Rumour If the audio doing the rounds of Tom Morris is accurate his career at fox is over

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I posted earlier about doing a 'deep dive' into people's out of work conversations etc,etc,etc - What I was referring to was that What's App group would have members who either work at Fox Footy or in the AFL industry who in EFFECT have endorsed Morris's comments about Barnard - Any repercussions for this group ?

any of them identifiable from the video / screengrab that was released? no?

how the * are fox footy or anyone else going to know? not everyone is like you and has nothing but work 'friends'

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Beveridge played it well, his humiliation of Morris, he knew the timing. In the end, Beveridge is in a job and tom Morris is not, so Beveridge wins, well played and well said.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
The point that I made and continue to make was around the validity of discussing who you think is attractive or not at your workplace. I also believe it is not out of line to discuss the sexual preferences of people within your workplace. I believe you can have conversations around these two points without dehumanising or degrading.
That I agree with - a conversation in a small group of "she's really attractive", "oh, you're not her type" is absolutely fine.

But, in a large WhatsApp group, "who's this chick?" "great rack" "looks like she'd be bad" "licker licence, and really good at it too" is a million miles from that.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
A woman cannot be expected to work with a man who has drooled over her, outed her sexuality, and talked about her lesbianism in crass, jokey, and degrading terms. Every person deserves a safe workplace and the lady in question would no longer have that safe workplace if Morris continued to work at Fox.
And he did it in response to comments about her breasts and what she might be like in bed.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Beveridge played it well, his humiliation of Morris, he knew the timing. In the end, Beveridge is in a job and tom Morris is not, so Beveridge wins, well played and well said.

I think your giving LB too much credit, I suspect the leak occurred because of the Beveridge incident

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Somewhere in the region of $150K seems about right at Fox Footy. Corporate engagements and other media tie-ins would have been a handy side earner too but he's realistically topping out at early $200Ks.

I think a lot of people are underestimating how hard it will be for him to regain a career in footy media. Tom's mistakes resulted in a massive breach of trust with colleagues and it would have ongoing effects for station sponsor agreements. He's a cautionary tale and has no outside training or skills other than in journalism and broadcasting.

My prediction: at some point in the next couple of years he'll pop up as a media/PR adviser in politics or at a large corporation.

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Somewhere in the region of $150K seems about right at Fox Footy. Corporate engagements and other media tie-ins would have been a handy side earner too but he's realistically topping out at early $200Ks.

I think a lot of people are underestimating how hard it will be for him to regain a career in footy media. Tom's mistakes resulted in a massive breach of trust with colleagues and it would have ongoing effects for station sponsor agreements. He's a cautionary tale and has no outside training or skills other than in journalism and broadcasting.

My prediction: at some point in the next couple of years he'll pop up as a media/PR adviser in politics or at a large corporation.
Didn't Mark Stevens just quit his role as media manager with the Libs? Maybe should apply for that one as a victim of 'wokist cancel culture' or whatever getting called out for being a campaigner is now known as .

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didn't Mark Stevens just quit his role as media manager with the Libs? Maybe should apply for that one as a victim of 'wokist cancel culture' or whatever getting called out for being a campaigner is now known as .

That's the type of gig I was thinking of, yeah. I think Tom's age and connections would make corporate communications advisory more likely.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
No way this bloke was on 150K-200K. Those subscription type channels traditionally pay peanuts for no names. Yes, Gerard, Lyon and co would be on good coin, but would have thought old Timmy boy would be on maybe 100K. Possibly can earn a bit more from side gigs

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
No way this bloke was on 150K-200K. Those subscription type channels traditionally pay peanuts for no names. Yes, Gerard, Lyon and co would be on good coin, but would have thought old Timmy boy would be on maybe 100K. Possibly can earn a bit more from side gigs

I asked someone who would know and was blown away by the response: the poster who said $300-400K is likely closest to the pin.

Apparently being the major news reporter on footy and cricket (and working across both broadcast and digital) placed him very well in the salary chart.

canny30

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Max Rooke
EFA
Most of the blokes in your circles might. Brave of you to admit it.
But most normal blokes don't.

Noted.

I'd like to point out I said men say these type of things things 'at some stage'.....could be as a teenager, 20's....whatever.

I'm always wary of men that try to project an image of perfection and that they have never made an objectifying comment of any woman in their entire life, which you are doing in this tread.

In a lot of instances men acting in such a way are infact hiding something. Great examples are paedo priests and domestic violence perpertrators. Im not saying you're either of these things but you come across as suss when you are over the top with your position.

All the best.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I asked someone who would know and was blown away by the response: the poster who said $300-400K is likely closest to the pin.

Apparently being the major news reporter on footy and cricket (and working across both broadcast and digital) placed him very well in the salary chart.

Wow that does surprise. That is some serious coin for a so called run of the mill footy journo

Back