bluey17

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
If North can't knock of the Premiers with out Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Embley, Hansen, Wirrpanda, Nicoski, Butler etc

Are they pretenders that are simply overachieving atm?

Or will it just show that the WCE are far and away the best team in the competition with depth other teams can only dream of.

Thoughts?

If North can't knock of the Premiers with out Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Embley, Hansen, Wirrpanda, Nicoski, Butler etc

Are they pretenders that are simply overachieving atm?

Or will it just show that the WCE are far and away the best team in the competition with depth other teams can only dream of.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you are getting your excuses in early as you have a Kangas mate at work and you are secretly shitting your pants.

Pretenders is a harsh term to use. But I suspect they are over-acheiving at the moment and really should be able to account for WC.

6 in a row would suggest that if we are prentenders, we are very, very good at it.

If we win are we contenders? It will be the longest streak of the year and we will have beaten both of last years Grand Finalist plus the second favorite for this year's flag.

And we will play without our two best players from last year.

My thoughts are that you are getting your excuses in early as you have a Kangas mate at work and you are secretly shitting your pants.

No way, I think we'll account for them even though we're missing more talent than their list could dream of

If this match was in Melbourne/Carrara and we lost I'd be pretty disappointed. But because it's in WA I wouldn't be too disappointed if we had a narrow loss as long as we show some good signs.

No way, I think we'll account for them even though we're missing more talent than their list could dream of

The dream is becoming reality - see McIntosh, Wells, Smith, Swallow, etc

Pretenders?
Many tipped them for the spoon at the start of the year, they have done bloody fantastic so far, but nobody not even North supporters would think they are contenders just this year.

The dream is becoming reality - see McIntosh, Wells, Smith, Swallow, etc

I just don't dig Wells at all.

I haven't seen much of him this year - so he may have stepped up - but never struck me as the sort to be a dominant midfielder like a black, judd, ricciutto etc

I just don't dig Wells at all.

I haven't seen much of him this year - so he may have stepped up - but never struck me as the sort to be a dominant midfielder like a black, judd, ricciutto etc

Watch rds 2-6.
Consistent, hard working and class with every possession.
Averaged 23 possessions (used every one) and 1.5 goals a game. Led the league in inside 50s.

And he easily has another gear. A gear that we will see often and will see him rip teams apart over the next few years.

He will be a top 10 AFL player. I am certain of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No such thing as over achieving playing to your full potential yes. Of course the Eagles are the best team in the league , no doubt. North being pretenders, irrelevant at this stage you only use that term later in the year ie Collingwood.

North wouldn't be pretenders if freo knocked em off at Subi. It is very hard for any team which isn't from W.A to win at Subi.

That was a stupid statement/question to bigfooty members

seriously some people are morons. lets not forget that the kangas were supposed to be wooden spooners and west coast premiers. now all of a sudden "the kangas should account for west coast or they are 'pretenders'" ? even without judd, kerr, cousins and embley the eagles are a powerhouse, and subiaco will always be a fortress for any opposition no matter how underdone west coast is.

Care to elaborate?

i think he's saying your a tool

kerr, cuzz and judd have only themselves to blame for missing footy.

and you just lost to the hawks so your depth that you so highly speak of clearly wasn't good enough to get you up.

hopefully judd plays and dominates so when we win you can climb under a rock and not spit out this poo that dribbles out of your mouth and onto your chin.

Roo's supporters getting very personal

Scared that they're finally going to be shown up against the Eagles B-Team

Subi is such a fortress waaa waaa no excuses made for eagles when the lose interstate, yet victorian teams continue to doubt themselves because they have to hop onto a plane, soft

i think he's saying your a tool

kerr, cuzz and judd have only themselves to blame for missing footy.

and you just lost to the hawks so your depth that you so highly speak of clearly wasn't good enough to get you up.

hopefully judd plays and dominates so when we win you can climb under a rock and not spit out this poo that dribbles out of your mouth and onto your chin.

:D hahaha - Nice Flame.

you've won how many in a row? yet you still hide behind the fact that some fools thought you'd win the spoon? bloody soft if you ask me

Subi is such a fortress waaa waaa no excuses made for eagles when the lose interstate, yet victorian teams continue to doubt themselves because they have to hop onto a plane, soft

Shown up for what?

We have been/had been tipped to win the wooden spoon this year by many people. Every game we get into our youngsters is great; every game that we we win whilst getting games and experiance into our youngsters is even better.

ur calling me a sook for saying that your team is still hard to beat, at home, even without its 4 best players? no north doesnt doubt itself when it comes to travelling because we do it better than any other vic team. pardon me for trying to show ur mob some respect :thumbsdown:

We are not contenders this year but if everyone falls over this year then we could pose problems for teams given we have a fair bit of quality on our list in terms of younger players. A team needs to bring out a pretty good game or an exceptional quarter of football to beat us. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back