If Rioli and Tom Mitchell stay healthy in 2018......

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep , trading will be difficult for the hawks and there's only one way of getting early draft picks .
Interesting times ...

Multiple Choice Quiz

A. Tanking

B. Wait....then recruit from GWS

C. All of the above

:think:

:)

Honestly, who? Besides Mitchell you've got Shiels who hasn't ever taken that step up and O'Meara who is still a massive question mark (both on durability and how good he can actually be post injury). Add in some older guys who won't play in there full time and some untried kids and to me that looks to be it. Don't think its too far off to have that group in discussions for the worst midfield in the AFL.
Issac Smith.

Hawks might have " the worst midfield " but they still pantsed the * out of your mob on your home deck again for the umpteenth time. Still finished higher than your club. Maybe they'll finish higher again, maybe they won't. In the mean time know they're far superior to Freo and always will be and show some duly deserved respect.

Honestly, who? Besides Mitchell you've got Shiels who hasn't ever taken that step up and O'Meara who is still a massive question mark (both on durability and how good he can actually be post injury). Add in some older guys who won't play in there full time and some untried kids and to me that looks to be it. Don't think its too far off to have that group in discussions for the worst midfield in the AFL.
Shiels, O'Meara and Howe with assistance from Rough, Burgers and Rioli.

Fair that people question whether Howe and O'Meara can live up to it - but I think they can. Shiels has proved himself over many years. Nuff said there.

Depth: Langford, Whitecross, Jono O'Rourke, Hanrahan and Lovell - question marks over these guys too. But to say we don't have anyone is not true.

Who have we lost? Classy players - Lewis, Hodge (mainly from backline rather than midfield anyway) and Sammy M. Also lost Brad Hill. The last one is the one I worry about with Hawthorn - Brad Hill and Smith were a great duo. Not sure we have replaced Brad Hill...

I feel pretty confident that Howe can do enough to deal with the loss of Lewis (yes big call) and JOM is enough to deal with loss of Mitchell given that Tom Mitchell is also there (another big call)

I might be a little silly to say that Burton/Sicily will be our new Burgoyne/Gibson long term but so be it. They're tough, skilled and Sicily's agro will be a plus long term. They can also both turn a game.

Hardwick is our new Guerra with a sprinkling of Hodge.

Hopefully Glass can be our new Birchall when he retires (another big call but I love him already).

so yeah - my main worry is outside run - not insiders.

Killed my DT last week and got a lazy 100 on him in the Charlie. As long as he keeps making me $$$ in player disposals I'm happy.

3 weeks before the season people were ridiculing me for this thread and the hawks. They've been absolutely brilliant and Mitchell in particular. Two best on ground performances and Rioli's pressure has been immense.

Isaac Smith has been all class. The hawks on Monday looked every bit as good as the teams that won 3 straight.

Slicker than Floyd Mayweather.

3 weeks before the season people were ridiculing me for this thread and the hawks. They've been absolutely brilliant and Mitchell in particular. Two best on ground performances and Rioli's pressure has been immense.

Isaac Smith has been all class. The hawks on Monday looked every bit as good as the teams that won 3 straight.

Ok. Not sure if you’re serious now....

Ok. Not sure if you’re serious now....
Im not saying you will win the flag. But your ball nomevemt, pressure and slickness in the clinches was 1st class. You answered the challenge every time and constantly withstood enormous pressure.

Footy as good as I've seen it

Im not saying you will win the flag. But your ball nomevemt, pressure and slickness in the clinches was 1st class. You answered the challenge every time and constantly withstood enormous pressure.

Footy as good as I've seen it

Big question mark over letting you score so easily.

Means nothing. We have high powered offense and many avenues to get the delivery constantly into the forward 50. You scored more, what does that say.

Let's be honest. The umpiring in the final 5-10 minutes was horrendous. Completey favoured us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought on paper Geelongs team looked much better but when the teams lined up on the ground I s**t my pants and thought Hawks team looked way better. Keep Sicily's head screwed on and with limited injuries the Hawks are in for a big year.

Looking forward to this weeks game you blokes are looking good but it will be interesting coming up against ours (tigers) defence compared to the under manned cats last week

Going to be a great midfield battle hopefully we see Mitchell and Dusty go head to head will make for some great footy

Rioli was quiet on Monday but very good vs the Pies. Will take a while to get kids match fit. Won’t see his best til after r5 for mine.

Jaeger is a beast. Similar to Cyril, will take a while to get match fit. When he does, look out.

Looking forward to this weeks game you blokes are looking good but it will be interesting coming up against ours (tigers) defence compared to the under manned cats last week

Going to be a great midfield battle hopefully we see Mitchell and Dusty go head to head will make for some great footy

You tore us to shreds last year. Even without Jack. We are a bit more organised than last year, and your captain seems to be carrying a niggle. We have the ruck advantage. Agree, will be great, just hope it is not a blowout.

Rioli was quiet on Monday but very good vs the Pies. Will take a while to get kids match fit. Won’t see his best til after r5 for mine.

Jaeger is a beast. Similar to Cyril, will take a while to get match fit. When he does, look out.
Yeah, players are still building into the year, getting match fit and getting into the cycle of play, rest, recover, train, do it all again.

The 6 day break we have against Richmond who have a 9 day break, 2 weeks into the season, is pretty unforgivable by the AFL and shouldn't happen.

No, that one game from R1 last year doesn't really mean anything for this season. Just a little jab, because I know how much it must've hurt you Hawthorn supporters to lose that game with all our brave players making their return.

Once again thinking your end-of-season form is the be-all. A lot has changed over the past 5 months. We added Stringer, Smith and Saad and Hawthorn added... well, you brought in Impey...

Yes. Hopefully JOM will help you avoid another straight sets exit, whenever you do happen to make finals again (probably won't be this side of 2020).

What I will say about JOM is that I can't name too many players who played 6 AFL games over the course of 3 years and turned into guns. Good luck to him, but you should really temper your expectations.
Things that make you go hhmmmm.

Not sure why people are questioning Jags. He had a great pre-season, is playing with no strapping and whilst many would say he is more likely than the average football to injure his knee, we saw what happened over the weekend to two fantastically fit young lads.

Jaeger is B+ at the moment and heading to A grade, before returning to Elite. Time to acknowledge it punters.

Not sure why people are questioning Jags. He had a great pre-season, is playing with no strapping and whilst many would say he is more likely than the average football to injure his knee, we saw what happened over the weekend to two fantastically fit young lads.

Jaeger is B+ at the moment and heading to A grade, before returning to Elite. Time to acknowledge it punters.

JOM is the key. We all know Mitchell is an absolute gun, but if we can have JOM hit his top form then the combination of Mitchell and JOM will be immense.

um mitchell very much yes but what drugs are you on with rioli? averaging 10 touches, 0.5 goals and an incredibly low 1.5 tackles a game. if his name wasnt rioli he would be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back