If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

If Lehmann goes, who replaces him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah sorry I’m being a bit of a dickhead.

I don’t mind Langer backing Bancroft to the hilt.

Him naming Renshaw like that shat me.

Overseas Khawaja’s very shaky so Renshaw to open and Bancroft at 3 could have been an option. Renshaw better foil for Warner as opener (irrelevant now I s’pose) and Bancroft looks like he has the technique to play 3

Langer seems a bit apprehensive to coach.

Would you want to coach the current Australian side?

Smoked in South Africa and now without 3 of the top 6.

Plus Marsh and Cummins out for extensive periods over the winter.

But I don't think Langer (or any of the candidates really) will shy away from it, being eternally optimistic is one of the pre-requisites of being a coach.

Plus Marsh and Cummins out for extensive periods over the winter.

But I don't think Langer (or any of the candidates really) will shy away from it, being eternally optimistic is one of the pre-requisites of being a coach.

It looks like being a recovery role, rather than leading the team back to glory. In captaincy terms we're looking for an AB rather than a Taylor or Waugh.

Whoever leads Australia from here on in is going to have at least a 6-12 month period of poor results on their record. Thankfully going forward we still have 4 good bowlers around for a couple of years.

It looks like being a recovery role, rather than leading the team back to glory. In captaincy terms we're looking for an AB rather than a Taylor or Waugh.

Whoever leads Australia from here on in is going to have at least a 6-12 month period of poor results on their record. Thankfully going forward we still have 4 good bowlers around for a couple of years.

We're not playing that much cricket this year for anyone to form an everlasting impression of a coach though. There's a few ODI's in England, a possible tour of the UAE to play Pakistan (which is a free swing given Aus/Eng results there of late), a T20 tour to Zimbabwe, a maybe top end series then home against Sri Lanka (while they smashed them at home last time, in Australian conditions and a full(ish) strength pace attack I just can't see them troubling) and India (who might trouble but record in Australia has been despicable in recent times).

By the time the three are back and available again I don't expect a lot will have changed.

He also presents as massive bellend who hid behind his faith while he stood at first slip most of his career and called you all the names under the sun. The last thing we need right now is more hypocrites in this team.

Yep. Used to cross himself too on the field. Unacceptable.

https://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion...-a-perfect-prat/2009/01/30/1232818724420.html

For a short while now, something has been missing. Life has lacked some vital ingredient. Fortunately, I've identified what it is.

It's Matthew Hayden referring to Matthew Hayden as Matthew Hayden.

Since the Queenslander retired from cricket earlier this month, a vacuum has appeared in Australian sport. Suddenly no elite Aussie sportsperson remains who consistently refers to themselves in the third person.

"People still remember how the young Hayden would poke grimly round his front pad," Hayden once said of himself, seemingly living his whole life as an out-of-body experience. "Matthew Hayden was created in India in 2001," he said more recently, meaning Matthew Hayden turns eight some time this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankly the fixing had nothing to do with Fleming and was orchestrated way over his head.

Back