Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
There was an article yesterday re a female hunter in NZ who posts photos of her kills on Instagram
Personally I thinking hunting is far more humane than the animal kill factory’s, but I don’t get why people have to instagram it..??
And sure enough she got a lot of neg comments (death threats etc)

Whilst she didn’t really tackle the need to instagram, her reply to neg response IMO was excellent-
“"I don't really wish for people to understand. Their ignorance is not my burden to bear," she said.

Beggars belief! There are still such people living today, no compassion nor awareness of animal welfare. How can anyone big themselves up over shooting animals for fun? Idiots!

Goldfish

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Beggars belief! There are still such people living today, no compassion nor awareness of animal welfare. How can anyone big themselves up over shooting animals for fun? Idiots!
She's not killing for fun, she's killing for food... What she is doing is most likely more humane than the way the vast majority of animals are treated before we get our meat off the supermarket shelves which come from abattoirs etc.

Killing animals for sport is sickening, killing animals for food is human nature.

Should it be intstagrammed? That's another discussion entirely.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
There was an article yesterday re a female hunter in NZ who posts photos of her kills on Instagram
Personally I thinking hunting is far more humane than the animal kill factory’s, but I don’t get why people have to instagram it..??
And sure enough she got a lot of neg comments (death threats etc)

Whilst she didn’t really tackle the need to instagram, her reply to neg response IMO was excellent-
“"I don't really wish for people to understand. Their ignorance is not my burden to bear," she said.

I know people who post pics of their meals . Especially Subways

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
6pr last night listening to Karl and Haze. Karl says with the injury to Barrass and Gov he has written us off like he did Melbourne last year and will not make the 4....Even Haze scoffed.

Is it just me or is Karl trying to hard to not be biased against WC ?
Heard it as well, and as a former AFL player, I respect his opinions. He was alluding to the fact both Barrass and Gov will miss a preseason and how much that can hamper a player. I really think, like most people, Karl thinks Haselby is a fwit most of the time, and just wanted to be anti .

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
BE5C1AC1-224C-44F5-94AD-8A174D128EAC.jpeg

lol @ the ‘State Political Editor’ cracking this one open. 😂

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

slow news day
He was just present during a scuffle at crown more than two years ago and they banned the whole group I heard. Two ex-Freo players were banned for a few years for the same thing just for being near their super-pissed mate when security were questioning him. Security said it was "menacing", which was total bullshit, and they copped a ban.

Thewest is just like today tonight in print. Pathetic

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
6pr last night listening to Karl and Haze. Karl says with the injury to Barrass and Gov he has written us off like he did Melbourne last year and will not make the 4....Even Haze scoffed.

Is it just me or is Karl trying to hard to not be biased against WC ?
I distinctly remember Karl saying he'd returned to being a Norf fan after retiring from the Eagles, so his association with us is probably more of a professional one rather than as an Eagles supporter.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Karl+Haze aside, what's the opinion on here regarding Gov and Barrass missing a chunk of preseason-how will that affect our season?
Sounds like an opening for one or two others to get a run...

Sep 23, 2007
continental shelf
AFL Club
West Coast
Karl+Haze aside, what's the opinion on here regarding Gov and Barrass missing a chunk of preseason-how will that affect our season?
Sounds like an opening for one or two others to get a run...
It can’t be good for the individual players’ seasons, but it could be a blessing in disguise.

If they miss or play a diminished role, it could make us less predictable to the opposition. Toward the end of 2019, we saw opposition teams base their plans around avoiding McGovern and they became very good at it. We stuck true to our system, which had worked well, but ended up with a good, but not excellent result.

Hopefully, we use the early season to add more strings to our defensive bow and still have the defensive aerial dominance to draw on later in the year.

Last edited:

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
Slobbo put up his top 50 players of the decade.

1. Franklin
2. Ablett
3. Martin
4. Dangerfield
5. Fyfe
6. Hodge
7. Rance
8. Selwood
9. Pendlebury
10. Mitchell

11. McGovern
12. Kennedy (WCE)
13. JRiewoldt
14. Kennedy (Syd)
15. Swan
16. Rioli
17. Enright
18. Gibson
19. Betts
20. Gray

21. Burgoyne
22. Roughead
23. Cotchin
24. NRiewoldt
25. Johnson
26. Lake
27. Harvey
28. Judd
29. Gawn
30. Sandilands

31. Bontempelli
32. Hawkins
33. Lewis
34. Cripps
35. Shaw
36. Sloane
37. Taylor
38. Hurn
39. Bartel
40. Pavlich

41. Shuey
42. Parker
43. Sidebottom
44. Ward
45. McVeigh
46. Murphy
47. Gunston
48. Goldstein
49. Breust
50. Hannebery

On our players - Mitchell (10), Gov (11), JK (12), Hurn (38), Shuey (41).
Really happy & very surprised JK was rated above cry baby Jack.
Gov maybe too high & Shuey way too low.
Looking at some on the names in the 21-30 range, Hurn should be above a few of those names. Especially with Brent Harvey @ 27 absolutely ridiculous.

View attachment 791027

lol @ the ‘State Political Editor’ cracking this one open.

69d45c221ce51f0d66eb4b0f41f3f982.jpg

Absolutely nothing, yet somehow worthy of a front page pointer and dedicated article two years later.

Only thing stopping the article being on the front page itself was the enormous full page Toyota ad emblazoned on our state’s leading newspaper. You love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back