Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfad05

Debutant
Jul 31, 2009
Perth Hills
AFL Club
West Coast
Damo had to dig deep for this one I reckon... :rolleyes:
View attachment 1004625
I was more offended on GWS' behalf. The big mean GWS being aggressive to gentle, kind, patient Wells. Who presumably has never had a player wanting to go to another team, and demanding all the picks. He then mocks us for giving all the picks to kind, patient and sweet Mr Wells.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I was more offended on GWS' behalf. The big mean GWS being aggressive to gentle, kind, patient Wells. Who presumably has never had a player wanting to go to another team, and demanding all the picks. He then mocks us for giving all the picks to kind, patient and sweet Mr Wells.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Typical of the hypocritical fwd flanker that Barret is, I imagine Wheatley must be seething at how totally unfair GWS are being to the poor hard done by cats.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Barrett just asked which clubs would be the best fit for Stephenson. Rendall began that anyclub that gives him some love he'd probably go to, and went on to say the best fit would be WC. He started a spiel about how well Ryan and Stephenson could work together up the ground, only to be interupted by Barrett

"Ok...which Melbourne club"

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Barrett just asked which clubs would be the best fit for Stephenson. Rendall began that anyclub that gives him some love he'd probably go to, and went on to say the best fit would be WC. He started a spiel about how well Ryan and Stephenson could work together up the ground, only to be interupted by Barrett

"Ok...which Melbourne club"

Hahah * is this real?

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair on Barrett - in line with his amazingly in-depth insight into our trade period from Sliding Doors, he knows that we don’t have the currency to bring Stephenson over to Perth, especially not at ‘Collingwood Prices’...

He’s got a soft underbelly anyway, we don’t need more of that.

Either way, these idiots are obsessed with ‘BIG FISH!’ and short of Jeremy Cameron, there are no ‘big fish’ in the market this year. Even a pseudo big fish like Daniher was handled swiftly, and Treloar is such a big fish there is barely a club ready to pay for him - with this in mind, what exactly would make us a ‘big player’ in this years trade period? Signing Brad Crouch? (Ew..), Jack Higgins? (Really?) or of course securing the sought after signature of Shaun McKernan (a man who’s greatest achievement is definitely maintaining employment in the league).

We could of course go the Essendon route, with currency to play with this year (because players want out) and trying to snag 4th tier mid table midfielders like Josh Dunkley...

Even the average BigFooty flog puts more effort into mega trades than this.

GWS not giving up Cameron. Higgins not ending up anywhere. GWS’s future second ending up at two different clubs.

Even if you fix that up, it’s great for Essendon and terrible for the Bulldogs, who get pick 13 which they’ll lose on Ugle-Hagan

For when it inevitably gets deleted, if was this

CDEB6042-9ACA-4684-A7C8-78171FD358BE.jpeg

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast

Even the average BigFooty flog puts more effort into mega trades than this.

GWS not giving up Cameron. Higgins not ending up anywhere. GWS’s future second ending up at two different clubs.

Even if you fix that up, it’s great for Essendon and terrible for the Bulldogs, who get pick 13 which they’ll lose on Ugle-Hagan

For when it inevitably gets deleted, if was this

View attachment 1007957

29 mins after you posted, it's already been deleted. Prescient of you.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Strange they couldn't get a picture of the club's CEO alone, had to stick Woosha in there as well....even though he had FA to do with their FU and doesn't even work there anymore!!

View attachment 1021234
He also looks like he gives zero *s in that picture too. Just chewing on something and staring into space.

I'm really pleased at how he handled hinself over there. Fixed the culture and got them into finals a few times, but not enough to get them to win a final. Also coached them for their first ever finals loss against us.

Then gives them a serve on the way out the door, calling out flogs like Lloyd and Watson for all their backroom interference. Gallops back to WA where he will always be a favourite son.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
This has to be the weirdest overreaction I've ever seen from a 'journalist'
Yeah. I thought it was quite funny actually. That's not even a ribbing, just a pisstake by both players on the usual banal messages established players send new ones and what every drafted says when they get drafted.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Mick McGuane rates our backline 6th in the comp.
Somehow Freo's is the 4th best :rolleyes:

6. West Coast
The top liners: Brad Sheppard (18, 90), Tom Barrass (18, 81), Liam Duggan (17, 83), Shannon Hurn (17, 89), Alex Witherden (6, 94), Jeremy McGovern (12, 90), Tom Cole (15, 67), Jackson Nelson (15, 72)

The top-ups: Luke Foley (1, 34), Harry Edwards (1, 14)

McGuane says: At their absolute best, when they are all healthy and playing well together, there is a strong argument that the Eagles defenders could be higher on this list. When playing at their absolute best they have potentially four players pushing for All-Australian selection — Jeremy McGovern is the best intercept marking defender in the competition, I trust Brad Sheppard (he made the All-Australian team in 2020), Shannon Hurn has been so consistent for a long period of time and Tom Barrass, who continues to elevate himself as a key defender. The reason why this group is so good is that they read the cues of the opposition kicker better than most teams. I just love defenders who mark the ball and this is why I rate the West Coast Eagles defence because they have players that back themselves in and go for their marks when others prefer to spoil.

4. Fremantle
The top liners: Luke Ryan (17, 107), Nathan Wilson (15, 74), Reece Conca (14, 69) Ethan Hughes (17, 71) Taylin Duman (15, 66), Brennan Cox (13, 80), Hayden Young (5, 52), Stephen Hill (12, 63)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Mick McGuane rates our backline 6th in the comp.
Somehow Freo's is the 4th best :rolleyes:

6. West Coast
The top liners: Brad Sheppard (18, 90), Tom Barrass (18, 81), Liam Duggan (17, 83), Shannon Hurn (17, 89), Alex Witherden (6, 94), Jeremy McGovern (12, 90), Tom Cole (15, 67), Jackson Nelson (15, 72)

The top-ups: Luke Foley (1, 34), Harry Edwards (1, 14)

McGuane says: At their absolute best, when they are all healthy and playing well together, there is a strong argument that the Eagles defenders could be higher on this list. When playing at their absolute best they have potentially four players pushing for All-Australian selection — Jeremy McGovern is the best intercept marking defender in the competition, I trust Brad Sheppard (he made the All-Australian team in 2020), Shannon Hurn has been so consistent for a long period of time and Tom Barrass, who continues to elevate himself as a key defender. The reason why this group is so good is that they read the cues of the opposition kicker better than most teams. I just love defenders who mark the ball and this is why I rate the West Coast Eagles defence because they have players that back themselves in and go for their marks when others prefer to spoil.

4. Fremantle
The top liners: Luke Ryan (17, 107), Nathan Wilson (15, 74), Reece Conca (14, 69) Ethan Hughes (17, 71) Taylin Duman (15, 66), Brennan Cox (13, 80), Hayden Young (5, 52), Stephen Hill (12, 63)

There is some massive over-rating of Freo going into next year. I suspect the media did their usual trick of forgetting that they existed, then got excited when they won an upset victory over Collingwood (who then went on to under-achieve for most of the year). My issue with them is that they still don't have enough reliable talls, so won't be able to score enough points and will struggle to stop the teams with at least two good KPF.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back