Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls

2013 Hawthorn, 2010 Collingwood, 2007 Geelong, 2006 West Coast.

Really I don't think it's a disadvantage.
Same period of time (2006 - 2018) 2nd place has won 5 times - so yeh, not much difference between 1 or 2.

Over that time, only 4 premiers have come from outside of top 2. And only one of them outside of top 4.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I see the Herald Sun online has full story on Pies still whinging about the non free kick for blocking leading to Sheed’s mark in the grand final.
Can’t be bothered going behind the paywall.
It is quite convenient that they seem to forget all the ones that weren't paid to us. Typical Collingwood supporters. Always living in the past

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Same period of time (2006 - 2018) 2nd place has won 5 times - so yeh, not much difference between 1 or 2.

Over that time, only 4 premiers have come from outside of top 2. And only one of them outside of top 4.

The numbers are about what you'd expect really. Top 2 best chance, top 4 still a chance, outside the top 4 almost no chance.

I reckon Jetta and Hurn should be there.
Even Munday.

Martin wouldn't be in the top 10.

Moron

Says Daniel Rich has the 3rd most effective kicks in the AFL (probably true) and that he has the most long kicks in the AFL (also probably true)

Then uses those two stats to justify his selection of Rich as the best kick on the basis that it’s much harder to be an effective kick over long distance

The ******* nimrod doesn’t understand that kicks over 40m as automatically counted as effective unless they’re a direct turnover - so if you get a ball 50m to a pack of 10 players that gets thumped out of bounds it’s counted as effective. Doesn’t have to hit a target, just has to avoid being put down the throat of an opponent

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
d70rxxf4xje31.jpg

Thos made me laugh and piss and laugh again.

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Ask him about Liams Ryan's shirtfront as well, really make the campaigner cry.:'(:'(:'(
He was still crying and mouthing off and pointing at Ryan when we played at Optus last month.Irrelavant now but he is one sad arse little shithead.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 721576

Maynard is a snivelling *****.

I was laughing at the article above that one that has Cripps getting the votes over Yeo, Westcoast described as being inaccurate and the game being described as uninspiring! That is Aleem Dar level.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 721576

In other news, AFL defender who f*cked up in defense and concedes goal whinges that he should have been paid a free kick.

Colour me shocked.

Lets get the West to do an interview with Willie: "Yeah ive watched that passage of play about 100 times and it makes my blood boil. I was going for an epic screamer and that campaigner Maynard made front-on contact to prevent my run at the ball. I should have been paid a free kick and been the Premiership hero. F*cken Dom Sheed...".

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 721576

We should respond similarly...

Eagle fuming at GF free

West Coast forward Ashley Sampi has detailed the heartbreak of the grand final loss to Sydney fourteen years ago and his controversial late contest with Tadhg Kennelly, which resulted in Leo Barry's match-winning mark.

"100 percent it should have been a free kick," Sampi said this week of the moment the Swans defender held him out of a marking contest moments before Barry marked with just two seconds remaining.

"I have found it very hard to watch (replays of) the grand final," he said. "I watched the doco with Woosha (John Worsfold) and Paul Roos, and it made my blood boil."

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Have we a new jumper now?

Just looked at In The Mix on the afl.com site and we are now the
Vest Coast Eagles.

May suit the warmer days of late September quite nicely.
AFL trying to take the game international. Targeting the Dutch audience first it seems..

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
Maynard is a snivelling fu******.

I was laughing at the article above that one that has Cripps getting the votes over Yeo, Westcoast described as being inaccurate and the game being described as uninspiring! That is Aleem Dar level.
Yeah was confused with that. I am assuming it was from Sundays paper and it was a last time they met score card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back