If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

If Lehmann goes, who replaces him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Lehmann goes or is sacked as a result of the ball tampering during in the Cape Town test, it seems there are two names who CA will look to as Australia's next coach: Ricky Ponting or Justin Langer. Who would you appoint and why?

Last edited:
If Lehmann goes, it seems there are two names who CA will look to as Australia's next coach: Ricky Ponting or Justin Langer. Who would you appoint and why?
Dont care.
I just want a cleanout .
Would rather start again after yesterday's news.
Thoroughly gutted we support morally and fiscally a national team that ate lunch while devising a cheating afternoon.

Graham Gooch as long as he grows that tache.

BlandPiercingArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

Ponting is a totally freak though and often those guys struggle to explain their gifts to those less gifted than them. I favour Langer, he's more a back pocket plumber type.

To be fair on Ponting, every team that he has coached have said how important and how much they have learned from him. He has such a cricketing brain that it works.

Ponting is a totally freak though and often those guys struggle to explain their gifts to those less gifted than them. I favour Langer, he's more a back pocket plumber type.
I don't want anyone that is or has been in the Australian setup. Langer has as a coach.
Ponting has only dabbled in the national set up.

Good cricket brain. Far enough removed from what's happened, and a strong enough character to guide us through a turbulent time.

If we want to double down on Boof, go Warney

But either Langer or Ponting would be good. Strong enough characters who wouldn’t stoop to Boof levels of cheating and gamesmanship

Think he is an exception. Bloke lives and breathes cricket. Heard he used to check the grade cricket scores when he was test captain.

Langer seems to have a weird 'Brett Kirk ch 7 vibe' to me but he set WA right and put both the Marshes on the straight and narrow so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I going to add in a very left field choice. Anil Kumble.

The guy is strict and doesn't take s**t which pissed off Kohli and he is a brilliant person.

Won't happen at all but hey

The BNG would be favourite you'd think, given his recent history and experience. I'd prefer to keep Ricky as an observer, he can make a point at least, and it would be sad to put him in a dying format, but perhaps he can bring back credibility after the ruin left by Lehmann, who in 2013 replaced Mickey Arthur to bring back credibility after the ruin left by Homeworkgate.

I don’t mind that at all. One way to change the culture in a big way

Yeah it would be a good choice but would Anil come here? Maybe.

Also note the reason why he got fired is that he was an authority that challenged the players.

The team, according to reports in India, have told the administrators running their country’s embattled cricket board that Kumble’s style is “overbearing”. Kumble was appointed against Kohli’s wishes

Either Langer or Ponting will be good. Both wear their hearts and the Australian flag on their sleeves. Whoever gets the gig needs to “bin” the photos of coach Lehman, captain Smith and acting captain Warner to the rubbish bin they deserve.

Back