Conspiracy Theory If man never went to the moon...

Remove this Banner Ad

Its gotten so hard in this thread to know who's arguing what, are you asking for our favourite videos that show we did or didn't go to the moon?

And I agree with what may or may not be your second point, I find it hard to believe that adults could watch that video and not pick that its been sped up and doctored to try and support a particular point of view.

We'd be hearing about it more. No one can keep a bloody secret

Bingo

If America did fake the moon landing then why didnt the Russians blow the whistle on that during the Cold War? They hated the Yanks and had no reason to keep their secret.

Last edited:
how would that be in their interests?

Undermine America's credibility? They hated each other with a passion, taking down your enemy publicly and exposing their achievement as a fake would be a big win for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense to me why the Russians wouldn't say s**t.

Out of all the conspiracy theories out there the moon landing hoax is one I would have no dramas betting my left testicle on being true.

Makes sense to me why the Russians wouldn't say s**t.

Why exactly?

I could easily believe the Yanks would try fake it, but the Russians never attempting to discredit it when it occurred at the height of an ideological cold war - a key plank of which was the space race that both had invested a fortune in to try win - is one of the biggest indicators to me it might have been legit.

Not just Russians either lots of independent tracking (or NASA plants depending on your view point). UK, Germany, Spain I think... Something went to the moon and back during the Apollo missions and that's where the radio and video footage was sent from. Only question can be imo were people on board.

I'm not sure why failed launches from 1960 are relevant. You have to crawl before you can run.

Clinton’s statement could be taken to mean “stuff can be faked on TV” or “the moon landing was faked”. We now know the former is true, but did many people know that in 1969 (before CGI was invented)? I say probably not.

I presume the astronauts meant they can’t leave low orbit in the space station. The space shuttle wasn’t designed to fly further out either. I seriously doubt they were told in their astronaut induction that the moon landing was faked :rolleyes:

The radiation belts are a hazard if you spend a long time in them. The electronics in Orion are much smaller than Apollo, would be more vulnerable to particle radiation, and must first be tested on an unmanned flight. Every new flying machine faces years of testing before being accepted. Look at the F-35! :oops:

Heating/cooling - if people can walk barefoot on hot coals, I'm sure they can survive in a space suit on the moon. There's no hot air to heat them up either, just sunlight, and the moon is roughly the same distance from the sun. It wouldn't be much worse than a hot day on Earth.

Obviously photos can be faked (and maybe some were), but I'll leave most of the photo explanations to www.clavius.org

I will point out that daytime on the moon would be like a sunny day on Earth. It’s not dark indoors and objects in the shade are easily visible. The moon's surface is bright and light scatters in the same way. There's nothing wrong with the pictures.

There are plenty of examples of shadows not being parallel in the daytime - you can find them! If there were two light sources, each object would have two shadows. At a night game at Adelaide oval, each person on the field has four shadows. I've never seen a moon photo with multiple shadows from one object. IF YOU FIND ONE, PLEASE POST IT!!!

Nothing in the video footage shows they are in low orbit (the extended video proves this), but I like the part where she says it's uncannily convincing! At 35:30, the window pane is blocking the Earth, not the astronaut’s arm. The window is visibly squarish. The bright yellow light flooding in is obviously sunlight.

You can find similar footage from other Apollo missions (check out lunarmodule5 playlists):

Earth filmed by Apollo 10 from 13:25 to 24:40 and 36:10 to 41:00 (plus some zero gravity footage in between). Spacecraft must travel at >7 km/s in low orbit, but the Earth looks almost the same throughout. They are in deep space.

Why haven't they gone back? Each Saturn V launch used up a massive rocket and cost $1.2b in today’s money. Once they deployed instruments and collected moon rocks, the next step would have been to build a base. But NASA suffered budget cuts after 1969. There was no money for a moon base, so they moved on to space stations and the re-usable space shuttle.

But there is always money for new weapons. And funding dodgy militants and regimes :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back