If Lehmann walks or is sacked, who replaces him?

If Lehmann goes, who replaces him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought picking someone with significant experience outside the Australian set up would be the better call here (I.e. Gillespie rather than Langer). I don't see Langer bringing the cultural change that's needed.
Langer hasn't been in the Australian set-up for five years. There's very little difference between Dizzy and Langer, both played in the same era, would have similar experiences.

Langer hasn't been in the Australian set-up for five years. There's very little difference between Dizzy and Langer, both played in the same era, would have similar experiences.

Gillespie has coached in Zimbabwe, England, India, PNG and Australia.

Langer has coached in Australia.

The thought of Marsh being a captain makes me want to puke
I think I might fly to SA and see if I can find evidence on them being in on this ball tampering.
Utterly depressing that they are conceivably 1 Paine injury away from leading this once (no more) proud test nation.

I think I might fly to SA and see if I can find evidence on them being in on this ball tampering.
Utterly depressing that they are conceivably 1 Paine injury away from leading this once (no more) proud test nation.

I’d take Lyon as captain over any Marsh- both are lucky to be in the side let alone as captain

Shaun Marsh instigated the whole thing as far as I'm concerned. You've always got to be wary of the quiet ones....

The T20 team actually looked good with Ponting as coach. Pity they didnt keep with that at least. They picked a team on current form and it worked. Once Langer full time coach across 3 formats he wont have time to keep up with big bash and will end up with players in the squad on reputation again.

Really the sensible and obvious appointment. Although wouldn't have have minded Ponting taking the T20 side on his own.
There there fanboi.
Some think there are better candidates like Dizzy. He's actually won stuff, and in England too.
Langer can actually develop and improve young cricketers, something a Bushranger fanboy would be totally unfamiliar with!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suck it up champ it's just a bit of fun, and hey at least I don't around sharing pictures of other BF posters without their permission.
That’s a lie a you already know that.
Says a lot that you’d go there.

Cop out

Don’t get me wrong, I like Langer, I even think he’ll make a good coach

But someone else was needed - something else. Real cultural change will never happen with the same old lineages.

If only Mickey Arthur hadn’t been tried and burned before.
I don't get this view; he changed a pretty shitty culture at WA.

Sorry, I’ll try to explain it better.

Real cultural change will never happen with the same old lineages.

When Langer took over as WA coach you probably were saying he was too similar to Tom Moody to change anything.

Quality person with vast experience in successful teams over the world who will drive discipline. I like Ponting and Gillespie, but Langer was the clear call to be made.

Cop out

Don’t get me wrong, I like Langer, I even think he’ll make a good coach

But someone else was needed - something else. Real cultural change will never happen with the same old lineages.

No-one else was needed. Very happy with Langer.

"Cop out"? Who did you want, anyone but an Aussie?

Back