Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
The (over)confidence the Demons win at Optus in 2018 gave them and the Vic media leading into the PF just made the way we belted them all the sweeter

The loss in the H&A was well worth the payoff in the prelim
One of the guys at my cricket club is a staunch Melbourne fan, hates the Eagles with a burning passion because he’s a WA boy who supports an interstate club so understandably gets sick of the West Coast and Freo show in the WA media.

A few of us (him included) went to that H&A game, he was the only Melbourne fan amongst 5 or 6 Eagles fans. He was understandably chirpy after the result and did not stop. Once it was revealed we would meet again in the Prelim, he got even chirpier, saying he couldn’t wait to watch history repeat and booking his grand final flights, I’m sure you can imagine. The cricket group message and cricket training sessions were just non stop chat about how good the Dees were and how easily they’d roll us and walk into a GF.

By half time of the prelim he’d disappeared off every form of social media and funnily enough missed training that week.

Showing the live cross of Melbourne supporters in Melbourne on the Optus screens because it wouldn't be fair to poor widdle Melbourne otherwise made it even sweeter.

Still can't believe that actually happened.

I'm getting angry just thinking about it. I need to hit 'Post reply' right now or I'm going to bust out an almighty "BOOOOO!!!" in the middle of the office...

This article still makes me laugh

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the guys at my cricket club is a staunch Melbourne fan, hates the Eagles with a burning passion because he’s a WA boy who supports an interstate club so understandably gets sick of the West Coast and Freo show in the WA media.

A few of us (him included) went to that H&A game, he was the only Melbourne fan amongst 5 or 6 Eagles fans. He was understandably chirpy after the result and did not stop. Once it was revealed we would meet again in the Prelim, he got even chirpier, saying he couldn’t wait to watch history repeat and booking his grand final flights, I’m sure you can imagine. The cricket group message and cricket training sessions were just non stop chat about how good the Dees were and how easily they’d roll us and walk into a GF.

By half time of the prelim he’d disappeared off every form of social media and funnily enough missed training that week.

I worked with a Richmond fan (until recently) who was exactly the same that year. He was talking up about Tigers Premiership and how it was a lock, and then the Pies belted them in the Prelim and we didn’t see him for 6 weeks.

That is soft as.

Take your medicine bitch

That is soft as.

Take your medicine b*tch

Give the guy a break, ski season only lasts so long and you gotta hit the slopes before that powder melts away.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
All the flogs I work with don't follow footy
I could count on 1 hand the number of people I work with that even like sport.

Its all video games and s**t.

Makes it good if we lose a good way to get away.

I remember in High School getting s**t on Mondays when we lose.

But when you win no one brings up a thing lol

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast

I hope the coach dropped him for missing training

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
*en hate how reactionary footy media is
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 7.15.52 PM.png

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
This article still makes me laugh
I have never seen that before. Reads like a Betoota article.

"Ally Warren sat in a cross-legged yoga pose at the front of the supporters in the heart of Melbourne. In one hand, a crystal stone with the word: ‘willpower’ inscribed. In the other, a crystal heart.“There’s a few of us sending positive manifestations,” she said.Warren said she had been a Demon since birth when she was delivered by a Dr Hart.

“My heart has beat true ever since,” she said.

“I listen to my heartbeat on my birthday every year through a stethoscope.”
Warren was creating an aura of calm amid the nervous supporters — she said was already assured of the outcome.
“I had a dream we’d make the grand final,” she explained.

The 35-year-old “young at heart” artist wore a red and blue flower crown in her hair and rainbow stockings on her legs.

“I have to enter [a] quantum-psychic realm,” she said. “They need us to project our positive energy to Perth”."

My goodness how I pity Robbie Gray, having to play for this s**t stain failure of a club. Such a wasted talent.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I could count on 1 hand the number of people I work with that even like sport.

Its all video games and sh*t.

Makes it good if we lose a good way to get away.

I remember in High School getting sh*t on Mondays when we lose.

But when you win no one brings up a thing lol
Probably scared someone will take offence on your behalf and report them to HR for bullying.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari

I was at the H&A game in 2018 and there was one demon supporter sitting just over my left shoulder in the stands. As the game progressed and the beers flowed on down, he got more and more cocky and excitable about his beloved demons besting the eagles. As it got late into the last he decided to start spurting expletives into the crowd and went on this long winded yarn about how the demons had won ‘when it mattered’ and how he couldn’t wait to see the eagles get destroyed by the demons again come finals time.

Always wanted to meet him again post the Prelim final.

Reminiscence

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Rangers, Charlotte Hornets
  • Lyon - couldn't hold himself back from pumping up the tyres of the Demons

Maybe he wants to ignore the truth that coming from a club with such a big history of a losing culture that he grabs at any success he can even feel the taste of for the Dees. You look at their history of ladder position over the last 30 odd years, and they have been WOEFUL. Since 1992 when the Eagles won their first flag, they've missed finals 19 times. Of 18 of those times, their position was worst than 10th.

In 2007 - 2016; their best ladder position was literally 11th;

14th
16th
16th
12th
13th
16th
17th
17th
13th
11th

There's a rot that sets into a culture when you get absolutely pumped by every team year in, year out. Every team for the past 15 years have basically put their big hairy nuts on MFC's head and just let them rest there, with absolutely no retaliation or reaction whatsoever from the Dees. They just took it. You look at the psychological effect that has on a club, their foundational roots are tainted with losses and getting slapped around by 'lesser' teams. Another damning fact is they haven't won a single premiership since 1964. Long time in between drinks.

2018 was their big year. Finishing 4th. Flying high. Big dogs. Hyped by the media. Eagles who got run over in 2015 were ripe for destruction with key players out. We knocked them out of the park, to the point where 2019 was a complete write offs as they tried to heal from the scars of getting absolutely battered and us making them look like a sub-par, out of their depth team.

Let Lyon cling to the relics of success back in the 1960s and lick any drop of success MFC get off the toilet bowl.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe he wants to ignore the truth that coming from a club with such a big history of a losing culture that he grabs at any success he can even feel the taste of for the Dees. You look at their history of ladder position over the last 30 odd years, and they have been WOEFUL. Since 1992 when the Eagles won their first flag, they've missed finals 19 times. Of 18 of those times, their position was worst than 10th.

In 2007 - 2016; their best ladder position was literally 11th;

14th
16th
16th
12th
13th
16th
17th
17th
13th
11th

There's a rot that sets into a culture when you get absolutely pumped by every team year in, year out. Every team for the past 15 years have basically put their big hairy nuts on MFC's head and just let them rest there, with absolutely no retaliation or reaction whatsoever from the Dees. They just took it. You look at the psychological effect that has on a club, their foundational roots are tainted with losses and getting slapped around by 'lesser' teams. Another damning fact is they haven't won a single premiership since 1964. Long time in between drinks.

2018 was their big year. Finishing 4th. Flying high. Big dogs. Hyped by the media. Eagles who got run over in 2015 were ripe for destruction with key players out. We knocked them out of the park, to the point where 2019 was a complete write offs as they tried to heal from the scars of getting absolutely battered and us making them look like a sub-par, out of their depth team.

Let Lyon cling to the relics of success back in the 1960s and lick any drop of success MFC get off the toilet bowl.
The didn't even finish 4th in 2018. It was 5th or 6th, knocked an ancient Geelong team out in week one and then got the Hawks (who somehow did a dead cat bounce into 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back