If the Board/Committee came out tomorrow and said Shaw/Rawlings are the changes, Would you be happy?

Would you be happy with Shaw + Rawlings?

• Total voters

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Weird how everyone who knows him speaks more highly of him than people who don’t.

Scott seems to be very popular amongst the players, current and former. Understandably as he appears incredibly loyal to them.

Not sure if that translates to tactical genius though. Watching a North game I don’t recall ever walking away thinking Scott really pulled one over the opposing coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott seems to be very popular amongst the players, current and former. Understandably as he appears incredibly loyal to them.

Not sure if that translates to tactical genius though. Watching a North game I don’t recall ever walking away thinking Scott really pulled one over the opposing coach.

Tactical genius in that it gets you 10 years of employment.

Not only that, even during the off season, when he had time to implement any tactical ideas or set plays, he has never had us properly prepared, instead we'd be reacting on the fly to where the game is going in any given season, playing catchup.

I reckon Scott had long enough to show his tactical genius but the facts say otherwise. Clarko's cluster, Simmo's web, Pagan's paddock, Roos's and Hardwick's defensive pressure and frontal press, what about Scott??? What did we stand for?

He went alright with days of planning and when the plan worked.

GameDay and pulling it out of the fire, not so much.

Not sure if anyone else saw this article from Caro

A few points:

Yet another former Kangaroo, former board member Mark Brayshaw – the AFL Coaches Association boss – looms as one contender to take over as chief executive at North in the event that Dilena departs. But Shaw and Rawlings have demanded and assumed full decision-making powers in terms of the North playing list.

Recently sacked St Kilda coach Alan Richardson has since become one of the AFL's most wanted men, sought for a variety of coaching directorship roles in three states including Queensland. But he looks headed for North, where Shaw does not so much need a tactical mentor or strategist as he does a senior director of coaching and development.

Of the assistants at North, the uncontracted and long-serving Darren Crocker is expected to depart as his son, Joel, heads into his second season. Forward coach Leigh Tudor, contracted for 2020 and harbouring senior ambitions of his own, will move into a different role next year. Shaw needs at least one more experienced assistant along with Richardson, with his youngest colleague, Brendan Whitecross, also in line for promotion.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Not pointing this comment at you GR, but rather at the sports editor of The Age, because for the life of me I don't know why anyone would take the slightest notice of this silly cow's thoughts about strategic football matters.

She may as well be waffling on about electrical engineering.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not pointing this comment at you GR, but rather at the sports editor of The Age, because for the life of me I don't know why anyone would take the slightest notice of this silly cow's thoughts about strategic football matters.

Probably started with family connections. Supports the right team and also hates the right one.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Would be end of an era if Crocks moves on, but would make sense to give a Rhyce fresh voices and also give Joel a clear run.

I like the sound of Brady and Rhyce putting their feet down about how they want to run things - will be interesting to see what the broader review suggests about reporting after this year.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Think she thought Brian Cox needed some help with his particle physics and astronomy.

Thought I'd post it as it's still some information we didn't have before that's worth discussing.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if anyone else saw this article from Caro

A few points:

Yet another former Kangaroo, former board member Mark Brayshaw – the AFL Coaches Association boss – looms as one contender to take over as chief executive at North in the event that Dilena departs. But Shaw and Rawlings have demanded and assumed full decision-making powers in terms of the North playing list.

Recently sacked St Kilda coach Alan Richardson has since become one of the AFL's most wanted men, sought for a variety of coaching directorship roles in three states including Queensland. But he looks headed for North, where Shaw does not so much need a tactical mentor or strategist as he does a senior director of coaching and development.

Of the assistants at North, the uncontracted and long-serving Darren Crocker is expected to depart as his son, Joel, heads into his second season. Forward coach Leigh Tudor, contracted for 2020 and harbouring senior ambitions of his own, will move into a different role next year. Shaw needs at least one more experienced assistant along with Richardson, with his youngest colleague, Brendan Whitecross, also in line for promotion.

I'm all for Richardson coming on board as an assistant in that assumed capacity, and Whitecross has clearly been grooming himself for coaching ever since he came on board, both on and off the field in the VFL he has been heavily involved with game day coaching.

Crocks moving on will be a sad departure as he's one of the longest serving we've had in a long time but his reasons will be understood, Joel's time is nearly upon us and Young Crocks will be the future, can't have dad in the way ala SOS & Blakey.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm all for Richardson coming on board as an assistant in that assumed capacity, and Whitecross has clearly been grooming himself for coaching ever since he came on board, both on and off the field in the VFL he has been heavily involved with game day coaching.

Crocks moving on will be a sad departure as he's one of the longest serving we've had in a long time but his reasons will be understood, Joel's time is nearly upon us and Young Crocks will be the future, can't have dad in the way ala SOS & Blakey.
Is there better options then Richardson?
I don’t rate he’s time at either Port or StKilda.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is there better options then Richardson?
I don’t rate he’s time at either Port or StKilda.

We have at least 1 other spot to fill in assistants even if we were to take on Richo, but assuming we don't we have to take a punt on 1 or 2. Wouldn't have a clue who's available or willing right now.

I don't rate Richo as a gameday coach, but as a manager he seems fine.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have at least 1 other spot to fill in assistants even if we were to take on Richo, but assuming we don't we have to take a punt on 1 or 2. Wouldn't have a clue who's available or willing right now.

I don't rate Richo as a gameday coach, but as a manager he seems fine.
I know his coaching performance is worse but I think I’d rather get Bolton thru the door.

I do. Once. In fact it stuck in my head because of its rarity and I still remember it.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Yeh sad here too if Crocker was to move. He's a very dedicated North person wonder if there is a meaningful role elsewhere are the club we can keep him in?

The father-son thing is a complete non-issue. Doesn't seem to affect Viney, Blakey ( :mad: ) etc so shouldn't even be factored in.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeh sad here too if Crocker was to move. He's a very dedicated North person wonder if there is a meaningful role elsewhere are the club we can keep him in?

The father-son thing is a complete non-issue. Doesn't seem to affect Viney, Blakey ( :mad: ) etc so shouldn't even be factored in.
Won't be affecting Longmire... *Loud gremlin noises*

Back