Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
After the Sheed goal, Maynard coughed up the ball in the middle with a soft panicked handball and then completely butchered the kick in after the Darling dropped mark. Before the Darling drop, there should have been a high tackle paid against him on Sheed.

Looking at himself in the mirror should make his blood boil, he is a choker of the highest order.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
After the Sheed goal, Maynard coughed up the ball in the middle with a soft panicked handball and then completely butchered the kick in after the Darling dropped mark. Before the Darling drop, there should have been a high tackle paid against him on Sheed.

Looking at himself in the mirror should make his blood boil, he is a choker of the highest order.
Wouldn't that have been in our fwd 50 though??

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
1st vs 2nd means nothing to us this year.

2018 was 3 Vic + WC. We won our home QF and home PF then won the GF because we are most excellent. We would've creamed mediocre Hawthorn and if it came to it I'm confident we would've beaten Richmond in Perth too after our match earlier in the year. They had a Freo 2006 moral victory. 'You didn't beat us to win the flag'. Try making the GF...

2017 was 2 Vic and 2 non Vic. Adelaide (1) hosted GWS (4) and Geelong (2) while having an epic sook hosted Richmond (3).

2016 was 2 Vic and 2 non Vic. Sydney (1) hosted GWS (4) and Geelong (2) hosted Hawthorn (3).

Geelong can feel annoyed that both years they finished 2nd and got MCG tenants first up but that's the way it has always been, the top 4 was all Vic teams 2008-2010 and 3/4 in 2011, and in 2007 it was only Collingwood from 6th who weren't complete cannon fodder and they won 3 flags. From our POV Freo aren't going to play finals so top 2 means two home finals against someone that has to travel. We might prefer GWS over Richmond or Collingwood over Brisbane or whatever, but our focus is winning enough games to finish top 2. There's no disadvantage to us finishing 1st over 2nd or vice versa like there has been for teams in previous years.

2006 and 2015 were the only times WC and Freo were both any good and we finished 1-3 and 2-1 in those years and never met in finals. If and when Freo are a top 4 side again it changes the equation a bit. 1v4 and we lose home ground advantage. 4v1 and we don't have to travel first up.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Not biased, but very incompetent. Just watched the wafl report, and they made a eagle eye catcher out of Andrew fisher, praising his 80% kicking efficiency but show vision of him taking a terrible sideways kick in the backline. Thought it was very funny
Ha ha, I had a chuckle at that too.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU

"The charges were laid against Mr Olango just days after then-teammate and star West Coast midfielder Andrew Gaff was suspended for eight matches for breaking another player's jaw in an ugly on-field strike in 2018."

True statement, but completely irrelevant unless you're trying to suggest we recruit players who are a bit punchy.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

"The charges were laid against Mr Olango just days after then-teammate and star West Coast midfielder Andrew Gaff was suspended for eight matches for breaking another player's jaw in an ugly on-field strike in 2018."

True statement, but completely irrelevant unless you're trying to suggest we recruit players who are a bit punchy.

Interesting that it states he was delisted as a result of the incident.

I guess it might have been the case if he failed to disclose it before being drafted but I thought it was more the fact that big Tony probably wasn’t quite AFL standard?

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm sure it's been written about here but Daniel Kerr is an excellent analyst on the Coast to Coast podcast. Under all the joking and mucking about, he knows his stuff. That seems obvious but there aren't that many ex-players who are good at talking about how the game works rather than just spouting off.
I really want to see the warm up now!!!

I'm sure it's been written about here but Daniel Kerr is an excellent analyst on the Coast to Coast podcast. Under all the joking and mucking about, he knows his stuff. That seems obvious but there aren't that many ex-players who are good at talking about how the game works rather than just spouting off.

If he can continue to stay incident free he might get a media or coaching gig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

A touch hypocritical from Barrett, given his usual muck-raking.

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Thos made me laugh and piss and laugh again.

This is the best thing ever. You assume that players would hold grudges but to actually see a quote like that is pretty sweet. I'm going to have a smile on my face now whenever I see him play knowing he is cut that bad.

Gary Lyon jumping fully on the bandwagon on On the Couch makes me extremely uncomfortable

It’s tin foil as hell but I find it not at all coincidental that he only changed his tune post Melbourne. I’m all in on the idea that he’s just doing it for the no-lose scenario.

A) we win the flag and he gets to be right, or
B) we don’t win the flag and he gets to sink the boots in for being disappointing.

Like I said, a bit tin foil, but I’m sticking with it.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
It seems fair enough that the hun would have this article since it's a Victorian paper.

But the quotes from the AFL Fans' Association president were a bit off. Vic fans association?

A WA AFL Fans Association President is any one keen to nominate??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Lyon said Willie Rioli’s skills were elite, giving four-time Hawthorn premiership forward Cyril and Essendon great Maurice a “run for their money”, just a day after he had a career-high 21 disposals.

Didn’t Maurice play for Richmond? Anyway, good to see Biggie’s FKASC’s our Willie get the recognition he deserves from the media.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Lyon said Willie Rioli’s skills were elite, giving four-time Hawthorn premiership forward Cyril and Essendon great Maurice a “run for their money”, just a day after he had a career-high 21 disposals.

Didn’t Maurice play for Richmond? Anyway, good to see Biggie’s FKASC’s our Willie get the recognition he deserves from the media.

Cyril said a few years ago that Willie was the best Rioli or something along those lines ..It might have been when Wce drafted Willie..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back