If Port make the Grand Final...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious where has this obsession with getting this jumper worn again come from? Anyone outside SA recognises port as teal black and white.

It’s always been there among the supporters. Some of the administrators along the afl journey thought distancing the club from its roots was the way to go.
Plus Collingwood and AFL making it all too hard with supposed never seen cONtrAcTs.

We have our own identity, we're just not allowed to use it

On a side note, I'm not going to chuck barbs at Eddie and I don't actually think most Collingwood supporters give a sh*t, if you can't differentiate between the two or concerned about branding I wonder how you cope with two small minnow clubs called Liverpool and Manchester United having the same colours in some random league called the EPL.

Cool but this is the AFL why don’t you go try out for the premier league -you’re already half way there with that try hard “never tear us apart” trying to match Liverpool’s “never walk alone”

Yep plenty of tasty Adelaide riffs, I endorse this ripper. Make it happen Kochy.

Ha, there's a name I haven't seen for a while. I remember seeing those campaigners open for someone years and years ago. Can't even remember who it was they opened for but I dug them. Couldn't find any of their stuff online after either

I saw them open for High on Fire so it may have been them. They are still going AFAIK, newer stuff has bit of a different vibe but still cool.

Nah definitely wasn't high on fire... Doomriders maybe.. that seems to ring a bell

Edit: just found it, July 2011 doomriders W/ hydromedusa at enigma..

That's cool that they're still around

You're not special. Richmond can't wear prison bars if they wanted to either.
I think the point is that it is an AFL approved strip for Port Adelaide as they've worn it with AFL approval before.

A bit like St Kilda’s famous premiership photo showing the team wearing the opposition teams colours after a raft of jumper-swaps, Ports potential GF photos would look for all the world like it was Collingwood.

Stick with the teal and build a history around that, I would suggest

Port won and are now on the opposite side of the draw to Collingwood.
The prison bars will cause a clash in the Port v Collingwood Grand Final.

If the Pies make it (as does Port), I'll shave the prison bars front and back and walk naked backwards to the G. And sing Up there Cazaly with Mike Brady (before I'm arrested)

A bit like St Kilda’s famous premiership photo showing the team wearing the opposition teams colours after a raft of jumper-swaps, Ports potential GF photos would look for all the world like it was Collingwood.

Stick with the teal and build a history around that, I would suggest
Ah yes black and white photo's with all their colours. I know I often get confused looking at all those old premiership photos. Well done to Collingwood on winning 70 flags in a row!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they make it they should just wear it regardless of what the AFL/pies say. What are people going to do? Call the cops and have them forcibly remove the jumpers from the players?

Prison bars?

I suppose we have to wait until Collingwood are eliminated tonight, but assuming they are dumped from the finals tonight, why would they not wear the prison bars in the Grand Final.

If the AFL can break with tradition by hosting the decider in a non-footballing state at the most derelict major stadium in the country, then surely it can allow the most successful club in Australia wear its traditional jumper.

I’m all for tradition. I don’t understand why the AFL wouldn’t encourage clubs to embrace it.

I think it would be the right thing to do for a club celebrating 150 years.

Discuss.
Honestly.. what’s wrong with their current home. It uses their traditional black and white with a nice hint of teal. Strong jersey have to say. Leave the prison bars for SANFL and create own history with the AFL home jersey.

You mean your home? Because everyone that I come across in travelling across Aus in the past has nothing but admiration for our club and its history.
I think you'll find most supporters don't give a * about any club that's not theirs.

Ah yes black and white photo's with all their colours. I know I often get confused looking at all those old premiership photos. Well done to Collingwood on winning 70 flags in a row!

Who won this flag then?

1601968649130.png

Who won this flag then?

View attachment 978897
St.Kilda. That's clearly Darrell Baldock.

A bit odd how we're using examples of black and white photos in an era of 4K HD television, and examples of players swapping jersey's post match which hasn't been done for what, over 50 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back