Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the vast majority of people have no idea or interest in any of it

Here’s the thing, if you genuinely think the players were using that sign as a white supremacy signal (they weren’t) then call them out for it. But if the thing they were doing meant something completely unrelated then why even raise it unless you’re being a dickhead to fabricate some sort of gotcha moment
Welcome to Twitter

Someone on Twitter is already tagging Hungry Jacks asking for them to stop sponsoring us. 😆 but in all honesty, it obviously had no racist meaning by the players (was a common game in high school where if you got someone to look at it you could punch them) but probably best not to do that symbol any more.

lol, this is the textbook playbook - anyone who has spent any time on Twitter knows it well.

Jump to the absolute worse conclusion, assert that something is 'literal violence', tag any sponsor, employer, or whoever and try to have them fired, de-platformed, or demonetised. Then when corrected - refuse to concede ground and instead assert that 'well they should have known', assuming that everyone has had their brain similarly broken by Twitter/social media.

When the predictable backlash ensues, you then claim harassment, and once again you're the victim.

The point is not to advance any sort of meaningful change or dialogue, but instead to make sure you send the correct signals to your in-group of similarly overly online, over-educated, over-medicated, and underemployed colleagues. That, and to generate engagement, which is both how to raise your profile and feed your narcissism.

Can’t throw the ok sign. Can’t masterbate on an aeroplane. Everyones got so sensitive since 9/11. Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

You can still masturbate anywhere you'd like, it's the getting caught that's the issue.

US:

UK:

Australia:
Yep SJW media

Here’s the thing, if you genuinely think the players were using that sign as a white supremacy signal (they weren’t) then call them out for it. But if the thing they were doing meant something completely unrelated then why even raise it unless you’re being a dickhead to fabricate some sort of gotcha moment

I'm sure if we had any open white supremacists on the team Naitanui would have throttled them by now, and rightly so. JJ would also be a pretty weird Nazi. Still, it's smarter not to make the same sneaky hand signal as the Christchurch shooter in your team photos, eh? I'm pretty sure someone will have a word, the players will go "yep fair enough," and that'll be the end of it.

I'm sure if we had any open white supremacists on the team Naitanui would have throttled them by now, and rightly so. JJ would also be a pretty weird Nazi. Still, it's smarter not to make the same sneaky hand signal as the Christchurch shooter in your team photos, eh? I'm pretty sure someone will have a word, the players will go "yep fair enough," and that'll be the end of it.
JJ could be Tyrone Biggums

Can’t throw the ok sign. Can’t masterbate on an aeroplane. Everyones got so sensitive since 9/11. Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

You know mile high club doesn't count if you are by yourself right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, it has been widely reported the same gesture has been used to show solidarity among white supremecists. I'm sure NicNat for one would know the connotation other than the circle game and not be keen on it.
I reckon there's a 100% possibility that Nic Nat only knows that symbol from playing the game when he was a kid.
Barely anyone on here knows it as anything else.

Ultimately, this a game about power: if rightwing trolls can make the so-called liberal media look gullible, then it has a delegitimising effect, supporting the idea that journalists are oversensitive, easily triggered snowflakes. Soon enough, the news begins to feels like it belongs to a parody website rather than real life.

Pretty damn successful troll

The thing about this is that the idiot who posted that wanted to make storm out of it and he did it by cropping the players heads out of it and zoomed in the photo. What followed suit was the predictable rage from the extreme left. Non of this would have happened had he just posted a zoomed in pic of the lads, people would have seen an indigenous kid doing it and put 1 and 2 together and realised it wasn't something racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back