Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our top ups are a bit strange though. Ah Chee does not exist?

Dogs are really scary though. The age profile PLUS the quality.

Have quality forwards in Naughton and Bruce to kick the ball to now. Solid defence too. Resurgent 2020.

Our top ups are a bit strange though. Ah Chee does not exist?

Dogs are really scary though. The age profile PLUS the quality.
Are they? They have potential but I think their coach is a dud. Missed finals two years straight after a flag (must be some sort of record) then scraped in this year, only to get belted. They will probably be around the mark but there are no guarantees that they suddenly jump into top 4.

Knowing Bevo, he will probably out smart himself again and start shuffling positions around.

Goddard thinks our forward line will slide.....

In the space of one trade period our midfield has gone from s**t to awesome and our forward line from awesome to s**t?

It will, because the midfield are going to take a lot of goals off them.

I don't disagree, I don't see our forward line improving or even staying on par with the loss of Rioli and another year gone to old man Kennedy.

Offset to a degree though by improvement in Cameron, Petruccelle and Allen which is not an unreasonable expectation

A lot depends on whether Kennedy can stay healthy which he wasn’t for long periods in 2019

I don't disagree, I don't see our forward line improving or even staying on par with the loss of Rioli and another year gone to old man Kennedy.
Not implausible that Allen, Petch and Waterman could improve though. Ryan’s development curve as an all round half forward has also been fairly steady thus far too.

Offset to a degree though by improvement in Cameron, Petruccelle and Allen which is not an unreasonable expectation

A lot depends on whether Kennedy can stay healthy which he wasn’t for long periods in 2019
Not implausible that Allen, Petch and Waterman could improve though. Ryan’s development curve as an all round half forward has also been fairly steady thus far too.

Indeed, really depends how much these other players come on and how much (if) Kennedy goes backwards.

another year gone to old man Kennedy.
I'm going on record here. If, and a massive IF, he stays fit through preseason, he'll have a good year.

I'm going on record here. If, and a massive IF, he stays fit through preseason, he'll have a good year.

With Kennedy it seems to be the late surgery that has set him back in the past few years, then he doesn't get training until January. The staff have maintained the narrative that he doesn't need a lot of training etc but he's looked super rusty and unfit for his season starts lately IIRC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have high hopes for Allen. He seems to be really switched on and oooooozes quality. He will take another step up this year but is still a few years away from showing us his best.

With Kennedy it seems to be the late surgery that has set him back in the past few years, then he doesn't get training until January. The staff have maintained the narrative that he doesn't need a lot of training etc but he's looked super rusty and unfit for his season starts lately IIRC.

Kennedy was really struggling to get any separation from his defender for most of last year. Which has never been a problem for fit JJK. Hopefully his leg issues are properly sorted over the break and he can have a really good crack at it.

2020 is the last go around I think, so I am really hoping for Josh to go out on top.

Kelly is a goal kicking midfielder that will add some grunt to our fwd potency.

I've been watching old games while at the gym (30 min cardio flies by if you are watching a quarter of footy as a distraction) and one thing that stood out to me was how Shuey used to get on the scoreboard more often early on.

2011: 24
2012: 19
2013: 9 (14 games)
2014: 17
2015: 24
2016: 12
2017: 11
2018: 6
2019: 8

Best I can guess is the decline in his goal kicking came with the decline of Priddis as well which forced him to do more grunt work and get forward a lot less. Hopefully with the drafting of Kelly it will free Shuey up a bit more to get back to his more dangerous pre-2016 days.

I've been watching old games while at the gym (30 min cardio flies by if you are watching a quarter of footy as a distraction) and one thing that stood out to me was how Shuey used to get on the scoreboard more often early on.

Best I can guess is the decline in his goal kicking came with the decline of Priddis as well which forced him to do more grunt work and get forward a lot less. Hopefully with the drafting of Kelly it will free Shuey up a bit more to get back to his more dangerous pre-2016 days.
That would be lovely to see.
One or the other is going to get off the chain, they complement each other so well.
1 or 2 goals inmprovement from them will just about make up for the loss of Willie.

Dong Shred doesn't mind a sausage.

I think it is also Sheed probably taking up more of that goal scoring role as well especially the last couple of years.

Last night I watched the 2017 final against Port, with Pridda, Petrie, Ezy and Mitchell..and the draw with 2x5 minute extra time slots.
What a great game, Shuey especially...he did have a wry smile as he crouched on the ground after that 'high tackle'...it looked like he shrugged the arm up, but his goal was karma for Gov's touched goal that was paid!
Fun times, especially breaking Port's hearts a second time, so sweet....

Last edited:
Our forward line functions just fine with our limited supply from the midfield.

A fit natanui and kelly will get our supply to jump significantly.

Our forwards will feast
2015 was classic Eagles low efficiency but loads of supply. We transitioned into a high efficiency, low entry side. We have won a flag but we don't get the percentage boosters the way we used to when we get on top... so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back