List Mgmt. If soldo were fit hypothetical?

Soldo vs Knee

• George

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rioli

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Broad

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Astbury

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Pickett

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • McIntosh

• Other (please specify)

• 'No' soldo in best 22

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
In either the grand final or round 1 upcoming. What you prefer.

It soldo was / would be fit for the games would you have him best 22?

Presumably most would given his more recent games.

If so how does he fit in the current richmond best 22? Useing the grand final side

Nank is miles better in the form that he was this year, i.e uninjured unlike the groins that hampered him the last two years.
With CCJ or Chol, or even Balta at times is more dynamic.

In either the grand final or round 1 upcoming. What you prefer.

It soldo was / would be fit for the games would you have him best 22?

Presumably most would given his more recent games.

If so how does he fit in the current richmond best 22? Useing the grand final side

That is easy.

In 2017 Nank-Grigg ruck setup we win the World Series by a moderate 48.

2020 adjusted for covid time we win the Wold Series by a moderate 39.

In 2018 with Nank-Grigg we lose the PF by 39.

In 2019 with Soldo-Nank making Mummy…..want his own mummy, we are Champions of the Universe by 89 points. 😁😁😁

Play both. Probably Broad is the unfortunate omission.

End of thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Soldos ability to give us first use. He also has a bit of fear factor as he is a big man.
Chol isn't competitive in the ruck as he hates body contact. Balta is too valuable to get a ruck injury. He's a pinch hit ruck at best.
Last time I watched CCJ he was rag dolled against essendon.
Nank and soldo for me

• Banned
I like Soldos ability to give us first use. He also has a bit of fear factor as he is a big man.
Chol isn't competitive in the ruck as he hates body contact. Balta is too valuable to get a ruck injury. He's a pinch hit ruck at best.
Last time I watched CCJ he was rag dolled against essendon.
Nank and soldo for me

So who from the grand final team do you drop? To fit a 2nd ruck

Nank is going to miss a few games this year - big men with some injury history, generally need some regular time off. And I'm fine with that - just make sure he's fit come September.

So this gives the likes of CCJ etc a chance (or quite a few chances) to see if they can cut it. But at the worst we have Soldo, who we know will at least be competetive. I think we will definitely play Soldo if Nank is missing, plus one other. If Nank is fit - it depends on the opposition. We all know he can carry the load on his own if required.

So - if Nank is fit, Soldo is not best 22 (he may play for insurance).
If Nank is missing, Soldo definitely plays.

Broad may be most likely to give way if Soldo does get back. Considering that Caddy, Aarts and Ross are out at the moment, the best 22 is a best 26 at least.

And that's not including Stack, RCD, CCJ or Chol.

Last edited:
Nank is going to miss a few games this year - big men with some injury history, generally need some regular time off. And I'm fine with that - just make sure he's fit come September.

So this gives the likes of CCJ etc a chance (or quite a few chances) to see if they can cut it. But at the worst we have Soldo, who we know will at least be competetive. I think we will definitely play Soldo if Nank is missing, plus one other. If Nank is fit - it depends on the opposition. We all know he can carry the load on his own if required.

Soldo is gone for the year, so CCJ will have to play games, and lots probably. By the time Soldo is back next year, CCJ could be well established.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the whole Soldo as best 22 ruck - he absolutely is.

Is Nank better overall? - Yes.

What Soldo does is he means we are good to very good at tap and centre bounces. He compliments Nank. Soldo dominates contests by using his strength and bulk to our advantage. (Nank is large ruck rover.) Teh 2 together are a fantastic ruck combo.

Can CCJ fill a similar role? No idea. We'll find out.

Do we want to play 2 rucks? I reckon we do. When we play 2 rucks it helps us control the contest and create problems for teams moving the ball against us. But they need to fill certain roles.

Soldo was best 22 prior to the injury. He was also in the 2019 grand final team which pounded gws.

Dimma arguably has shown his preference is for two proper rucks.

Broad was last in iirc, but had an excellent 2020 gf and had been important since returning (?)

Last edited:
big Ivan has a race on his hands
he will want to regain fitness ASAP

If any of CCJ , Mate and Ryan Sampson get a run in the top side
and do well , it could be hard for Ivan to return (yeah I know Mate will be a project player but who knows , he's on the list)

he's in good hands with our fitness guys
he's proven he works hard and can play at level in the ruck

there is the hope that someone like CCJ could go past Ivan due to versatility and being able to pinch hit as a tall forward as well
Ryan Sampson is unknown at this level and Mate Colina a project with enormous upside

Ivan will be nervous , tough gig playing in the AFL

big Ivan has a race on his hands
he will want to regain fitness ASAP

If any of CCJ , Mate and Ryan Sampson get a run in the top side
and do well , it could be hard for Ivan to return (yeah I know Mate will be a project player but who knows , he's on the list)

he's in good hands with our fitness guys
he's proven he works hard and can play at level in the ruck

there is the hope that someone like CCJ could go past Ivan due to versatility and being able to pinch hit as a tall forward as well
Ryan Sampson is unknown at this level and Mate Colina a project with enormous upside

Ivan will be nervous , tough gig playing in the AFL

On the flip side Ivan knows that he can bully most AFL rucks and was starting to round out his game. So he could come back stronger and better. Really interesting to see what CCJ and Sampson do.

The tigers brains trust must really see a competitive ruck division as central to our future success. They are way over investing in it right now (from my point of view).

Or they see that over the next few years they can trade out some young proven rucks for nice returns.

Or both.

Back