Remove this Banner Ad

Qsaint

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 6, 2004
Brisvegas
AFL Club
St Kilda
What are the 90% of posters who are extremely negative of America going to do.............

When he asks Australia for a massive increase in troops for Afghanistan.........................

What are the 90% of posters who are extremely negative of America going to do.............

When he asks Australia for a massive increase in troops for Afghanistan.........................

I will judge Obama based on his actions. If he is elected i will like him but if he asks for more troops from Australia then i will rapidly move from liking to disliking him.

Unless your in his inner circle this is a BS thread

Support it on the condition that they dont continue the failed tactics of trying to root out the Taliban at all costs and do more too speed up development of the nation then i see it as a positive.

He'll just be a puppet like every other president in recent memory is.

I'll bet my house that USA will be involved in another war involving Iran and/or Russia within the coming term of presidency, regardless of who is in office.

He'll just be a puppet like every other president in recent memory is.

I'll bet my house that USA will be involved in another war involving Iran and/or Russia within the coming term of presidency, regardless of who is in office.

You think the USA will go to war with another nuclear power????

Put some thought into this post haven't you??:confused::confused:

I've always seen the US as a good nation which makes some bad moves at times. I think overall what the US has done for the world in the 20th century has been positive. As for Afghanistan, I think it's one of Obama's strengths that his foreign policy is balanced, and able to recognize the important battles and ignore the irrelevances. If Obama finds Bin Laden, history will remember him as a man that was able to achieve something his two predecessors tried to do, but failed. And that has to be a good thing.

As for Afghanistan, I think it's one of Obama's strengths that his foreign policy is balanced, and able to recognize the important battles and ignore the irrelevances.

Like his threat to invade Pakistan?

Obama has been lucky that the markets have crashed so badly and that McCain has jurned into a cranky old man which has taken the spotlight off his policies many of which are very, very average.

Obama won't ask for extra troops for Afghanistan. His plan is to remove US troops from Iraq and basically redeploy a fair few of them to Afghanistan.

Pray to god they don't start a war with Russia or Iran. It's quite scary the possibility that we could potentially see an alliance of Russia, Iran and China against the US, and as a result us.

That will be the next world war if there is one, and stuff will just be wiped off the map.

Obama has been lucky that the markets have crashed so badly and that McCain has jurned into a cranky old man which has taken the spotlight off his policies many of which are very, very average.

If you think these are the only two determinants as to why the American public will be voting for Obama then you have your head well and truly stuck in the sand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think these are the only two determinants as to why the American public will be voting for Obama then you have your head well and truly stuck in the sand.

I think you over-estimate the people of the USA.

You only have to look at the mindless sheep chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A" at McCain rallies to understand the general stupidity of the American public, Do they not realise their once proud country is hated by the majority of the world? Do they not realise that they are responsible for the world economic crash? But what the heck, "U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A" :rolleyes:

ALOT of Americans would just think, bad economy = McCain, good economy = Obama

Obama won't ask for extra troops for Afghanistan. His plan is to remove US troops from Iraq and basically redeploy a fair few of them to Afghanistan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/11/02/dl0202.xml

Moreover, the new President will find himself confronting so far intractable foreign policy challenges, such as the belligerence of a soon-to-be-nuclear Iran, the difficulties of trying to achieve peace in the Congo, and of securing victory in Afghanistan.

If he does anything at all about those problems, Mr Obama will disappoint those who voted for him in the expectation that he would end America's use of armed force around the world.

As The Sunday Telegraph reports today, Mr Obama is already preparing to ask Britain to commit an additional 3,000 troops to Afghanistan.

Don't think it ends with the UK he will target the UK and Australia because our troops are the only ones who will go out find,confront and kill the taliban. Australian troops are usually better suited to the terrain as well. So Krudd will have the hard word put on him

There is a reasonable correlation betweens Obamas lead and the markets crashing.
Except at the time, Grandpa was actually in front in the polls by a slim margin following the GOP convention. It was the market crash that plastered Dubya's head all over the telly and immediately negatively effected his standing in the polls for the benefit of Obama.

Christ, you're a ****ing imbecile. Obama didn't threaten to 'invade' Pakistan. How many times does this have to be explained to you? Answer: it doesn't matter how many times, cos you'll keep parroting your moronic talking points.

Yeah, right. It's all about the market crash. Never mind that for all but two brief periods in the last 11 months Obama has had the lead...

Ever thought of running for political office? Why not give everyone else the benefit of your infallibility, you insufferable twat? You could found the Smoot-Hawley Party. That way the sliver of the electorate that wets their pants at the notion of raising the highest marginal tax rates a few points and twists their panties into macrame figurines because they're so very, very scared of a completely fictitious tariff-loving Boogieman get their fair share of political representation.

Golly, I predict such a very bright political future for you.

Steph's back. Hoorah.

Except at the time, Grandpa was actually in front in the polls by a slim margin following the GOP convention. It was the market crash that plastered Dubya's head all over the telly and immediately negatively effected his standing in the polls for the benefit of Obama.
wasn't that just the typical post convention bounce thing though?

and as things were progressing, Obama had momentum at that point anyway?

palin's inadequacies were being publicly exposed (and ridiculed) by that point as well.

Christ, you're a ****ing imbecile. Obama didn't threaten to 'invade' Pakistan. .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2182955.ece

Barack Obama, a leading Democrat candidate in the US presidential race, provoked anger yesterday by threatening to send troops into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists — even without permission from that country’s Government.

Golly, I predict such a very bright political future for you.

Some people have learned lessons from the last depression.

Others stick their heads in the sand.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2182955.ece

Barack Obama, a leading Democrat candidate in the US presidential race, provoked anger yesterday by threatening to send troops into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists — even without permission from that country’s Government.

Sigh. Round and round we go...

Tell me, has the US 'invaded' Pakistan several times in the last two years? Because US forces have crossed the Pakistan border on at least two occasions in that time -- probably more. Were they 'invasions'? If so, how come they happened without anyone realising? Wouldn't this be a big news story?

Maybe that's because it'd be ludicrous to describe it as an 'invasion'?

Some people have learned lessons from the last depression.

Others stick their heads in the sand.

Persuasive.

Surely you're not that silly. That's like something Jumpin Jimmy would say.

He got a massive jump afterwards hence reasonable correlation. If you really want to go further you could even claim polls tightening a bit in the last few days as markets have ralllied.

I am sure you are well aware that correlation and causation are not the same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back