If Richmond beat Brisbane

FIFO Workers Double the Rate of Depression

Looks like all the time away from friends and family works out great...or there are a lot of "petals" and "snowflakes" in the industry to be weeded out. Hazing and job site bullying should help sort the wheat from the chaff.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
In the Malthouse era.
80s to early 90s not much changed. They went from openly eating to hiding it.
Screenshot_20190909-100004_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190909-100017_Chrome.jpg

The argument that they’re improved athletes (which they obviously are) is even more reason to stick to the usual routine.

Back then, footballers were naturally gifted players who maybe lifted some weights and didn’t pay too much attention to the rest. Now, they’re precision instruments that have regimented, non-negotiable routines to fine tune every single element of their preparation.

Even more reason to stick to the routine then charter a flight when the time comes.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
2 n 1 rosters are family friendly.

The 4 n 1s are a killer..

I managed on a 2 n 1 for 2 n half yrs.
I managed on a 3 n 1 for 4 months
I managed on a 4 n 1 for a year.
I managed in my military years.

In my time from all mainly people in the military and 4 n 1 rosters had the problems. Suicide rates are higher.

Now ffs we are talking long term in these jobs..not a 2 n half week holiday in Melbourne.. HTFU.. im sure some of you lot can't even start a lawn mower.

Gaffy Duck

All Australian
May 12, 2019
Fight Club
AFL Club
West Coast
FIFO Workers Double the Rate of Depression

Looks like all the time away from friends and family works out great...or there are a lot of "petals" and "snowflakes" in the industry to be weeded out. Hazing and job site bullying should help sort the wheat from the chaff.

He probably thinks mental illness doesn’t exist I’ve already seen the old faithful just get over it thrown around

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
No Badger...we are going to Melbourne to play Richmond and then Collingwood in the last 2 finals. The 2 least travelled sides in their homes of Melbourne. We need to get an edge on them.

No Badger...we are going to Melbourne to play Richmond and then Collingwood in the last 2 finals. The 2 least travelled sides in their homes of Melbourne. We need to get an edge on them.

They don’t travel. So we’ll get an edge by...not travelling? That’s not an edge mate, that’s breaking even (at the expense of your routine).

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Breaking even is better than being behind in a final series Badger. We are a professional club and im sure in this scenario they will make the best call..
Again when was the last time this exact scenario came about for the WCE????

3 games in a row at the MCG??. If you use 1990 there is no point.

Back