Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great move by Freo. Due to the Lions swapping home games earlier with the Pies they were to have 4 home games in a row to end the season, with us being their 4th home game in a row. Now that Freo swapped with them the Lions will only have 2 in a row at home. Thanks Freo, the gift that keeps on giving.

As for us, there is plenty of time to decide if we swap home games with the Crows. Plus the club might even prefer to just come home after the Hawks, then fly out again to Adelaide. A decision doesn't need to be made on that for a few days at the very least.

Arent we super dooper billionaires at West Coast?

Stuff moving games to away venues.

Play at home.
Take a financial hit.
But bank the 4 points.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes and no.

We spent a large amount of cash on our training centre.

We like to keep money in the bank but have lost a fair bit over the last 14 months with Covid.

Play at home.
Take a financial hit.
But bank the 4 points.

We’re talking about swapping our home game with the Crows with the round 18 fixture. Not giving up a home game.

Yes and no.

We spent a large amount of cash on our training centre.

We like to keep money in the bank but have lost a fair bit over the last 14 months with Covid.

Which we'll make back without even trying from everyone Waiting in the Wings.

Playing games away when you don't have to is minnow club stuff.

We’re talking about swapping our home game with the Crows with the round 18 fixture. Not giving up a home game.

Ah.

Play at home.
Take a financial hit.
But bank the 4 points.

Of all teams and venues in the AFL to have to swap with, I'd take the Crows and Adelaide oval any day of the week!

On 360 tonight for the doomsday scenario, Robbo said "West Coast beaten on the road again".

This was literally 10 minutes after Kingy showed we have the worst injury list in the comp.

Anyway, call me crazy, but I would've thought Collingwood losing to North might be bigger.
In fairness if Collingwood have been written off and we are still considered a (shakey) contender, another loss for us is more impactful on the season.

The issue is those shows are never going to come out and say a "big club" like Collingwood is in the rubbish bin at round 7.

On 360 tonight for the doomsday scenario, Robbo said "West Coast beaten on the road again".

This was literally 10 minutes after Kingy showed we have the worst injury list in the comp.

Anyway, call me crazy, but I would've thought Collingwood losing to North might be bigger.
You think you've seen it all, and then someone complains there wasn't enough talk of Collingwood on 360 recently.

The issue is those shows are never going to come out and say a "big club" like Collingwood is in the rubbish bin at round 7.

Whateley has been saying that for weeks. They’ve still got airtime because it’s been about whether Buckley is the man for the rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness if Collingwood have been written off and we are still considered a (shakey) contender, another loss for us is more impactful on the season.

You really think WC losing to Hawthorn would be a bigger headline than Collingwood losing to North?

You really think WC losing to Hawthorn would be a bigger headline than Collingwood losing to North?
Not a chance, pies go down to nth and it'll be headlines for the week, game dissected within an inch of it's life!
WC go down to Hawks and it'll be...we knew they were carp on the road, clarko factor, end of!

Last edited:
Just re-watched Whateley's bizarre rant about WC having to go east because the dockers are, can't for the life of me work out the logic behind it!!
really bizarre. why just west coast? why shouldn't all the clubs have to go away for a few weeks for "parity"?
and how come freo just spent 3 out of 4 weeks at home while poor old big brother eagles had to travel every other week?
thinking gerard just likes hearing himself talk tbh

If you not seen what Kingy was referring to it is how players are rated by champion data and the graph refers to total player points missing through injury. Oh my kid photo bombed.View attachment 1119488
Holy s**t freo were saying their outs were equivalent to ours, statistical analysis shows that is not the case, but they are 2nd behind us. Well knock my cotton socks off.

That being said, quick maths shows that 115, to 145 is near enough 25% of their total champdata points to injury, so equivalent is still a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back