If Richmond beat Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

3 weeks at the G. Book em in to stay there i say. Why catch 6 planes??? Set up base.

Exactly, I agree 100%. Premierships are hard enough to win without inhibiting yourself with constant flying back and forth. Keep them fresh. Sitting on a plane for hours, time over time, will flatten them. Remember when we got trounced by GWS after flying to Adelaide - that was the last time we had double up flights. It wasn't pretty.

1990 we played 4 games in a row in Melbourne.. it ended Vs Essendon in a preliminary final..

Many things have changed since then.. Book them into Melbourne for 3 weeks.

Yes but in the military you swear your allegiance to your country waving all rights to die for her...AFL is a sport and not even close to a young mans/women mindset when joining.
And most people join the military to get weeks away from their fugly annoying useless wives...afl players have hot sexy wives with great personalities and useful skills like predicting weather etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 yr olds signed up war to fight....This generation have become upset at everything.

Spending three weeks away from the comforts of home and family on short notice would probably throw the players out of routine more than back and forth flights.

Naww diddums get a tissue and dry your eyes princess..Professional footy players???

What was that Nic Nat is getting married on grand final day and cant play???? Ive seen s**t like that in Amateurs.

Doesn’t the military rely on strict routine, so much so that some people have trouble readjusting to civilian life?

Posturing aside, everyone is mentally weak in specific ways, and people don’t suddenly turn a weakness into a strength on command.

That is what training & routine are for, right?

Exactly, I agree 100%. Premierships are hard enough to win without inhibiting yourself with constant flying back and forth. Keep them fresh. Sitting on a plane for hours, time over time, will flatten them. Remember when we got trounced by GWS after flying to Adelaide - that was the last time we had double up flights. It wasn't pretty.
In 2017 we kind of struggled all year, was probably one of the slowest teams we've ever had in the finals and the extra time + brutal nature of the Port game probably had way more to do with the blowout than the extra flying.

On a side note I actually still kind of look back fondly on 2017. Watching Collingwood lose the unloseable, beating Adelaide in the last round, Shuey's kick after the siren against Port. The players had probably been living on adrenaline for weeks. Didn't surprise me too much the way it ended.

So many posters here with absolutely no concept of what the life of an elite sportsman is.

A 3,5hr flight won’t flatten you

Living out of a suitcase on a totally different routine will

Unless you’ve experienced it you’ve got no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a few and the names don’t surprise 😛

Remove this Banner Ad

Back