Conspiracy Theory If man never went to the moon...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
... then how do you explain Apollo 13? This is the expedition that nearly ended in disaster, with an oxygen tank blowing out of the ship, meaning they vented oxygen into space, so they had to land the lunar module back on earth, after all sort of issues with oxygen, etc.

Now, if man never landed on the moon, then Apollo 13 has to have been a hoax, too. So, are CT'ers who believe the "no man landing" theory honestly suggesting that the entirety of Apollo 13, including all the live coverage of the lunar module crashing back into the ocean, all the days of engineers working on a fix for oxygen cannisters - that all of this was an elaborate ruse to keep the fake space program going, to stay one step ahead of the Russians?

Is this really what some believe?

• Banned
I would love to see coverage of this, do you have a link?

Not as I sit here on my phone but I saw the footage on a doco yesterday. Footage of the pilots, of the engineers etc, of the landing in the sea, of the wrecked ship, of the astronauts getting out and waving, etc.

Not as I sit here on my phone but I saw the footage on a doco yesterday. Footage of the pilots, of the engineers etc, of the landing in the sea, of the wrecked ship, of the astronauts getting out and waving, etc.
I see maybe it was the command module? The lunar module was coming back with a nuclear power supply intended to remain on the moon powering experiments. It was put into the Marianas Trench (I think)

The US went to the moon five times (six if you count the Apollo 13 flyby). Why would they fake it FIVE times? Of all the conspiracy theories out there, this is one of the silliest.

The US went to the moon five times (six if you count the Apollo 13 flyby). Why would they fake it FIVE times? Of all the conspiracy theories out there, this is one of the silliest.
Why would they fake so many terrorist attacks?

Obviously this wasn't fake but that argument isn't a good one

Why would they fake so many terrorist attacks?

Obviously this wasn't fake but that argument isn't a good one
Something as difficult to fake as a moon landing, with the whole world (including your biggest enemies who would LOVE to expose you) watching your evey move. If by some miracle, all the pieces fit, and you managed to pull it off for Apollo 11, you would then risk exposing the hoax another 5 times??

Why??

The "conspiracy" falls down at this very first hurdle.

And deary me - which terrorist attacks were "faked"?

After the Apollo 11 hoax the remaining 10 'moonwalkers' said they would expose the conspiracy if they didn't get the prestige of having the world think they went to the moon. Apollo 13s earth orbit flight had technical failures.

EDIT: I don't actually believe the moonlandings were fake.

Last edited:
Something as difficult to fake as a moon landing, with the whole world (including your biggest enemies who would LOVE to expose you) watching your evey move. If by some miracle, all the pieces fit, and you managed to pull it off for Apollo 11, you would then risk exposing the hoax another 5 times??

Why??

The "conspiracy" falls down at this very first hurdle.

And deary me - which terrorist attacks were "faked"?
Doing it only once will just make it all the more suspicious

As in fake the fact that it had been done by a terrorist/someone wishing to induce terror

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you sure you weren't watching an episode of "I dream of Jeannie"?

You would imagine the Russians would know that they never went to the moon, and maybe, just maybe they would have let the cat out of the bag.

That's always confused me as well, its not like they just tuned in a radio to receive the signals back from the missions. It all had to be triangulated and receivers pointed in the right direction. So we're left with either:

A world wide conspiracy where Russia, China and a whole bunch of other countries all agreed to set America up as the all conquering space heroes... and this has never leaked in any meaningful way in the almost 50 years since. Or America sent an empty vehicle on the round trip sending back recordings for some bizarre and unkown reason and again no one talks.

Considering humans were the least expensive part of the whole thing I honestly just find it more believable that they managed to send 3 guys on a 1.5million km round trip in a tin can and got lucky enough that everything held together long enough for them to get back.

It's pretty convincing at 10 mins 45s. Plus the 911 stuff is interesting.

That is, without doubt, the greatest load of confirmation bias bullshit I have ever seen, and that's saying something.

little graham or Smiling Buddha - one of you started a thread recently talking about cognitive dissonance. Well, if the quoted isn't the most obscene, ridiculous example of confirmation bias (a form of dissonance) then I'm the ******* tooth fairy.

You know how many things look like the pattern in that carpet???? FFS... here's a few they could've chosen: an a-bomb mushroom cloud, a penis, an airport tower, a water tower, an antennae, many, many vegetables.

But now, it's a "launch pad" and the boy "symbolizes Kubrick, sitting on a launch pad".

This is a mental illness, it really is.

... then how do you explain Apollo 13? This is the expedition that nearly ended in disaster, with an oxygen tank blowing out of the ship, meaning they vented oxygen into space, so they had to land the lunar module back on earth, after all sort of issues with oxygen, etc.

Now, if man never landed on the moon, then Apollo 13 has to have been a hoax, too. So, are CT'ers who believe the "no man landing" theory honestly suggesting that the entirety of Apollo 13, including all the live coverage of the lunar module crashing back into the ocean, all the days of engineers working on a fix for oxygen cannisters - that all of this was an elaborate ruse to keep the fake space program going, to stay one step ahead of the Russians?

Is this really what some believe?
Absolutely.

By that time the heroic astronaut was a dud story. So, the story of heroic engineers was conceived. Through being in an open democratic capitalist country which encourages ingenuity and creative thinking they were able to do things the Ruskis wouldn't able to do in their centralised, communist system and produce unplanned genius to save said (no longer a story in their own right) heroic astronauts.

Or something like that I guess. There are enough things where there are genuine deceptions of the public. I fail to see why things like this and UFOs take up so much of people's time. They are among the most baseless conspiracy theories.

In the Shadow of the Moon, perhaps the best documentary about the landings. Hopefully this is a little more palatable.

Nope. Every single one of them held up a lie for decades upon decades, just for their own "prestige", as did thousands upon thousands of others, little office clerks and engineers and coffee boys, they all for decades have kept the lie, without a single one of them betraying it. Isn't that right, CT'ers?

Smiling Buddha you seem to think the onus of proof is on the public to disprove the conspiracy, rather than prove it. Like the conspiracy theory itself, this goes against all logic.

I didn't watch that first video before but that really is mind numbly stupid.

The twin towers image is 'hidden' in the movie? The twin towers was such an iconic image of the New York skyline that they were in just about every movie, TV shot, computer game, postcard or T-shirt whenever anyone wanted to quickly say 'Hey we're in New York'

The TV window is a pretty common sci-fi idea and i reckon 9 of 10 directors would have chosen a New York skyline shot for that scene .... but **** me I gotta say that I wasn't completely sold until the video clarified that:

"In the entire three part series of Back to the Future there is only one cameo ever made by an upside down human being" (5:40min)

Seriously only one!

o_O

Smiling Buddha you seem to think the onus of proof is on the public to disprove the conspiracy, rather than prove it. Like the conspiracy theory itself, this goes against all logic.
What proof have NASA offered to convince you that they sent men to the moon?

They are the ones making the outrageous claims, they are the ones who should have to provide evidence.

I suspect that you are one of those guys who is/was a 'science geek', the moon landings are a huge thing for you, something you take pride in.

Sorry, friend, but they never happened. You were lied to. And the people in charge find gullible fools like you rather amusing. They laugh at you.

What proof have NASA offered to convince you that they sent men to the moon?

They are the ones making the outrageous claims, they are the ones who should have to provide evidence.

I suspect that you are one of those guys who is/was a 'science geek', the moon landings are a huge thing for you, something you take pride in.

Sorry, friend, but they never happened. You were lied to. And the people in charge find gullible fools like you rather amusing. They laugh at you.

Lol... No, your suspicions are again incorrect. I was not, and am not now, a science geek. The moon landings I can take or leave as far as legitimacy, but I am a fan of reason and truth, and one of the tools to discover truth is logic. You're lacking in it.

The evidence that they did go is so overwhelming, that to legitimately believe they did not go is, IMO, the sign of a person with mental illness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back