• Cats

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Lions

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Suns

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Giants

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I might watch, but I'd be neutral forever!

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I followed The Bears in League as a kid because they were my local team. Locality is key.

Starting from scratch it would be GWS.

But you don't start from scratch. That's not how passion works.

The Bears folded. I do not watch or care about that game anymore. Literally didn't even know SOO was on the telly this week.

That code is dead to me.

After now investing 26 or so years in the Swans, and AR achieving primacy as the greatest sport in the world in my mind, I'm just not sure what my reaction would be. But it wouldn't be good.

Absolutely spot on.
I too was a Bears fan and RL can GAGF after the disgraceful murder of our Club.

Have attended 2 games only as a Corporate Guest and watched 0 of either game, just ate and sank free grog before heading out to cause more mischief and mayhem.

Absolutely spot on.
I too was a Bears fan and RL can GAGF after the disgraceful murder of our Club.

Have attended 2 games only as a Corporate Guest and watched 0 of either game, just ate and sank free grog before heading out to cause more mischief and mayhem.

Yep. There's a reason I give the AFL Commission no quarter. If a club doesn't pursue its rights it can be fatal.

Secret Harbour Dockers. Would never support another team in the afl, would always watch it and hope certain teams always lost but would never support another team.

I followed The Bears in League as a kid because they were my local team. Locality is key.

Starting from scratch it would be GWS.

But you don't start from scratch. That's not how passion works.

The Bears folded. I do not watch or care about that game anymore. Literally didn't even know SOO was on the telly this week.

That code is dead to me.

After now investing 26 or so years in the Swans, and AR achieving primacy as the greatest sport in the world in my mind, I'm just not sure what my reaction would be. But it wouldn't be good.

That's what the last option is =)

See how many people still pick Giants if they beat us by 5 goals, Johnson punches McVeigh in the groin again and Greene punches Papley in the face.

Scum team. If I lived in Sydney I would give up the code rather than jump on that bandwagon.

Ah, the good old North Sydney Bears. Never known a team more skilled at snatching a loss from the jaws of a win

It was almost elevated to an art form by the Bears

Still nothing better than sinking beers under the Moreton Bay Fig watching a half time lead disappear only to see a game winning try by the oppo 3 seconds from full time.

Good times

North.

lol, just kidding. I doubt I'd have a strong interest in AFL for a while if it happened but probably Richmond because they have passionate supporters, haven't had recent success and probably won't fold in my life time.

If not them then probably Melbourne or Brisbane.

Fitzroy Football Club!
They were my second favourite team when we were sent to Sydney & so I always enjoyed watching them. They had some serious talent.
Not interested in anyone else. I despise GWS & don't understand dual membership!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Carlton. My uncle got me into watching football as he is an old Navy Blue from way back. I then realised there was a better way, but I still have a soft spot for the Blues.

I've always liked Brisbane, especially since their three-peat team. That group are easily the best team i've ever seen play footy.

But i've always liked the way Adelaide have gone about it. They're a lot like us in terms of being a well run club for years now, just go about their business of being generally pretty successful. Plus it would mean i'd get to enjoy beating Port Adelaide scum every year

Brisbane for me. That three peat team was unbelievable.... even if Akermanis was/is a goose

I also seriously rated and respected Jonathon Brown and Simon Black. Both tough as teak, always gave 100%, stayed loyal when the team around them was crumbling. Seemed like quality people off the field too.

Nigel Lappin was the under rated one IMO. He was the most skilled of the lot just was more outside than inside mid so didn't get the love Voss, Black etc got

I've said it on here before - Essendon would be my second team.

From loving Kickett & Wanganeen as a kid to Joe Daniher, Hep and Walla now. My best mate is a Dons supporter and he's been an adopted Swan supporter for as long as I've known him too.

That 2000 season stick sticks out to me as well. At the time it was simply incredible to me that a team could be so dominant... *shakes head* Then there was that amazing Lions team, then that Cats side, then Hawks.

I don't think I'd be able to emotionally invest myself in another team to gain satisfaction from seeing them win.

For a while I'd likely be neutral for a while and only take interest in how former players go continuing their careers elsewhere.

Down the track, following a new expansion side from the ground up may pique my interest but that would be dependent on what people are involved in the formation.

Well technically the Swans are my second team courtesy of living in Sydney for 16 years and being starved of live footy.

So I had to pick the Demons in the poll.

Tedeski - dual membership works for me due to proximity and my wife being a Swans member.

Sorry Ponsdale!
I should have stressed dual Sydney team memberships.
I don't get having a GWS AND a Sydney Swans membership but that's me mate. What do I know?:)

Back