the comments under the post.

Martin one of the best kicks in the comp. Kicking it as far as you can every time is a top five trait is it?

If someone could legitimately find five better kicks than Jetta and Hurn I’d be seriously impressed.

Art OF war

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Martin one of the best kicks in the comp. Kicking it as far as you can every time is a top five trait is it?

If someone could legitimately find five better kicks than Jetta and Hurn I’d be seriously impressed.
If they found 5 better kicks than Hunt and Jetta, that would be considered great research and journalism. Reaching.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Can’t believe Tex Walker has been named in the team of the week.

I was at the game and he was genuinely very ordinary.

12 touches, 4 clangers. 0 tackles, 6 marks (1 contested)

sure he kicked 4 goals. 2 of them were lucky joe the gooses from the goal square though.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back