If the Board/Committee came out tomorrow and said Shaw/Rawlings are the changes, Would you be happy?

Would you be happy with Shaw + Rawlings?

• Total voters
As the title says, give your reasons as to why and why not.

For me, Yes.

The team is looking fantastic under Shaws game plan, and they seem to have bought in already.

Happy to roll the dice on a 2 time Assistant Coach of the year who is so respected in Footy circles.

Brady coming across is icing on the cake, but a bloody huge appointment. Don't underestimate this one.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We don't kick backwards as much.
We have such a stringent defence, and yet hit the scoreboard a fair bit, albeit more points than goals these past two rounds.

I wonder if you asked Archer, King, Duck Pagan, McKernan and co if they would be happy with Shaw as coach, what would they think?

Kanga87

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Overwhelming yes, Rawlings speaks for himself and Shaw is a huge breath of fresh air, great media wise, tells it like it is and our playing style is just awesome to watch, for the first time in years I’m actually thinking we can beat anyone in the comp and players being told to just play to their strengths, not to mention the relentless toughness, pressure and tackling, absolutely loving watching the roo boys play atm

Kanga87

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We don't kick backwards as much.
We have such a stringent defence, and yet hit the scoreboard a fair bit, albeit more points than goals these past two rounds.

I wonder if you asked Archer, King, Duck Pagan, McKernan and co if they would be happy with Shaw as coach, what would they think?

I reckon they’d be happy with the appointment, the shinboner is officially back, sides and players are generally fearing playing us now, maybe not because of our great skill back in the 90’s but definitely our toughness at the man, ball and contest

Kanga87

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wouldn't be upset.

He's getting closer by the game now. Even in our loss to GWS we were well in that game and could have walked away with a win with a bit more of the rub of the green.

Got smashed in the clearances due to their elite midfield but were still in it most of the game, out played them all over the ground other than centre bounces and stoppages. It was different tonight, we matched one of the best midfields through the middle as well as out playing the pies in general play. We can beat anyone on our day now I reckon. Looking fwd to the Geelong game, really see where we’re at

I'd be disappointed if we only took a month to make the most important decision the club has had in a decade.

This is about where I'm at.

I'd like Shaw to make himself absolutely undeniable in the role.

Probably need another 4 wins for that. Whihh is completely doable.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
This is about where I'm at.

I'd like Shaw to make himself absolutely undeniable in the role.

Probably need another 4 wins for that. Whihh is completely doable.

I thought he'd have a tough time with the fixture, but beating the Tigers and Pies has really opened things up. Geelong and WC away are the only games I wouldn't give us a fair shot in now.

I thought he'd have a tough time with the fixture, but beating the Tigers and Pies has really opened things up. Geelong and WC away are the only games I wouldn't give us a fair shot in now.

I didn't really give us a shot tonight.

Bring them all on.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
I'd wait a few weeks. We'll probably win 3 of the next 4 and that would leave no doubts.

I would like to see a change or two with the assistant coaches as well.
Yep. If a review comes out that says Dilena's great, McMahon and Finnegan are ok for now, no need to spill the board, Laura Kane makes sure all the footies are pumped up, fine with that. Give Shaw some new assistants. Cancel the membership dept's Christmas party or something. Onward and upward.

I think you can pencil in the Gbong win, brads mum can't tell chris what our game plan is anymore 😃

Back