Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Ryan stuff & not condoning for one minute the racial comment.

But I do wonder why players, in general, open themselves up for such abuse. So many dipshizens out there i would have thought remaining private on social media was a safer option.
But jeez - that comment about Ryan’s child is an indicator of some maladjusted individual.
Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I agree with you in the sense that if I was a well known person, I would not be putting myself out there on social media.

He was on Social Media for the very same reason we use it, to share part of his life with the people that follow him.

If he wants to be on social media, he should be able to be without being racially abused and his child threatened.

Man I wish they beat GWS in the prelim now. Was happy for the giants at the time but it would have been glorious if Collingwood beat Richmond again

I don't think Collingwood would have won tbh.

Since it is the off season, I went watched a whole a whole lot of games from 2018-2019. I watched a few Collingwood games and a few things were crystal clear.

Grundy wins hitouts every single game.
Even with the above, Collingwood often lose clearances to teams such as West Coast, Richmond (and GWS).
Their lack of a true KPF means they don't have a real target up front and can struggle with options I50

With the quality of teams in the comp right now, I can't see the pies winning a flag unless they address these two issues (clearances and a key forward).

Last edited:

Our forward line functions just fine with our limited supply from the midfield.

A fit natanui and kelly will get our supply to jump significantly.

Our forwards will feast
2015 was classic Eagles low efficiency but loads of supply. We transitioned into a high efficiency, low entry side. We have won a flag but we don't get the percentage boosters the way we used to when we get on top... so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I agree with this. I have seen a few stats that suggest we aren't the best team for inside 50 but our efficiency and accuracy is right up there (I think leading the league in accuracy).

You can see the impact of Nic Nat on our issue with supply. I think every game he played (other than Collingwood where he got injured) our midfield functioned a lot better and gave our forwards more opportunities on the scoreboard. Add Tim Kelly to the midfield with his clearance/ground ball/goal kicking and you have a transformed team.

Here's hoping Nic Nat can have a good pre season and play the season out without an injury ending his season prematurely. It is a big if, but if Nic Nat, JK and Tim Kelly can have the consistent impact we know they are capable of I think it will be a very tall order to beat us next year.

But I do wonder why players, in general, open themselves up for such abuse. So many dipshizens out there i would have thought remaining private on social media was a safer option.

But jeez - that comment about Ryan’s child is an indicator of some maladjusted individual.

His account is private, which is a sad reflection on society.

I do wonder if these 'people' who write this crap are even football fans at all or just folks who get off on bringing low anyone with a profile in the most despicable fashion possible.

As a millennial young enough to have grown up with the Internet but old enough to remember a time before social media, I think we're all a lot poorer because of it.

Thanks for that insight. I don’t do Instagram but thought he wasn’t private.

Still doesn’t excuse the abhorrent behaviour of the poster concerned. I do agree with your sentiments about the contribution social media makes to society.

On a related matter the Perth Now web page is gradually being used to direct traffic to the West’s site through publication of second rate news publicising social media influencers.

Sad, really.

Thanks for that insight. I don’t do Instagram but thought he wasn’t private.

Still doesn’t excuse the abhorrent behaviour of the poster concerned. I do agree with your sentiments about the contribution social media makes to society.

On a related matter the Perth Now web page is gradually being used to direct traffic to the West’s site through publication of second rate news publicising social media influencers.

Sad, really.

Yep Perth Now basically ceases to exist and the Sunday times has changed significantly for the worse.

As has the West for that matter, the new editor is typical Murdoch-tabloid crap.

Really noticed the drop in standards in newspapers nowdays. Used to read them almost daily years ago but now I may look at the sport pages at the back occasionally and that its.

Its all sensational headlines on the front pages or a picture of a pretty woman on page 3.

I must admit when The WA opposition leader called them irrelevant (100% true) and they went ballistic I had a good laugh.

His account is private, which is a sad reflection on society.

I do wonder if these 'people' who write this crap are even football fans at all or just folks who get off on bringing low anyone with a profile in the most despicable fashion possible.

As a millennial young enough to have grown up with the Internet but old enough to remember a time before social media, I think we're all a lot poorer because of it.

There was an article yesterday re a female hunter in NZ who posts photos of her kills on Instagram
Personally I thinking hunting is far more humane than the animal kill factory’s, but I don’t get why people have to instagram it..??
And sure enough she got a lot of neg comments (death threats etc)

Whilst she didn’t really tackle the need to instagram, her reply to neg response IMO was excellent-
“"I don't really wish for people to understand. Their ignorance is not my burden to bear," she said.

Are you talking about two separate comments?
I ask this as I cannot see any racism associated in this idiot's comment in relation to Ryan's child.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah.

I'd rather have an interstate club in the GF rather than an all Victorian GF any day of the week.

I'd rather a competitive game than the trash that was dished up.

No pun but long bow.....
The poster is obviously a dickhead and should be called out for his abhorrent post but I don't see anything inherently racist in the comment. Mind you, if you look hard enough you can find what your looking for.
I completely disagree. Why mention the spear if it wasn’t motivated by race?

Why not, “I wish your kid was dead.”

100% racial. That’s not me searching for it.

I completely disagree. Why mention the spear if it wasn’t motivated by race?

Why not, “I wish your kid was dead.”

100% racial. That’s not me searching for it.
An aboriginal elder in the NT suggested that the police officer who has been charged with murdering an aboriginal in Alice Springs should be "speared in the leg" under their law. I am not calling this out as racist......it isn't but it is assumed that the idiot who posted this crap to Ryan is a racist. Do you know his racial profile? Could this person be other than white?

An aboriginal elder in the NT suggested that the police officer who has been charged with murdering an aboriginal in Alice Springs should be "speared in the leg" under their law. I am not calling this out as racist......it isn't but it is assumed that the idiot who posted this crap to Ryan is a racist. Do you know his racial profile? Could this person be other than white?
Do you have to be white to be racist against Indigenous people?

I think 'troll' is probably a better term than 'racist' for this idiot, but I don't think the racial undertones can be denied.

The NT elder is the opposite of racist, he is applying the same rules and laws upon someone regardless of their own race.

The Ryan insta stuff most definitely had racial undertones, regardless it was abhorrent behaviour

TBH I’m not sure why I’m responding because it looks like you’re out to stir an argument.

There was an article yesterday re a female hunter in NZ who posts photos of her kills on Instagram
Personally I thinking hunting is far more humane than the animal kill factory’s, but I don’t get why people have to instagram it..??
And sure enough she got a lot of neg comments (death threats etc)

Whilst she didn’t really tackle the need to instagram, her reply to neg response IMO was excellent-
“"I don't really wish for people to understand. Their ignorance is not my burden to bear," she said.

I don't get why people have to Instagram a lot of things. I suspect I'm guilty of it myself but geez there's a lot of absolute garbage on there for very little genuinely interesting content.

Do you have to be white to be racist against Indigenous people?

I think 'troll' is probably a better term than 'racist' for this idiot, but I don't think the racial undertones can be denied.

I agree with the term "troll". What concerns me is the immediate assumption that this is a racist comment when it is common knowledge (and used by the elder in NT) that spearing is an aboriginal "go to" punishment. It is also well known among Geraldton inhabitants that there is a history of feuding between aboriginal families which also involves the Ryan family.

I agree with the term "troll". What concerns me is the immediate assumption that this is a racist comment when it is common knowledge (and used by the elder in NT) that spearing is an aboriginal "go to" punishment. It is also well known among Geraldton inhabitants that there is a history of feuding between aboriginal families which also involves the Ryan family.

What's the actual worst case scenario here if it actually turns out this wasn't racist (which honestly requires a fair stretch of the imagination and is not the most likely outcome)?

I mean what are you actually concerned about here? I can't really visualize a scenario here where the outrage about this story results in a big hit to your freedom of expression.

Does anyone else remember the days when you could just stab a baby and nobody cared, before all this PC malarkey?

Maybe it's just us 1790s kids.

So i'm guessing that was you outside The Saint on March 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back