Oppo Camp If not the Cats, which team would you like to win the flag?

Apart from the Cats - who for the 2012 Flag would be most palatable?

• Collingwood (without a forward line... should get Bucks out for a run)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Coast Toolies *sniff*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My first football memory is the 1989 Grand Final. I was 6. Somehow at that age I managed not to fill my huggies about the Hawks. Sorry.
Funnily enough my first football memory was the 1995 Grand Final, at the age of 5 I didn't go for anyone, but I knew I didn't like the Blues.

Call me a sadist my Cats brethren but I am hoping for Hawks vs Cats big dance. Not because "we will get you this time" or "wouldn't it be nice to send the Cats fans into melt down by beating them in the the GF again and ruinung another back to back" but because a Hawks vs Cats game in general means the following -
1. Cats NEVER give up
2. Hawks can run down any margin so you can never feel safe
3. Grand Final history again (Even 08 was close and anybodies game until 5 or so into the last)
4. Cats vs Hawks games just remind me of what footy can be like.
5. We have one of the BEST rivalries of the last 5 years. Forget Dreamtime and Anzac Day. Hawks vs Cats sh*t all over them as far as game quality and genuine dislike, respect for the opposition.

I understood it was a joke. I just reject the premise that the joke relies upon.
If the premise (statement that will justify a conclusion) was you getting a red card, then I do not wish you to get a red card, I was making a joke. But you obviously get that.

**** I hope the Hawks don't get up. Considering how good we've been for 6 years it would be a joke for them to win one when we epicly choke and then pick up another where the best team will be the worst in living memory. Suddenly we've got 3 from our era and they've got 2 and it looks like they're almost as good as us. That would leave a massively sour taste in the mouth.

I'd prefer not Collingwood either for the same reason although at least Collingwood were a very, very good team last year and were the best team when they won in 2010.

I wouldn't hold a grudge against any of the others though. Probably North would be the one I'd want to win the most.

It's a lock. 2012 premiership is ours.

I like/respect Sydney the most, but if forced to pick another team to win the flag it would be Freo, mainly because if any of the other teams win they will match or surpass our 3 AFL-era flags ... is that right ? anyway, that's my angle ;)

To be truthfull if we cant win it then my sentiments range from , not giving a continental to hoping the comp is called off. Over all Id prefer a club like the Dogs to win one , let the long suffering supporters get to feel what we have experienced.
But for the 7 others this year.... maybe Freo only cause it would grate on WC supporters over in the West

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your poll, should said north easiest draw since kindergarten as well.

their were drawn to play GC,GWS,BULLDOGS twice.

this is even more unfair than our fixture because their finished 9th last year compared to us 14th.

Call me petty but Id love a Hawthorn/Collingwood GF just to enjoy the meltdown of the loser.

Otherwise North because I like them or Freo because WA might well self combust and that would also amuse me.

Schadenfreude is my middle name.

I hate none of them, but this question is a bit like asking, "If the sun doesn't rise in the east tomorrow, what direction would you like it to come from?" I seriously believe that this season has been coached to perfection, and that we have been building slowly, steadily & stealthily (but utterly inexorably) towards what will be perceived in years to come as yet another inevitable triumph of the greatest team to ever stride across the landscape of Australian sport.

But in a fantasy land, I'd probably opt for the other blue and white team coached by a Scott. I'm from Adelaide originally & love Sando & Dash, but their supporters are a major disappointment. I live in Sydney, but they are a pampered precious lot here. And Freo, although the ultimate underdog & underachiever, were, are, and will always be a mob of snipers & goons.

I'll watch & enjoy whoever plays in the Australian Fantasy Land GF, but will do so knowing that they will lack the sheer class, panache & pure flamboyence of the Geelong Football Club in full flight.

Back to the OP, I respect Sydney because besides Goodes they don't have any top flight champions, but together they are a very good team (and seem to generate a good culture). However, I voted for Adelaide because of Sando and Dasher's service to our club.

Back