If the AFL allowed fans to go to the footy, would you go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, so if no open pubs or bars at the ground but you have the opportunity to be one of a select few due to social distancing, do you attend?
Nah, I’ll watch it on my TV and sink a few IPAs.

Anyone who thinks this virus is beaten is in for a surprise.
Our much vaunted knowledge still hasn't allowed us to destroy the common cold for heaven's sake.
My heart tells me there are more chapters to be written in this story and few of them good.

Anyone who thinks this virus is beaten is in for a surprise.
Our much vaunted knowledge still hasn't allowed us to destroy the common cold for heaven's sake.
My heart tells me there are more chapters to be written in this story and few of them good.
The common cold is a bad example. It can't be destroyed because its not a specific disease. It's just the name we give to a minor immune response from exposure to a huge range of different viruses or bacteria. If they weren't actually tested, covid patients with mild symptoms would have simply caught a cold.

The common cold is a bad example. It can't be destroyed because its not a specific disease. It's just the name we give to a minor immune response from exposure to a huge range of different viruses or bacteria. If they weren't actually tested, covid patients with mild symptoms would have simply caught a cold.
Ok how about Aids, Flu, and the rising tide of infections/viruses that are totally resistant to antibiotics?
Without being didactic about examples covid is another in a long line of such that simply overpowers our capacity to restrict it.
Our approach is wrong - strengthen the immune response - in normal life - never mind about to combat an infection / virus. Better to raise the baseline immune response than to attempt to play catchup as we are doing now.

Ok how about Aids, Flu, and the rising tide of infections/viruses that are totally resistant to antibiotics?
Without being didactic about examples covid is another in a long line of such that simply overpowers our capacity to restrict it.
Our approach is wrong - strengthen the immune response - in normal life - never mind about to combat an infection / virus. Better to raise the baseline immune response than to attempt to play catchup as we are doing now.
Flu vaccines aren't perfect due to influenza mutation causing different strains, but it lessens the condition in both new and old strains. We don't need a perfect vaccine for covid, we just need one that makes the condition less likely to send people to icu units and morgues. Most experts think we'll get there, as there are already heaps that have begun trials and early signs are positive for several of them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back