If Shaun Burgoyne does a Josh Carr at some point, would you be willing to take him back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im still pissed how we took back an old crippled Carr. When you have guys like stewart and thomas why did we draft this guy back? dont get me wrong he was a good (maybe great at one stage) player but now he is as slow as a wet wig. The game has clearly passed him but we were smart enough to give him a 2 year contract.

isnt the term "as slow as a wet week"

i truly dont know how slow a wet wig is?

isnt the term "as slow as a wet week"

i truly dont know how slow a wet wig is?
Wet wigs may be soggy and heavy and therefore go slower? But also believe the saying is wet week.

In response to Shaun Burgoyne, you abandoned us, so get f**ked. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is coming back for the right reasons (wanting to help Port win a premiership) then I would still take him back on a one year deal. Would be a walk up start to our first 22. An instant upgrade on Krak (and I am a Krak fan).
Only reason he'd be an upgrade on Krak is that he has the reputation so he would get the ball. If Krak was given good service and was allowed to play in his best position he could be a game-breaker.

Well at end of 2017 he is a free agent so it wont cost us anything. If the rookie list is still open, stick him on there and his job is to assistant coach the kids in the SANFL because given our coaches thats where he would be playing. If he plays 2017 and some of 2018 like he did in 2016 he would be a better choice than some of our players picked in 2016. We are more likely to be a flag contender in 2018 compared to 2017.

I cant see us putting him on the list, but I can see us picking him up as an assistant coach or maybe head coach of the aboriginal academy. He would great mentor for some of the young men - like Gavin and Byron. The family push would be on too as his kids have both set of grandparents in SA. Shaun is like his old man Peter Snr, strongly driven by education so a role with the aboriginal academy would be a good fit.

Well at end of 2017 he is a free agent so it wont cost us anything. If the rookie list is still open, stick him on there and his job is to assistant coach the kids in the SANFL because given our coaches thats where he would be playing. If he plays 2017 and some of 2018 like he did in 2016 he would be a better choice than some of our players picked in 2016. We are more likely to be a flag contender in 2018 compared to 2017.

I cant see us putting him on the list, but I can see us picking him up as an assistant coach or maybe head coach of the aboriginal academy. He would great mentor for some of the young men - like Gavin and Byron. The family push would be on too as his kids have both set of grandparents in SA. Shaun is like his old man Peter Snr, strongly driven by education so a role with the aboriginal academy would be a good fit.
I don't care about the past and Shaun is my favourite player to watch outside of PA. So for these reasons I'd say. YES WE CAN!!!

Coaching role please. Rookie list only if for some reason we wanted a playing assistant coach in the SANFL.

We just drafted four mid kids FFS.

Inb4 straight swap for Aaron Young. Or some such silliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back