Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
I hope I am wrong but I believe this will be THE talking point for the next two weeks during any pre-game analysis of our first final home in Perth. Rather than focus on how great it will be to watch a game in front of 40K vocal fans, the discussion will linger on the fairness of it all and what a glorious victory it will be for the opposing team if they can do it.

Let it be a talking point. It helps us if Collingwood/Bulldogs/Demons etc keep hearing how hard it will be. That will help when they're 3 goals down late in the 3rd to ensure they don't have the mindset to push for a comeback.

In 2018 when Chris Judd, talking from experience, noted how "incredibly tough" it was for a non-Victorian team to win a GF at the MCG, Caro's eloquent response was a glib: "Didn't seem to trouble Brisbane."

I hate this 'if you're good enough, you'll win' attitude. People should look more closely at the ones who DIDN'T win, perhaps because of travel fatigue, where the ladder shows they were the best team that year.

In 20 years time Reif will be a popular name and Chris_6678 wont be.

rr2x8qyf56e21.png

"No, my son is also named Reif"

In 20 years time Reif will be a popular name and Chris_6678 wont be.

Was Chris ever a popular name ???

If so it must have been a fleeting moment............ cant say I remember it. ;)

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
I hate this 'if you're good enough, you'll win' attitude. People should look more closely at the ones who DIDN'T win, perhaps because of travel fatigue, where the ladder shows they were the best team that year.
Just the absolute audacity of Caro's "like it or lump it" attitude in the face of a champion who has experienced AFL from both the Victorian and non-Victorian perspective.

Juddy had every right to tell her respectfully she had no idea what she's talking about.

And for her now to be leading this unfairness narrative is somewhat hypocritical.

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I don‘t recall Caroline Wilson mention anything about the unfair and unjust "uncomfortable advantage" of Richmond hosting the 2017 GF against the minor premier Adelaide Crows in Melbourne. (Of course most of us know she is linked to Richmond).
The Adelaide Crows being the minor premier in 2017 won all the finals but had to play the 3rd position team Richmond in the Richmond home ground during the GF.
I hope the Adelaide Crows will let Richmond know who is taking the so called "advantage" on the coming Saturday game.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
“Some club’s are uncomfortable” translates to Collingwood (Edwad) and Richmond.

Collingwood will be playing us so probably fair enough that they’re having a whinge about the conditions not being even, but that’s what happens when you finish 8th and your opponent 5th..

Richmond seem to have something to say every time we get the slightest advantage despite both of their flags being directly linked to literally this exact scenario.

“Some club’s are uncomfortable” translates to Collingwood (Edwad) and Richmond.

Collingwood will be playing us so probably fair enough that they’re having a whinge about the conditions not being even, but that’s what happens when you finish 8th and your opponent 5th..

I didn’t see the show because I gave up on it years ago, but the reports I’ve seen suggest Eddie completely dismissed the concerns and said Collingwood were happy to come over and do whatever was required if they finish eighth,

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Caro just parrots the AFL/Richmond company line. She gets good access and she pays them back by raising their talking points in an outwardly neutral medium.

It can be frustrating, but at least we know what they're actually thinking.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Regarding the Vic Bias

I think the most telling point in how the AFL runs the competition is the extension of the MCG grand final contract. There was no discussion leading up to the decision at all as far as I am aware which is pretty poor given the length of the contract.

The article below is pretty insightfull in this regard
I can't read anything about that MCG deal without choking on my own rage. Gil got taken to the cleaners by the MCG and absolutely sold out the integrity of the competition he runs.

The President of the club that stood to be the biggest beneficiary of the deal was a key negotiator, and no-one sees this as a problem???GTFO.

Woosha was ALWAYS going to be an easy target for the vic media given he's not one of their Darlings.

Guaranteed dickhead is going to take another swipe in his sliding doors later this week.

Called it boiz, i saw the Vic Bias coming, four eyed weasel just can't help himself

1600382762464.png

Had enough of a "non essendon person"? What the * is a non essendon person Barrett? He's been the coach for 5 seasons and dragged them out of a period of total humiliation when they SHOULD have folded. He's as much of an Essendon person as anyone else affiliated with that shithole club.

Please take the liberty of uppercutting yourself Barrett.

Last edited:

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Just the absolute audacity of Caro's "like it or lump it" attitude in the face of a champion who has experienced AFL from both the Victorian and non-Victorian perspective.

Juddy had every right to tell her respectfully she had no idea what she's talking about.

And for her now to be leading this unfairness narrative is somewhat hypocritical.
I am continually amazed that people watch or listen to this garbage

Called it boiz, i saw the Vic Bias coming, four eyed weasel just can't help himself

View attachment 964199

Had enough of a "non essendon person"? What the fu** is a non essendon person Barrett? He's been the coach for 5 seasons and dragged them out of a period of total humiliation when they SHOULD have folded. He's as much of an Essendon person as anyone else affiliated with that shithole club.

Please take the liberty of uppercutting yourself Barrett.

They should get an Essendon person like James Hird in charge, that worked out so well last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back