Coach If not Simpson, then WHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If not Simmo then I'd like to see Don Pyke coaching West Coast. He did a pretty good job at Adelaide which ended due to the after effects of their camp which I don't really think was his fault. If they want to have a fresh face who hasn't been a head coach at AFL level I'd like to see someone like Jaymie Graham.

As a Subiaco supporter I wouldn't mind Jarrad Schofield coaching, however since he's joined the club our performances, in particular the midfield/stoppage (his area) has not been great so that might hurt his chances.

As for Josh Carr, keep that flog away from our club.

Last edited:
The best thing Josh Carr has done in his life is get beaten up by Ricciutto in a pub parking lot. Besides that fond memory he can GTFO.

Josh Carr? You've got to be ******* kidding me.

This is the Eagles board right? * me.

It will never be Josh Carr.

I would prefer Jack Ginnivan to retire and become a head coach than us to take Carr

As others have mentioned, Schofield has a track record of success and would be a likely candidate.

The other potential coach I’d be interested in is Jaymie Graham.

Many people seem slightly unenthusiastic about the idea of Graham appointment, but I think he is a senior coach in waiting similar to McRae or even Simmo before being appointed coach at West Coast.

For those who have reservations about Graham I suggest you read this piece written by Jake Niall from when Collingwood were looking for a coach to succeed Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we choose to keep Simmo to the contract and wait till 2025 to cut the cord who would be available then compared to now?

My main concern with Schoey is he runs stoppages and we are s**t at them.
We don't really have the players for it though.

Shuey - Perma-injured/retiring

Kelly - Outside player who's had to adapt his game to be more inside

Yeo - See Shuey, sans retirement.

Gaff/Sheed - Lol

Hewett & Ginbey - First years who look solid and will get better over time but need experience.

Petch - His move into the stoppages has actually been a masterstroke, so we'll see what kind of impact he has this weekend.

BWilliams - Been very good at getting clearances most of the year but tapered off the past few games

If we choose to keep Simmo to the contract and wait till 2025 to cut the cord who would be available then compared to now?

20191206001436464786-original-scaled.jpg

None of those options were overly tempting, but I don't know heaps in this space.

What I do know is we need new voices all together, so Schofield for mine just can't be the snr coach. Happy for him to stay on, but would love to see new thoughts, ideas come in.

If we kept Simpson for the last year of the contract, I wouldn't cry either. With his sole focus on developing the young list.

Surely we keep Simpson for another year.

If he wants to take the heat for another 12 months let him. A new coach is on a hiding to nothing and the cost of paying out Simmo could be severe if he doesn't choose to walk.

Our list is dire and if I stretch my mind back to the first 3 rounds before half our blokes died in the derby we looked...ok.

I'm in the keep Simpson for a year camp and reassess after.

Nathan Van Berlo is someone i'd look at potentially next year.

Did very well with us during his time here. Now coaching at Adelaide who have nearly the best game plan in the league imo.

Suggest you speak to anyone who was at East Perth when he was coach and you will say it’s anyone but Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Interesting, yeah cant I say I know him personally! Which si always a risk putting a bold statement out there, but I do like his story.

Can I ask what the issues were?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back