Coach If not Simpson, then WHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t care less about the names for me it’s someone who fits the mould.

Need an assistant that isn’t soft first and foremost.

They need to set expectations and standards and drive the playing group to be accountable.

He also should be part of at least one, if not two successful tenures with three or more clubs. And have 12 years of experience.

Just found this thread have always thought Chris Newman has looked the best candidate but it looks like he will be getting the Richmond job, wouldn’t mind the Don Pyke Dean Cox duo coming over aswell.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Animated GIF

Not a fan of Schofield. Despite the injuries our midfield, it looks worse under him with set-ups, players used etc. I think he is overrated. Don't want Graham either as he looks softer than Simpson. Doesn't inspire any confidence. We've had enough of the nice mantra. Need someone who is prepared to bring a new, hard brand of footy. We've been too soft for too long. Don't mind Pyke but think a management role might be bettter.

Who indeed?
When you think of it, Simmo has been through hell and back - howzat for strength+conditioning experience!?
Unlike any other coach in recent times. This guy has genuine mettle (metal)!
His game plan seems to work with the right cattle combo onboard..
In one sense he's done the hard yards, let him finish the job, he's more than capable with a healthy list.
(just viewing it from the flipside)

We have reached a point now where it doesn’t matter who. We’re now in “anyone but Simpson” territory and the game on the weekend adds weight to this.

The worst outcome for senior players is a new coach comes in with expectations that everyone earns their spot on form and merit each week.

Simpson has bred a culture of entitlement and selfishness among senior players.

I am not surprised that each of them played like their families were held hostage on the weekend.

They’re rational actors and they understand they’ll never have it so good while being required to offer so little under a new coach.

Funny how so many people on this site want Simmo gone, but The West Australian today has an article where they say "the majority of supporters back Simpson" and supply a heap of quotes.

Not really funny, as the West Australian is a complete rag tabloid who wouldn't know journalism if it bit them in the arse

Funny how so many people on this site want Simmo gone, but The West Australian today has an article where they say "the majority of supporters back Simpson" and supply a heap of quotes.

Not really funny, as the West Australian is a complete rag tabloid who wouldn't know journalism if it bit them in the arse

I assume they’ve gone to Facebook, which is largely made up of the sort of fans that sing the club song on the flight home from a 116-point thrashing.

I wonder what the result of an independent poll of members would be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've almost come full circle.

Last couple of years I have been increasingly disenfranchised and I have been blasting Simmo.

This year I feel like he has shown really good signs of changing his ways and adapting but the cattle have simply not been there.

The guy has some real steel to him and has just about won me back over.

I wouldn't be signing any extensions but I'm all for letting 2024 play out if Simmo is up for it.

I assume they’ve gone to Facebook, which is largely made up of the sort of fans that sing the club song on the flight home from a 116-point thrashing.

I wonder what the result of an independent poll of members would be?

Anecdotally, I've been surprised by how supportive most of my West Coast nuffie friends and family have been.

If anything, I'm the most negative and I think he should stay another year.

I mean we applauded after losing to St Kilda at home, so maybe that shouldn't be so surprising.

I've almost come full circle.

Last couple of years I have been increasingly disenfranchised and I have been blasting Simmo.

This year I feel like he has shown really good signs of changing his ways and adapting but the cattle have simply not been there.

The guy has some real steel to him and has just about won me back over.

I wouldn't be signing any extensions but I'm all for letting 2024 play out if Simmo is up for it.

I feel basically the same.

2020 and 2021 he was coaching poorly. Lame messaging, selection, motivation and a failure to adapt to the stand rule. 2022 was basically a mulligan.

In 2023 he's been quite creative and I'm a big fan of the game plan.

The results had largely been understandable until that Freo game, where we completely checked out - and that has to fall on Simpson. So I understand the board angst.

I would like to see what we look like next year with better availability before sacking him. 🤷‍♂️

I think fans are relatively forgiving given the circumstances of the season, in contrast to the rabid baying of the media. Assuming the medical and conditioning teams get the ass, I'm willing to give Simmo the benefit of the doubt into next year. I've no idea how I'd motivate a team to get up for a win this late in the season after the shitshow that has been, and if flu is doing the rounds it'd be compounded. I think this week will be very interesting - but unfortunate that we'll lose barometers in Yeo and McGovern.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bux... a proper hard campaigner which we really need. Bust the purple circle wide open and hold every player accountable for their performances. No more credits in the bank

Can Chris Scott be poached out of Geelong? Now would be a good time for him to move along considering where their list is at

Keep Simpson on a renegotiated salary with a year extension if needed. Pay more to bring in better people around him and the football department.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Still this.

1. Fix strength and conditioning.
2. Fix list management. Change has started.
3. Improve depth in the coaching department.
4. Replace Nesbitt and foster merit based leadership pathways within the club (coaching & admin).

Then replace Simpson.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back