Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

@TomBrowne7
Jun 19

Wear Coast can’t just pack up and leave, after ‘doing their bit.’ They participate in a national competition, where their own state government won’t allow them to even quarantine at home. It’s not the AFL or other teams fault. Their government position is starting to get silly?

This tweet didn’t age well

I'm based in Victoria and can see the reason for the border closure (hint, it is not because of what is going on inside WA).

Basically, taking the Tom Browne path you could say 'all Vic teams have to play in interstate hubs for the rest of the season as it isn't safe for interstate teams to visit Victoria'

I don't think he realises it is a Victorian issue rather than a WA one... we are the ones with 6-8 cases of community transmission per day...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

However, this post has

This tweet didn’t age well

However, this post has
I now wish it was still 6-8 per day, not multiplied by 20.

I doubt we can get it under control in 6 weeks, so will probably be a bit more pain to come.

We have (sadly) learnt the lesson for the rest of the country that you can't have community transmission (even a small number) going on, as it will eventually spike exponentially.

On the plus side, the AFL clearly got the inside word on lockdown, so were able to get players out. At least this time around there is footy on!

While we work on COVID-19, has anyone got a solution to stop Tom Browne tweeting stupid things?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Settle down Damo you four eyed kent

View attachment 899963

IF.. you can't attack West Coast in their column

THEN.. do it in Ports column instead

Jesus christ this campaigner is still going!

1594334790906.png

The rest of the Vic media are staunchly sticking up for all the Vic players going into hubs, meanwhile this four eyed pencil dick is STILL taking swipes about apparent "sooking" from the Eagles being the first team to get thrown into a hub for the good of the competition, and without a return date!

Give me a spell you ******* clown.

I hope he gets called out on it and somebody puts this s**t on twitter.

Jesus christ this campaigner is still going!

View attachment 909385

The rest of the Vic media are staunchly sticking up for all the Vic players going into hubs, meanwhile this four eyed pencil dick is STILL taking swipes about apparent "sooking" from the Eagles being the first team to get thrown into a hub for the good of the competition, and without a return date!

Give me a spell you ******* clown.

I hope he gets called out on it and somebody puts this sh*t on twitter.
And I hope whoever does call him out actually names him ‘four eyed pencil dick’.

It's what my missus calls me.

And I don't even have glasses.

Or a missus.

1952573-67f5f4cbf8281593e691ef2d1d052ab3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatelys such a lil twat.

He is right.

WA has been nothing but an intransigent obstacle.

If the WA government prioritises the hard border and keeping everyone out, that's fine, but then you can't host the Grand Final.

He is right though. Compared to QLD our govt has been very hard to deal with, even most recently the idea that they refused to let the players' families into our hubs - unless they WAGs are from WA...

The rhetoric coming from our govt has been embarrassing at times. McGowan saying we should isolate Eddie and display him to that public like a zoo animal... the sports minister saying that the AFL owes us for not putting money into Optus... the Health minister saying that the AFL would be nuts to hold the GF anywhere other than Optus.

They are resting on the fact that Optus is such a good stadium. And the GF will slip through our fingers.

As hard as it is to acknowledge, the state government has bigger concerns than convincing the AFL to move the GF here. They’re making decisions based on medical advice with the predominant purpose of keeping the public as safe as possible. Football just has to work around that.

If that means the GF is at the Gabba, so be it. This is literally a matter of life and death, footy can’t override that.

As hard as it is to acknowledge, the state government has bigger concerns than convincing the AFL to move the GF here. They’re making decisions based on medical advice with the predominant purpose of keeping the public as safe as possible. Football just has to work around that.

If that means the GF is at the Gabba, so be it. This is literally a matter of life and death, footy can’t override that.

Yet both NSW and QLD were able to work with the AFL without compromising health and safety of their citizens.

Up until last week QLD had the same border measures in place that WA did, yet we had to move to the Gold Coast as QLD Premier was able to find a way to make it work, until the cases spike in Victoria and the CHO in QLD had to let the AFL know that the exemption was being withdrawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back